Additions to the VR training area - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is Sponsored By Spam�
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-03-13, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
OctavianAXFive
Staff Sergeant

Additions to the VR training area

Obviously people want a ton of things but here is something I noticed almost right away that would be a pretty easy addition.

I tried shouting out to Malorn while he was in there but who knows if he noticed.

Personally I'd like to see range indicators built into the walls of target ranges. That way we can know what recoil is like at certain damage intervals. It would also be helpful for giving us a better idea of what hip fire spread is like at different damage ranges.

I noticed there are yellow highlights on the walls but I'm unsure if they are actual range intervals or not. Thoughts?

Personally really loved the VR area though. A ton of people in it right now but I already learned that I prefer the foregrip on just about every weapon over the laser sights
Old 2013-03-13, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Additions to the VR training area

Originally Posted by OctavianAXFive View Post
Obviously people want a ton of things but here is something I noticed almost right away that would be a pretty easy addition.

I tried shouting out to Malorn while he was in there but who knows if he noticed.

Personally I'd like to see range indicators built into the walls of target ranges. That way we can know what recoil is like at certain damage intervals. It would also be helpful for giving us a better idea of what hip fire spread is like at different damage ranges.

I noticed there are yellow highlights on the walls but I'm unsure if they are actual range intervals or not. Thoughts?

Personally really loved the VR area though. A ton of people in it right now but I already learned that I prefer the foregrip on just about every weapon over the laser sights
Good suggestion.

I've tried it and it's a very good addition.

There are a lot of people in there at present and we're getting in each others way in as much as you can't tell how much damage you're doing because there are several people shooting at the same thing.

There's also a lot of fps issues, due I suppose to the number of people. I guess it will settle down over time.

Old 2013-03-13, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
HiroshiChugi
Captain

First of all, I love your quote! Second, I agree with you. I think they're at 5-10 meter intervals, but I'm not quite sure, so I'll investigate it later.
Old 2013-03-13, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

VR is open ? I hadn't thought to even look for it. How do you get there ?

Also, there's nothing up in PSU yet on VR. At least not that I readily found.
I'm eager to check it out.

Thank you Malorn & anyone else who helped get this in game.

Last edited by Chaff; 2013-03-13 at 02:32 PM.
Old 2013-03-13, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
VR is open ? I hadn't thought to even look for it. How do you get there ?

Also, there's nothing up in PSU yet on VR. At least not that I readily found.
I'm eager to check it out.

Thank you Malorn & anyone else who helped get this in game.
In the WG go to the switch continent screen .... there's a button at the bottom for VR.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-03-13, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Range indicators for the bays are coming.

FYI, the targets are set up at 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 meters in the bays. In an upcoming patch you'll see holographic indicators for that.
Old 2013-03-13, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
OctavianAXFive
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Range indicators for the bays are coming.

FYI, the targets are set up at 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 meters in the bays. In an upcoming patch you'll see holographic indicators for that.

This is why I have faith in Planetside 2.

Thanks for the info!
Old 2013-03-13, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ElSol
Private

When you buy C4 in the VR it uses your resources. They are still gone when you leave the VR and go back to one of the continents. Same goes for MedKits. The problem here is, I just wanted to try out C4 because I don't have it yet. So now I have some C4 in the VR and no resources in the "RL".
I would suggest that the ressorces are deactivated in the VR.
Old 2013-03-13, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by ElSol View Post
When you buy C4 in the VR it uses your resources. They are still gone when you leave the VR and go back to one of the continents. Same goes for MedKits. The problem here is, I just wanted to try out C4 because I don't have it yet. So now I have some C4 in the VR and no resources in the "RL".
I would suggest that the ressorces are deactivated in the VR.
Pretty sure that was a noted issue in the patch notes that was released, but would be changed eventually.
Old 2013-03-13, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ElSol
Private

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Pretty sure that was a noted issue in the patch notes that was released, but would be changed eventually.
Yes. It's in the notes, I missed that and now feel bad about myself :- )
But now there are Vanu Players in the NC VR on Ceres...
Edit: The Compensator for the AC-X11 cant be attached anymore in the VR and also outside of it. I don't know where I should post this

Last edited by ElSol; 2013-03-13 at 08:21 PM.
Old 2013-03-13, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Excellent, I was hoping range indicators would be coming soon. I suppose we can always use personal waypoints to range targets outside of the lanes at longer distances.
Now, time to go play!

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-03-13, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

firstly, some stuff i noted here:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...4&postcount=74

But also, just clone indar and turn the clone into the VR range, and make every wg a wg for the owning empire of any of the vr areas. Why? Because it has uses for large groups that want to do tactical training on bases. Though, should keep the ATV track if you do do that, somehow.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-03-13, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Wargrim
Sergeant

My feedback on the VR room:

First, it is pretty damn awesome and very useful.

However, i see a lot of potential improvements that could make it even better.

- Bots not playing a death animation makes it hard to judge your time to kill with guns. Give them back a death animation, or despawn them the very moment they die, or give another clear visual feedback.

- Make it so you can always see the health bar of bots, even when they are not spotted or your crosshair is near them. Another way to improve your ability to judge the damage you are actually doing.

- More targets / shooting ranges. At the moment, due to the high number of players testing weapons at only 3(?) ranges, you will often have multiple people shoot the same targets, making it hard to judge your individual damage. You need enough targets for yourself for proper testing.

- Add MAXes to the shooting ranges. There are some in the open field, but those are not at fixed distances, and you also have to run back for ammo/weapons changing if you use open field targets.

- Add some bots that move if possible. Preferably in such a way that they do not come towards you or run away, but just go left-right-left-right at fixed distances in some of the shooting ranges. The reason for this is that with some weapons, it is quite a difference if you shoot on a stationary or moving target.
Old 2013-03-18, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Here is a pretty big and possibly complx one i wouldnt xpect anytime soon if at all but what the hell here it goes:

Outfit owned VR + "Wargames"

Besicaly create a seperate instance of the VR exclusive for each outfit, with perhaps the possibilaty to invite people or even entire platoons from outside.

The purpouse is 2 fold.

1. Allow outfits to test certain tactics without some randon shmuck blowing up the targets or othrwise insisting on being a nuisance.

2. Allowthe outfit leaders to set people up into teams (Red and Blue) to conduct "Wargames" as an advanced form of training and testing. For instance if an outfit wants to test a tactic in attacking a tower they set 2 squads as Red and another 2 as Blue with one team defending the tower and the other applying the tactic.
With an invite system it could also be used as a place for allied outfits to have small competitions.

And one small little thing. Make it so players cant get into the shooting range. Those pricks runing around in there are realy anoying.

Last edited by MrMak; 2013-03-18 at 01:32 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion