Ideas for Empire Specific AA Vehicles - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hot and steamy _________
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-02, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
BeerJedi
Sergeant

Talking Ideas for Empire Specific AA Vehicles

So I'm sittin' in the Think Tank and instead of pondering over work, I find myself coming up with Planetside Ideas.

In this case, how to create Empire Specific Anti-Aircraft Vehicles. When it hit me (no not my lunch).

They're already out and it wouldn't take much (this coming from someone who's not a game coder) to create I think. First off, there are already great platforms to create empire specific AAV from... the Assault buggies. I'll describe all three.

1. NC AA Enforcer - Replace the Cannon with a tri-tube Pheonix launcher. Two fire modes, default is the same tracking mode the
Pheonix uses now, i.e. the gunner controls the missile. But by being a tri-tube, the gunner can fire off three successive shots before having to reload. This will take down any Reaver and Mosquito while making Galaxy Pilots wet their pants. Secondary mode is a dumbfire mode.

2. TR AA Maurader - Replace the the rear cannon with a 4 prong striker Turret. This allows four missiles to be fired successively and quickly before reload. Again, the ability to shoot down a reaver or a mosquito quite effectively while scaring the Gal pilots. Modes are of corse Lock and Dumb fire. Lock won't be too overpowered as trying to keep LOS with a slow moving turret or while your driver is avoiding inc fire isn't going to be easy.

3. VS AA Thresher (name?) - Dual Lancer Turret with Higher ROF and lasher flak capabilities. Spit out double the pleasure at once with lashing flak. They get double fire as they can't "stear their fire" onto their target but must aim.

My first thought was these vehicles would become grotesquely overpowered ripping through other light armor and MAXs. But then I remembered, these assault buggies are lightly armored. It doesn't take much to blow one up. If the driver is making anymanuevers all three gunners will be hard pressed to keep on target or relocate target (think the phoenix gunner is going to have it easy, trying relocating a moving target when you're suddenly firing from a new location that u have no idea of). Tanks can destroy them quite readily, Reavers don't need but one good volley of rockets to destroy, An AV MAX would eat them for breakfast due to light armor. Even Spitfire turrets do good damage against Assault Buggies. So now, you've got three solid AA empire specific vehicles that could spice up Planetside.

Btw, I'm normally playin' TR.

So, just a thought, any comments?
Old 2003-06-02, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I would like to see a buggy with a MAX slot.

Instead of a turret, a max can stand on a small platform with some extra armor, and the ability to rotate

That way a MAX could link up with a buggy driver. The buggy would be versatile... being AA, AV, or AP... (or for the TR they can take a DC and get all 3) sorry had to get the TR dig in there.

This would also increase the mobility of the MAX, and create a team environ...

Just a thought.

And Beerjedi, if that's your in game name and you play on emerald you have killed me! ALOT...
Old 2003-06-02, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
BeerJedi
Sergeant

yep, that is me. sorry.
Old 2003-06-02, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I think I got you once or twice...

but I may be compensating for the pain!!
Old 2003-06-02, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
BeerJedi
Sergeant

do u go by hunter-r? i'll look for you when i'm on. I was playin' konried last night and an NC by the name of Crax and i were having a blast trying to get at each other.
Old 2003-06-02, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
PR24
Major

It should be common pool. The vehicles can be different but the weapon should be common pool for everyone so we don't hear " TR are better then so and so" or " NC have a huge advantage". To stop that crap they can make the vehicles specific for each empire but the weapon should be common pool.

I would say a 4 barrel flak cannon on the back of a vehicle. For example the Maurader replace the gun in the back with the cannons and the like for each empire specific vehicle.
Old 2003-06-02, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
BeerJedi
Sergeant

i thought about that, but there will be the liberator too. but you do bring up a very valid point. But the idea for empire specific was to create a difference.

I'm also in favor of empire specific aircraft. I'd love to see different planes to shoot down with my AV.
Old 2003-06-02, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

On emerald I go by the name Pilgrim

I'll send you a tell if I ever smoke you... or vice-versa.

They don't allow the - so no Hunter-R
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion