AGN: Community Clash Recording TXR and MERC vs NNG and TGWW - Page 14 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Spoons > All
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-09-28, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #196
Coltorl
Private

Re: Community Clash Recording TXR and MERC vs NNG and TGWW

Originally Posted by ReachCast View Post
Due to the confusion with the previous rule we are changing its wording from

“All members must be a full time member of the outfit they are representing for the event.”

To

“All participating members of the match are required to be a member of the outfit they are representing for a minimum of 7 days prior to the start of the event.”

I apologize for any confusion the previous rule created and I can understand the interpretation made by both sides of this argument. We still understand that this is honor bound but hopefully it provides a clearer intent of the rule. Thank you everybody for the understanding that we are doing the best we can to improve the format, rule set and overall quality of the match each week. In the end we are doing this to provide an event for the community to enjoy and participate in.
Good call, close this thread.
Old 2013-09-28, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #197
NoXousX
Corporal

Originally Posted by Coltorl View Post
Good call, close this thread.
But I'm enjoying the drama.
Old 2013-09-28, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #198
Phrygen
Corporal

Originally Posted by NoXousX View Post
Wait for the next RCCC then. It is inevitable.
Old 2013-09-28, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #199
Coltorl
Private

Originally Posted by NoXousX View Post
As much as I'd like to continue with my half eaten bag of popcorn, I'm too full to ingest anymore maybe next week.
Old 2013-09-28, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #200
Selentic
Private

Originally Posted by Phrygen View Post
Wait for the next RCCC then. It is inevitable.
yeah p much, this one looks like it's run dry :[
Old 2013-09-29, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #201
Rolfski
Major

“All participating members of the match are required to be a member of the outfit they are representing for a minimum of 7 days prior to the start of the event.”
Good call, although I would probably change that to 30 days prior to the event start, just to stay on the safe side of any possible all-star team accusations.
Old 2013-09-29, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #202
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

Due to the confusion with the previous rule we are changing its wording from

“All members must be a full time member of the outfit they are representing for the event.”

To

I apologize for any confusion the previous rule created and I can understand the interpretation made by both sides of this argument. We still understand that this is honor bound but hopefully it provides a clearer intent of the rule. Thank you everybody for the understanding that we are doing the best we can to improve the format, rule set and overall quality of the match each week. In the end we are doing this to provide an event for the community to enjoy and participate in.
Originally Posted by Phrygen View Post
It is for the best that this has been clarified.

It has also in practice however, for better or worse, sanctioned the use of ringers, assuming teams are given more than a weeks notice. Rather easy to just outfit switch the players needed 7 days before the RCCC events. Hopefully teams will actively bring in the best players and resources that their outfits are missing, so that games are a little less one sides in the nexus.

Hopefully this will result in more server vs server RCCCs.
Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
Good call, although I would probably change that to 30 days prior to the event start, just to stay on the safe side of any possible all-star team accusations.

Very clear intent indeed..... lol
Old 2013-09-29, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #203
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
30 days was my feeling as well.

Not to restart all of this again, but I don't understand how some felt the CC was a practice ground for MLG and MLG rules would apply when CC clearly stated it's own rules?

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-09-30, 01:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #204
matthewpeters
Private

Not to restart all of this again, but I don't understand how some felt the CC was a practice ground for MLG and MLG rules would apply when CC clearly stated it's own rules?
Pretty damn simple; CC roster rule was vague. An outfit asked for clarification. Said outfit roster complied with clarification. Jimmies were rustled because some believe the outfit in question did not follow original vague rule. CC Rules were updated to remove all confusion.

I've spent too much time reading through this all.
Old 2013-09-30, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #205
EnderVS
Private

Wow, that took forever to read. I was going to try and stay neutral for my own sake but am struggling with that. I thought RCCC was a means to get some groundwork on having something fun competitively in Planetside 2? They've done that to the best of their abilities in a fashion that probably could only have only been done better if they could see into the future. Please keep doing the community clashes and don't tone them down and implement silly rules that end up being "formalities" for the sake of players that think they're better than they are. People are going to get butthurt after every single clash, it happens. That's part of losing if you decide that your in-game beating wasn't thorough enough. You always have the option of taking it outside the game too.

TGWW/QRY are the same group of people, if you want them to clarify 7 days before hand, whoop dee doo now they're clarified and bringing the same people to fight. What's the excuse going to be when they ARE all under the same name? It's not the same as saying all of connery vs all of matherson's finest, not even close.

Come match day, at the end of the day, if TGWW/QRY solidified themselves under a single outfit name they would all remain under that name after any event that they came together for. There would be no need for them to leave because they are literally all playing together most of the time. If you were to bring all of Connery's elite, at the end of the day.... you go back to your individual outfits. I think the difference is pretty clear cut and the situations are not even remotely the same. Mattherson's air elite have formed their own outfits that are basically called something else across the different factions, connery's air elite have not done this, they are not on the same team day in day out because they aren't in the same "group" of gamers as TGWW/QRY/N are. The group of gamers that are generally on the same TS nightly as well.

Comparing the best vs the best isn't relevant here and to bring it up is just reaching for anything at this point. Like I said, Mattherson's air elite do play together in the same squads nightly, Connery's don't. For whatever reason that's just how it evolved on Mattherson.

DA/TGWW are probably going to work out a scrim with NUC in the near future, i'd be pretty shocked if they got mad because of something like this. Granted a scrim is different from a RCCC....sort of, but isn't the point of any type of competition to win or learn from your mistakes? If DA ends up losing some scrim or RCCC, it's on us. I could care less who was on the other team, if there were ringers, if there were rule changes. The focus for the next week would be, "given what happened, how do we react in the future?" If my guys were to come on the forum and accuse people of cheating, or rc bending rules, or ringers and such I'd tell them to stop, delete the post, and knock that shit off permanently. What you should have taken away from this was be good enough or prepared enough to adapt in any situation at any time.

If you can't do that, you're probably not going to end up doing well in any competitions as they get more and more competitive. At the end of the day, as an outfit all that matters is our own performance. Focusing on anything else at all other than moving forward (and the extent the bs in this thread has gone to) is going to be detrimental. I'm sorry if that seems like a dick thing to say, but that's how I operate my outfit, and it's worked quite well for us. If I were in MERC's situation it would simply be a, "well back to the drawing board, what can we do better, what can we do to combat this type of thing in the future." I assure you, the answer would not be, go post on the forums about changes that NEED TO HAPPEN TO BE FAIR. It'd be an internal evaluation of why things broke down and anyone that tries to derail that line of thought is hindering the getting better process. If you get a rule changed great, you still didn't go back and make yourselves better and that air is going to pound you just as hard next time. You'll be in the same position because you focused on the wrong things.

Sorry you lost, fix it. RCCC is fine. EVERYONE knew going into a Nexus fight that it's an unfinished continent. We shouldn't really even have access to it, they know its broken, saying SOE needs to fix this shit is redundant. They know too. These things should have been expected going into the match. I have a favorite saying, "Shit Happens," because it does. The only response to "Shit" is to be good enough to overcome it, or to understand "Shit" so well you can out maneuver it in the future with little extra change or skill.

Last edited by EnderVS; 2013-09-30 at 05:39 AM.
Old 2013-09-30, 06:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #206
LeilaniRock
Private

^Applause!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2013-09-30, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #207
Dreadnaut
Contributor
Private

Originally Posted by Jax Blake View Post
Uh wow are we really going into stealing TS conversations...

My anger with this whole situation and my absolute disgust as shown in that sound clip has nothing to do with my outfit or yours (at this point in time) but with the producers of this event because for me they absolutely failed and have yet to directly address the issue at hand. As far as the flying stuff I don't fly and when flying is involved for MERCs then Snafu is the guy to talk to.

In the future if anyone wants to hear something from a MERC just come out and ask and we can talk, no need to steal and leak conversations, that's some punk bitch shit right there.
I said that TGWW should exit this thread, and I meant it, however I had planned on responding to this post before I exited the thread and forgot too. I was gone at a buddies wedding for the last 3 days and didn't have a chance to respond. My apologies.

- - - - -

Your anger being directed at the Producers of the RCCC is unfounded and they did nothing wrong. We all played under the exact same rules and the exact same map. We had no advantage nor did you. RCCC crew should be commended for putting this together for the community and nothing less. They had to work with a broken test server as did we, and there is absolutely ZERO reason to place any blame on them. If you believe that rules were vague, politely ask them to clarify them, don't berate them. Had the rules been more 'clear' nothing would have changed, the outcome would have been exactly the same, as my team would have been the exact same 24 hours, 7 days, or 30 days prior to the event. If you have suggestions for them, please let them know what they are as they have stated on multiple occasions they are working to make this event better and better every time.

I understand that there is still a little confusion about the spawn beacons, and that there was some mixed messages there...however, we all had to deal with the same situation, no one had an advantage.

As far as 'stealing TS conversations' goes, if you think I care enough about a scrim to go do something shady like that, you'd be 100% wrong. How would one go about 'stealing' TS conversations anyway?? Please enlighten me because my TS server requires permissions to get into most of the channels.

Now, if one of your OWN guys was streaming it live to the internet, and someone anonymously sends me a link to the recording, am I stealing your TS conversations?? It wasn't till sometime the day after the match that someone said to me, "Couple of their guys thought you were cheating, listen to this...and btw, here are the time stamps of them losing their shit and fighting with each other like children". Of course I listened. I actually wasn't upset about anything I heard as I'm used to being called a cheater, and most of the guys in my outfit are used to being called cheaters. But that usually comes from guys who are BR 3 and don't know what skill is. I know when I'm accused of cheating that whoever it is, is just ignorant, stupid, or both. In this specific case I don't think anyone is stupid, maybe a little ignorant of the situation though. I do understand when you're frustrated that sometimes people say things off the cuff, so I'm not taking any accusations personally. Accusing us of leaving the continent at half time was just dumb. That didn't happen. If I found out any of my players did it, they would be removed.

Our resource management was key, and it's already been posted how we were so successful in doing so. I also had to giggle and the # quotes of how many aircraft we had in the air which were WAY off, sometimes quoted more than double what there actually was. We've just been doing this a long time, and it's what we do. We're used to playing with less people in the air and to be honest, we get beat down A LOT. We get our asses handed to us by superior #'s on a regular basis. We use those situations to get better and we're finding that we have a the ability to kill larger #'s of guys in the air by good communication and good pilots. We're not the best, but we work hard and we have a desire to win.

Now, on to the REAL issue with that sound clip...

The fighting you have between your own members was the worst part of that sound clip. This is a game, and it sounded like someone had just said something bad about your mom and your sister to your face and you were ready for blood. You guys need to fix that stuff before you EVER get into another scrim or match. That type of infighting will do nothing but tear you all apart from the inside. The comment, "I HAVE SERIOUS ISSUES HOW THIS OPERATION WAS RUN" was pretty silly. It didn't matter what you did, and no one had any control on the ground. Once we took over the air we knew there would be absolutely nothing you could do to stop us. We're in the air all the time, we looked at the Nexus and came up with a plan and knew that if we controlled the air, we would then control the ground. It's a delicate balance but we had a plane to make it work.

A quote from our website:
"Since the German attack on Poland in 1939, no country has won a war in the face of enemy air superiority, no major offensive has succeeded against an opponent who controlled the air, and no defense has sustained itself against an enemy who had air superiority. Conversely, no state has lost a war while it maintained air superiority, and attainment of air superiority consistently has been a prelude to military victory. It is vital that national and theater commanders, their air component commanders, and their surface component commanders be aware of these historical facts, and plan accordingly."

Your arguing, bitching, screaming and yelling was to NO fault of any member of TxR/MERC. There was nothing they could do and screaming at them has no positive effect. We killed every Sundy as fast as we could, we did everything possible including the idea of suicide runs in a Lib just to kill a Sundy. Being willing to Sacrifice your own Liberator which you may or may not be able to pull again to kill a spawn point is something we had to weigh very heavily. But it was in the plan and we'd do it if needed. We also aren't strangers to capping bases from the air, and as you can see in the videos, we did that in a few cases fairly successfully.

Speaking as a man, to a man, all you need to do is say, "I was upset, I said dumb things, I'm sorry" and we can all be friends again. I'm not going to hold a grudge and I hope no one else will over a silly game.

Props to Forsosh for being the calm voice of reason on TS. That's a guy you want to keep around for a long time. That type of attitude is what we ALL need to emulate.

I'll direct my other questions directly to TxR/MERC leadership as it doesn't belong here.

TL;DR
Stop the infighting between yourselves or you won't ever be successful in anything you do, video game or not.

Last edited by Dreadnaut; 2013-09-30 at 12:23 PM.
Old 2013-09-30, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #208
Coltorl
Private

This thread should be over TGWW had a group of players that were 10x better than what TxR and MERC could muster at the time. As a viewer I personally think the team's were stacked as hell and that's why I couldn't enjoy it. If this was the originally planned TxR vs NNG it would have been much more fun to watch.
Old 2013-09-30, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #209
EnderVS
Private

Originally Posted by Dreadnaut View Post
Logic & Reason
Dread, you and your logic...jeez. Stop that already......and stop being so good at what you do, it just ruins my immersion.

Originally Posted by Coltorl View Post
This thread should be over TGWW had a group of players that were 10x better than what TxR and MERC could muster at the time. As a viewer I personally think the team's were stacked as hell and that's why I couldn't enjoy it. If this was the originally planned TxR vs NNG it would have been much more fun to watch.
It wouldn't have been 48v48 then, how does RCCC go about pairing outfits up that are similar level. It's not really that feasible and its more up to the outfits to bring their A-Game.

Last edited by EnderVS; 2013-09-30 at 12:53 PM.
Old 2013-09-30, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #210
TorinPS
Private

To be fair to RCCC, there is only so much you can do on the Outfit pairings. Most outfits won't have enough people to field a single 48 man squad, so this outfit coupling was the natural progression.

They aren't going to know who everyone is, how good everyone is, how good the outfits will work together, etc. The RCCC is fleshing some of this out for them. A meta-game is being created around RCCC results, and it will lead to better pairings in the future. When an outfit is relatively unknown on the 'scene', they need to get out there and prove themselves, before they can really be used properly in future events.

We can't really expect RCCC to have 'known better', I mean, look at all the feedback on the match-up prior to the event? Like 90% of everyone giving feedback was saying TR was going to win, or they were rooting for TR. If the outcome of the match was predicated on who the majority of people thought would win, it would have gone the other way.

Simply put, nobody outside of Mattherson really knew who TGWW was, or who TGWW would bring to something like this. Every pilot on Mattherson though could probably recount a bunch of personal stories about how TGWW kicked their shit in, or QRY locked every air unit they could pull inside the warpgate. But RCCC isn't going to know all that.

This is all a crap shoot right now. RCCC is developing a platform for outfits to put it all out there. They do their best to make pairings that, based on their intelligence seem like it should be a good match. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't. The next match TGWW is involved in will probably be against another outfit with a proven air wing. Live and learn, not bitch and moan.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion