Waterson Event NC v TR v VS 2/1/2012 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: loves you
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-21, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Fear The Amish
First Sergeant

Waterson Event NC v TR v VS 2/1/2012

First throw down was against the TR on Amerish. Second one was against NC on Esamir. Now we invite both the TR and the NC into OUR HOUSE! Biggest fight in PS2 guaranteed on Waterson 2/1/2012 8pm EST

Old 2013-01-21, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Chewy
Major

Re: Waterson Event NC v TR v VS 2/1/2012

You certain that you want to poke the bear again? If memory serves NC ended up WGing the VS and capping Esamir shortly after the stream stopped.

Im all for another great fight. Just saying that maybe the 2nd isn't the best time for another Waterson showdown. With the big patch changing up the WGs and changing a lot of the map itself. Why not give some time to learn how to best use the new stuff? 2-3 days isn't much time when relearning base defenses/weaknesses, new(ish) attack paths, and all of the weapon changes bound to happen.
Old 2013-01-21, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by Fear The Amish View Post
First throw down was against the TR on Amerish. Second one was against NC on Esamir. Now we invite both the TR and the NC into OUR HOUSE! Biggest fight in PS2 guaranteed on Waterson 2/1/2012 8pm EST

First, replace that silly poster with a 3-way one representative of the server.

I will shoot every TR I see and I'm pretty sure the NC will as well. There will be no alliance between TR and NC ever!

The only reason why NC got pushed backed (momentarily) at the last event was because the TR were attacking at the east while Vanu was assaulting from the south and basically ignoring each other LOL. But when Vanu and TR started fighting southeast of the map, the Vanu got Warpgated (and resources cut off) and basically both TR and Vanu resistance collapsed

Edit: Oh and where is that custom NC logo with the shades and the Biolab graphics? lol

Last edited by Mordelicius; 2013-01-21 at 07:43 PM.
Old 2013-01-21, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

Very nice! Will try and be there.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-21, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Fear The Amish
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
You certain that you want to poke the bear again? If memory serves NC ended up WGing the VS and capping Esamir shortly after the stream stopped.

Im all for another great fight. Just saying that maybe the 2nd isn't the best time for another Waterson showdown. With the big patch changing up the WGs and changing a lot of the map itself. Why not give some time to learn how to best use the new stuff? 2-3 days isn't much time when relearning base defenses/weaknesses, new(ish) attack paths, and all of the weapon changes bound to happen.
you mean when 75% of the outfits involved had left to re secure indar because you had 0 conts capped and we had to prevent TR from taking ours?
Old 2013-01-21, 08:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

We will be rolling hard that entire week, expect to see something other than DVS/DREVlings.

Old 2013-01-21, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Chewy
Major

you mean when 75% of the outfits involved had left to re secure indar because you had 0 conts capped and we had to prevent TR from taking ours?
Um, NC took and held Amerish long before taking Esamir that night. Soon after kicking everyone out of Esamir we went and stopped the TR from ghost capping Amerish. At the end of that night the NC had 2 conts capped, or did you quit before the fight was fought?

The VS can have Indar if it means holding the other 2. Besides, why send 75% of your main forces from a real fight to defend a weak push? All it should have taken was one platoon to stop a cont cap. If you need to send 75% of a main force to beat back just the TR, then the VA needs to get a better game plan or start training their troops outside of a VR room.

Face it. You used the TR as an excuse to abandon the real fight you started. VS tech may be the best, but the men behind those weapons may have had a mind cleansing to many.

(hint of sarcasm and good/bad humor. Good fights that day)
Old 2013-01-22, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Wargrim
Sergeant

As much fun as the previous events were, i think people are right that the Patch and Warpgate rotation are big changes that should probably sink in for a week or so before doing a big Indar battle.

( Also, being on Indar, we as TR will probably lose half our cont population to the goddamned crown and therefore fail to achive anything. )

PS: If you think TR and VS did not fight each other during the Big Smear on Esamir, you obviously were nowhere near Saerro Listening Post.
Old 2013-01-22, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Um, NC took and held Amerish long before taking Esamir that night. Soon after kicking everyone out of Esamir we went and stopped the TR from ghost capping Amerish. At the end of that night the NC had 2 conts capped, or did you quit before the fight was fought?

The VS can have Indar if it means holding the other 2. Besides, why send 75% of your main forces from a real fight to defend a weak push? All it should have taken was one platoon to stop a cont cap. If you need to send 75% of a main force to beat back just the TR, then the VA needs to get a better game plan or start training their troops outside of a VR room.

Face it. You used the TR as an excuse to abandon the real fight you started. VS tech may be the best, but the men behind those weapons may have had a mind cleansing to many.

(hint of sarcasm and good/bad humor. Good fights that day)
You mean when TR had 72% pop on Indar and it was decided to save Indar rather than fight a stalemate at a biolab? SHOCKING I KNOW! NC sitting at BioLab! Never happens on Waterson, I hear they gave up that practice in an attempt to play the game!

edit: I'd prefer we fight that day. Doesn't matter if theres a patch or not, if VS lose Indar due to not knowing where to defend all the better, might give NC a reason to play on Indar for a bit. Maybe a day, before they realize they're just not cut-out for the sort of battle Indar offers(non-Biofarming)

Last edited by Assist; 2013-01-22 at 08:31 AM.
Old 2013-01-22, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
DaPope
Private

In the second post NC is already making excuses not to fight. At least the TR/BRIT showed up to fight, NC/DVS were making excuses and trying to change the time since the minute the challenge was thrown down. Now when they aren't even being called out directly they start with the excuses!

Vanu will continue to own Indar as we have for weeks. NC and TR can TRY to push in but they will be slaughtered. It's sad that they can't adapt to changing warp gate locations, but such is the way of things. The VS have always been ahead of the curve with technology and it isn't surprising that we are willing to fight not matter when, where, or even after a big patch.

To those who show the fight will be epic and the sky will be filled with VS Scythes fighting gloriously while the big slow NC Reavers are burning in flames and the fast little mossys go splat against the canyon walls.

- Sentinels [Reapers]
Old 2013-01-22, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Fear The Amish
First Sergeant

Yeah i kinda have documented proof of DVS demanding a time and date then a few days before the event trying to back out of it.... more of the same drama.
Old 2013-01-22, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
You mean when TR had 72% pop on Indar and it was decided to save Indar rather than fight a stalemate at a biolab? SHOCKING I KNOW! NC sitting at BioLab! Never happens on Waterson, I hear they gave up that practice in an attempt to play the game!

edit: I'd prefer we fight that day. Doesn't matter if theres a patch or not, if VS lose Indar due to not knowing where to defend all the better, might give NC a reason to play on Indar for a bit. Maybe a day, before they realize they're just not cut-out for the sort of battle Indar offers(non-Biofarming)
It's not my fault that neither the TR or VS know how to take a bio-lab. Iv taken bio-labs when their fully maned and it isn't that hard to do. Here's a few steps that make it easy, if you're able enough for the job.
1- Get spawn points
2- Clear the landing pads to remove AA
3- Choose up to 2 entry paths that aren't in use
4- Stock up on men and MAXes at those paths, out of sight
5- Make a false push at another path or the landing pads
6- When the false push reports heavy resistance, crash in.

Simple as that. Standing in the portal rooms does NOTHING. Empty them and let defenders go elsewhere to farm. Don't give defenders time to mass up around you attack paths. Rush in and Kick Some Ass.

Originally Posted by DaPope View Post
In the second post NC is already making excuses not to fight. At least the TR/BRIT showed up to fight, NC/DVS were making excuses and trying to change the time since the minute the challenge was thrown down. Now when they aren't even being called out directly they start with the excuses!

Vanu will continue to own Indar as we have for weeks. NC and TR can TRY to push in but they will be slaughtered. It's sad that they can't adapt to changing warp gate locations, but such is the way of things. The VS have always been ahead of the curve with technology and it isn't surprising that we are willing to fight not matter when, where, or even after a big patch.

To those who show the fight will be epic and the sky will be filled with VS Scythes fighting gloriously while the big slow NC Reavers are burning in flames and the fast little mossys go splat against the canyon walls.

- Sentinels [Reapers]
I am in no way a rep of DVS. The DVS tags may be there in my stats but I am NOT a DVS member. I am just a pub player that happens to use DVS as an easy way to get with a group of people instead of having to ask permission from my real clan to make a PS2 branch and to go through the hassles of maintaining an outfit. The only clan I am a member of is OFG, Old Fart Gaming. They are a Day Z only clan at the moment. Im here playing this because of burning out on that game and am taking a breather.

All posts made so far has been as a NC grunt that loves a good fight. I gave an opinion on how the patch is a huge game changer and that it needs to be taken account of.
Old 2013-01-22, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Whiteagle
Major

Well what did you expect from a zerg outfit that doesn't even have a central Internet personality to gather the herd around them?

Yeah... no...

You see VA you got Indar on Easy Mode; a giant hugeass canyon forcing TR ground forces into two easily routed chokepoints while your last territory was snuggled nicely behind your Warpgate and required a covert operation just to begin capturing.

Should you really be bragging about the skill of your pilots?

I mean, how much air time has the VS really gotten in those canyons?
I'm thinking we'll be seeing an awful lot of splattered Scythes when the experienced NC/TR pilots force them into the ground.
Old 2013-01-22, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Fear The Amish
First Sergeant

White you forget that VS have the NC warpgated almost 24/7 on Indar =) we have plenty of practice flying there also a lot of us played in beta when that was OUR warpgate.
Old 2013-01-22, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Whiteagle
Major

White you forget that VS have the NC warpgated almost 24/7 on Indar =) we have plenty of practice flying there also a lot of us played in beta when that was OUR warpgate.
Really?
Because when ever I'm there it seems like TR are the only ones actually putting pressure on them...

I will accept Beta players knowning how to fly there, but how many of your scrubs will?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion