Planetside Nostalgia: First Outfits - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Frankly my dear, I don't give a spam.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-03-02, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Re: Planetside Nostalgia: First Outfits

My first outfit: Terran Republican Guard (TRG) - MARKOV
When: Release day, May 2003
Still with? Check my sig

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2012-03-05, 04:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #107
Vash02
Major

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
Pandion Knights on Werner. I think Nexero was in that outift for a while (check the leaderboards). I remember Daredevll really pwned as well.
Great little outfit. Aldor, Alchal, Sultan Of Ping, and the crazy Swede whose name I can't remember but was an ace gunner in a mag.

Talk about nostalgia - I've even resubbed for the last month or so (I guess it will be!) of the old lady. Still some good battles to be had, surprisingly enough!
Hey Mechz, I was in PK for a while, NoobBoy is the scandinavian that comes to mind (Norwegian if memory servers), he was a blast.
Old 2012-03-06, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
Zekeen
Major

Like many others, I was with The Renegades under Fish, and I stuck with them.

I was their psychotic galaxy pilot, guns didn't get the job done sometimes... I'd only do that AFTER the drop though. Doubt anyone remembers me, but back then we galaxy pilots were RARE! And needed too!

It's almost been a whole decade..... gonna be great to serve with you fellow Emerald NC once more. All our hope and none of our expectations.... who'd a thought we'd get the chance to return right?

The Renegades getting another site together for this? I think most of us are still trying to find each other.
Old 2012-03-06, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post

I was their psychotic galaxy pilot, guns didn't get the job done sometimes... I'd only do that AFTER the drop though. Doubt anyone remembers me, but back then we galaxy pilots were RARE! And needed too!

It's almost been a whole decade..... gonna be great to serve with you fellow Emerald NC once more. All our hope and none of our expectations.... who'd a thought we'd get the chance to return right?

The Renegades getting another site together for this? I think most of us are still trying to find each other.
You were the guy that flew gals into shit a lot

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2012-03-06, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Zekeen
Major

Well, after a drop I had to do SOMETHING with that giant chunk of metal.

And for the record, I mostly ran it into PEOPLE, with quite a high success rate - I survived a lot too. I like to think I became quite a highly skilled dropship pilot. I am SO digging the new uses of a dropship in PS2. A galaxy can spawn players midflight, become a ground base AMS, ect. With their reportedly massive skill trees, I don't think The Renegades will think twice about calling me back in.

Can't wait till airships come after my spawning galaxy, just to watch me ram them!
Old 2012-03-06, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Well, after a drop I had to do SOMETHING with that giant chunk of metal.

And for the record, I mostly ran it into PEOPLE, with quite a high success rate - I survived a lot too. I like to think I became quite a highly skilled dropship pilot. I am SO digging the new uses of a dropship in PS2. A galaxy can spawn players midflight, become a ground base AMS, ect. With their reportedly massive skill trees, I don't think The Renegades will think twice about calling me back in.

Can't wait till airships come after my spawning galaxy, just to watch me ram them!
I recall several good killspams involving a certainly busy vterm being hit by a rather large flying object.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2012-03-06, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Fish posted in the early part of this thread. Looks like there is a possibility that this may happen and he has a contact list of a lot of the guys from the outfit too. There isn't a site as far as now right now.
Old 2012-03-07, 02:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #113
Zekeen
Major

Oh, I know there isn't a site, because I do one hell of a lot of research hunting down the members and such to see if it's around again. Planetside with The Renegades was my first true mmo experience, so I'm excited to relive it. I'm just wonder if Fish and the guys are going to start another site soon.... I am actually wanting to find all the guys who remember me and see if they can help me find out what rank I had in the group, I have completely forgotten. I remembered ALL these names up till about a year or two ago. Now I only really remember Fish and some names bring back recalls, and flashbacks, I think I have PTAD - Post Traumatic ADRENAL disorder. I get excited every time I remember a bit more of the old Planetside in the first few days, weeks, months, and years.
Old 2012-03-07, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
Hackx
Contributor
Private

Was watching the PS2 GDC stuff and decided to google "renegades planetside outfit" to see who all is still around. If anyone remebers, I was Hack1690 in PS1. Hoping to play with all the old Renegades people in PS2. I talked to Fish on facebook a few weeks ago and seemed keen on putting the outfit back together.
Old 2012-03-07, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
SurgeonX
Staff Sergeant

My first Outfit was Natural Selection on Werner.
I learnt a lot from the guys in that clan.
Good times!

Want to browse through hundreds of PlanetSide 2 images?
Or just see what Higby eats for lunch?
Then click here
Old 2012-03-07, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #116
xSquirtle
Staff Sergeant

SOOOOOOOOOUL STIIIIIIKE!
fuckin gayest name and group of players I've ever played with.

Originally Posted by UrielVS
Looking from the outside in. The game does not represent Planetside. With original concepts that players across the board accepted with open arms; have been taken out. Developers are creating the next COD on a massive scale. Generic players who never saw or even felt the uniqueness of the game, will only continue to nod their heads with blinding satisfaction, not realizing what basic functionality the game will lose in the process.
Old 2012-03-08, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #117
SgtMookie
Private

My first outfit: Terran Republican Guard (TRG) - MARKOV
When: A few months after release, Aug 2003

By far TRG has been the best outfit I have ever been apart of in any game and we work together to accomplish every task.
Old 2012-03-08, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #118
Symbius
Private

Werner - Etheral Enforcers - TR

Last edited by Symbius; 2012-03-08 at 08:26 AM.
Old 2012-03-08, 08:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #119
Bolbis
Private

My first outfit: Terran Republican Guard (TRG)- Markov
When: I joined in winter of 2003

Planetside was the first online video game I had ever played. Prior to that I was a single player console player, mostly just sports games. My real life friend could not stop talking about how cool Planetside was, so I finally succumbed to the pressure and joined up.

I will never forget sitting at the bar with my friend, Dwizzle, and drinking beer after beer while he was diagramming base layouts on bar napkins for me. I had never seen dedication to a game like that, and after a short time I was hooked.

I played Planetside up until the BFR's came out and ruined the game. I then came back when they upped the BR to 25 as well.
Old 2012-03-08, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #120
GoldDragon
Corporal

So many memories here...

I was all over the place when I started, mainly in some underdog outfits until I got caught up in Army of One. First real outfit I ran with for a decent amount of time. Eventually we uh... parted ways... Since then I've been leading my own crew.

I have to say though, when it comes to PS nostalgia I love thinking back to PlanetSide's glory days and running with a large-ish outfit. One of my favorite memories is fighting on Hossin watching a column of vannies rolling out of the courtyard as some reavers strafed the nearby tower. It will be sad to see the original PS go as I'm sure it will... I hope that on that last day we can all have an epic war over some god-aweful base we've spent years of our life fighting over. When that day comes, I look forward to seeing every one of you on the battlefield.

To my fellow NC, it has been irritating to fight with you sometimes, but an honor all the same. I hope to see you veterans in PS2.

To the enemy, you have all made excellent adversaries. Best of luck to you all. You'll need it in the future.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion