Planetside 2 AWSOMENESS - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ammo not included.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-19, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Qwe
Private

Re: Planetside 2 AWSOMENESS

If it's so awesome, where's the swag?
Old 2012-09-19, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
DawnDude
Private

it is an awesome game, and i heard a few people cryin in the ingame chat about how the game is "boring"! well for everyone who got bored of it all u got to do is to find a good squad / outfit and stick with it! ull have a great time thats for sure !
Old 2012-09-19, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

i think the game is awesome. although i think the overall base fights are too quick. i think overall i preferred the lattice system but i do like the smaller capture points as well. i think the best scenario would be small bf3 conquest capture points integrated with the lattice system for bases in the future. that way the base fights are epic but there are smaller tower like fights for land as well for capturing to keep things fresh.
Old 2012-09-19, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
KillEmAll
Private

I like it, I'm addicted, our entire clan will be switching to this game upon release...
Old 2012-09-19, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Valcron
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Destroyoff View Post
This game is awsome and i would like to know who else thinks this game is the "bees knees!" Ive played ps1 for a while now and this game blows it out of the water.

It's *Hardly* awesome, clearly you never played the first 1 to even think that.
Old 2012-09-19, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
moosepoop
Captain

this game makes me cum bullets
Old 2012-09-19, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Shogun
Contributor
General

the game is far from ready, but already awesome.

and playing in a coordinated squad already is great fun!

the game still needs a lot of "planetside" to be as awesome as it could be, but i believe in the devs! they will add some awesomeness with every patch! and they already showed, that they listen to our feedback and are willing to try out our ideas. true beta!

so yes, the game is awesome and will be even better when it´s ready.
and with the 3 year plan i even think it is possible to maintain the quality of the game for some time without screwing up like on some previous games.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-09-19, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

I liken ps2 to probably the best cheeseburger you've ever seen, lovely soft burger bun , delicious relishes, tasty cheese and crisp salad. Plenty of fries, a thirst quenching drink and the menu said you get free refils for a long as you want, but someone left out the beefburger.

It's the meat and bones of ps1 that are missing to make the meal complete.

It has the potential to be magnificent, I think the moves forward with new modern gunplay and physics ,and making more of the area worth fighting is great.

The class system, while on paper is easier for balancing etc, could do with more flavor to allow tweaking your character beyond their corridors. Even if its a tradeoff , to be a medic/engineer hybrid or whatever combination you feel like,using the same principles that they are working with ie slower firing but does more damage etc.

The map is always divided into 3, there no real dynamic in place to mix things up. Behind the lines gen dropping and resecures, the constant to-ing and fro-ing of outfit v outfit stuff around the map, trying to outsmart each other or just create a battle elsewhere and open up a new continent is missing.

There was always a zerg and a front line, so far ps2 has provided for that in its droves. It's the microcosm that went on around it, steering it, luring it to new pastures that isn't really being catered for, and is the essence of the beefburger that is missing from the equation.

That lone cloaker ( the real sort , the infiltrator running around an enemy base hacking and being a real pain) isn't catered for yet. Hacking isn't in(yet), and is one of the things that really set the original apart from most other games.

I really like the actual play areas, you can see they've done an incredible amount of work fine-tuning every inch of the map. Every nook and cranny that you think is a safe place to crouch behind has a weak spot from some angle. Each base is varied,which was one of my biggest gripes of the original.

I'm looking forward to Esamir and Amerish, mainly because I feel Indar is a more aircraft friendly environment and appear to roam at will. But thats only a niggle for now and probably as much a result of many trying out new flying mechanics as anything.

Overall I feel they are doing a great job so far. It is still in beta so there may be surprises aplenty to come. It's just missing that element that made the original so compelling and you looking at the clock to realise its 4am and didnt know where the time went.
Old 2012-09-19, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

PS2 = win

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-09-19, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
bodypopper
Corporal

nice shirt you lot gave higby,where can i get one?
Old 2012-09-20, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
codylee
Private

i'm glad to see Yay threads stead of cry threads
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion