[Lore Help] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Tastes like spam.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-18, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
HiroshiChugi
Captain

[Lore Help]

So I've decided to take up the job of starting to write more lore on the NC (hehe, I rhymed right there :3). I've noticed that there's a "spokeswoman" for the NC, Diane Draper, but no real or actual "leader" for the NC. So therefore, I've decided to write up lore on the actual "leader" for the NC. I need help in starting it though, such as the server names lore (who they're named after and why), and that person's role in the war. If you have anything that can help me out, please provide it as it will help me out a TON in writing this. Thanks in advance for your contributions! ^_^
Old 2013-03-18, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Re: [Lore Help]

There was this one former TR president who kinda founded/united the NC if i recall right. Was it...Connery? Thomas Connery?

Or do you mean current leaders? Wasn't that cheeseface from youtube whos name i can't remember right now NCs leader?

EDIT: Actually i think cheeseface was the vanu guy.

EDIT²: Checking the other "lore" thread i now see where you are coming from. So nvm, and yeah i think you're basically stuck with NCs equivalent of cheeseface then. TR had that british bulldog.

Last edited by Babyfark McGeez; 2013-03-18 at 08:08 AM.
Old 2013-03-18, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Cheeseface and bulldog. hahaha

I constantly say it in every lore related thread.. They have done such a crap job of giving the game any kind of solid background, they even hired that comic book writer guy to write some stuff but it was just a few small diary entries. Some people play WoW because they love the lore from the other warcraft games.. Being able to fight arthas or do battle in Org. Im sure some people atleast would feel a bit more connected to the fighting if there was purpose behind it..

So good luck to you sir! Sadly I feel you will have to make up the lore for your lady since SOE hasnt given us anything to go on.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-03-18, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

To be fair the lack of any background info is pretty much a planetside staple, i think the "lore" that exists is as old as planetside 1 and nothing has been done with it in the last ten years.
Old 2013-03-18, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
yonman
Corporal

Back on track
There was a lore entry about the naming of the New Congloremate (Scoundrels and greedy merchants the lot of them). There were a few names there of CEOs and other corporate types. Personally I always imagined the NC as being led by a board room - armchair generals that abstract assets into fiscal transactions and gantt charts. These board members would have struck a delicate balance to keep everyone in check, while they play their own subtle game of internal politics.

While I believe there'd be a "chairman" sort of person, I wouldn't imagine them having a single leader - the rest would gang up on him and take him down immediately.
Old 2013-03-18, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
HiroshiChugi
Captain

I just need the lore on the people the servers are named after mainly. You know, if they're NC, TR, or VS. So that way I can make up the lore as I go on and hopefully SOE will accept it as the actual lore. xD
Old 2013-03-18, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Ok, so I've got a lot of info for my story and I'm currently writing it as we speak. But there's one problem... what is this war called? The "Great War?" Or is it called something else?
Old 2013-03-18, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Qwan
Captain

Well I think you should start with what you got, OK we know the NC are a group of big corparations that dont like the current ruler's and dont believe in all that alien mumbo jumbo. I guess after the coloney was cut off from earth, they decided to separate themselves from the current rule, so they rallied the common worker ( the people they employed) and they invested there own money to build a war machine to fight the TR and keep the crazy alien worshiping VS from taking away there freedom. OK now its time to fill in the blanks, give us the name of corparations that banded together there resources to fight. Names of key personnel's with small stories of who they are and there chain of thought, also talk about the soldiers, the workers who backed there employers and believed in fighting for there freedom. The thing with building this lore is that you need to give names and specifics, to fill in the story. For example give a name of a big buisness owner who lost everything because the TR decided that he wasnt a beliver and how with the help of other coperate leaders he begain striking out at TR bases stealing gear and equipment. Also tell about a NC soldier who lost his family and swore to kill every TR on Araxium, or maybe a NC soldier that was experimented on by the VS and has a burning desire to make them all pay. I mean with the frame that SOE has put together you can pretty much go in any direction you want. I made a Lore up for my outfit M.A.P. and how our outfit came together, its on Wiki, I never put much thought into it, we were just messing around. Check it out.
Old 2013-03-18, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by HiroshiChugi View Post
Ok, so I've got a lot of info for my story and I'm currently writing it as we speak. But there's one problem... what is this war called? The "Great War?" Or is it called something else?
See this is the great part about writing up your own lore the war really doesnt have a name, its just called Planetside 2, Give it a name, this lore that your writing is just that a lore, a similation of the truth, if you think about it most lore's or legends are told by the victors not the losers, so give it a name, call it what you like, but chose something that your readers can believe and grasp. Right now you have three factions fighting, they dont agree on anything, so the VS might call it the evelution war, the TR might call it the The hand of justice war, the NC might call it The great seperation war (these are just examples) . Come up with a name, remember your the writer of this lore. If you need some insperation check out some of vids for the NC, one I thought that was quite inspiring was the Planetside 2 New Conglomerate Trailer: Join the Revolution, I almost went NC when I saw it. These should give you an idea of what the NC are actually fighting for, the NC mind set so to say.
Old 2013-03-18, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Well I finished writing in about 20-30 minutes, and it's my first lore story! I'm so excited, I think this truly fits the game and such. :P
Old 2013-03-18, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
KaskaMatej
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by HiroshiChugi View Post
I think it's just War.
Old 2013-03-18, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
HiroshiChugi
Captain

lol ok, wel lI called it the Great War, as that sounds fitting. :P
Old 2013-03-18, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

"Curly" is the leader of the NC
"Larry" is the leader of the VS
"Moe" is the leader of the TR

THIS, is lore at a level PS players can relate to.

....nyuck, nyuck, nyuck,.....

Last edited by Chaff; 2013-03-18 at 01:25 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion