Gameplay: Body Dragging - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The legal LSD
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 4.57 average. Display Modes
Old 2011-08-07, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Body Dragging

I'd like to see this implemented without any restrictions, asshattery be damned. And I mean *no* restrictions. If your empire mates can drag you back to the medics to make sure you get rezzed, then why shouldn't your opponents be able to chuck your corpse over a railing to make sure you don't? You're already dead, the worst they can really do is force you to respawn.

In general, I think it would encourage teamplay and make for nice war stories, and thus probably be worth the dev time.

Also, I would like to hear somebody come up with a few examples of how you could grief people with this. I'm not really seeing much, what am I missing?
Old 2011-08-07, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
CutterJohn
Colonel

It takes 10 seconds to rez someone in PS. Ever try to lift somebody up? Going to take about the same amount of time.

I'd just prefer an instant rez. Accomplishes the same thing. Keep the med juice cost, of course, and a 10 second timer between uses. To keep the recently rezzed person from popping up shooting, have a few seconds of a dazed condition where they can't use their guns.
Old 2011-08-07, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Doesn't really do away with the whole "standing in the middle of an open door with no stamina or armor" bit though.
Also, it seems unlikely that someone under fire is going to spend ten seconds making sure that they lift with their legs when they can just grab the arms and walk backward.
Old 2011-08-08, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
CutterJohn
Colonel

I'd recommend not continuing to stand in the doorway then. Any way you look at it, it will be a couple of seconds of standing there for the medic to grab the dude and start pulling. Can he survive the doorway of a gen hold as well?

I concede a max would have an easier time of it.

Still, in terms of ease of implementation, instant rez wins hands down.
Old 2011-08-08, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Can he survive the doorway of a gen hold as well?
He can certainly survive it better than the guy who can't run and has no armor.
Old 2011-08-08, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Great idea. Would like it to be a short bit of picking up the ally then be able to run without shooting.
Old 2011-08-08, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
He can certainly survive it better than the guy who can't run and has no armor.
Seems fairly even to me. And the medic can always stand in front of the guy he's rezzing. Or a max. It takes little time to move from a doorway. Certainly no more than the medic hauling him off, and probably less.

Plus we have absolutely no indication that you will walk without stamina, or that there will be armor hitpoints that must be repaired like PS has.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2011-08-08 at 12:55 AM.
Old 2011-08-08, 02:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

I think you're imagining the time involved in this as being much longer than I am. Plus, I'm not thinking we should limit the ability to medics. A medic can revive a person. Anyone can grab an arm and pull them out of a line of fire.

It's true that we're all guessing, though. I think it could be an interesting addition, but we'll see how it all shakes out in time.
Old 2011-08-08, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
Plus, I'm not thinking we should limit the ability to medics. A medic can revive a person. Anyone can grab an arm and pull them out of a line of fire.
A fair point.

My chief worry is just to avoid the ten second scroll bar for revives.
Old 2011-08-08, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Huma
Sergeant

Personally I like the 10 second scrollbar for revives. Mainly because i can see instant rezes making base fights incredibly long. Simply being able to drag a buddy back behind cover eliminates the need for any instant rezes.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-08-08, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

This is only even remotely useful if Res's take more than 1-2 seconds to perform. In the context of PS1, yeah I can see it being a useful feature. In the context of the faster-paced Battlefield games its rather useless since you could have someone res'd in the time it would take to move them to be res'd.

Since the pacing is moving faster and Battlefield is one of their primary influences I don't see this feature as being particularly useful. However, if they keep a slow res then it might be worth the development cost. If its a fast res then there's many things I'd rather see them putting development resources into than this.
Old 2011-08-08, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Gods I hope they don't just copy the battlefield system. Fucking whack-a-medic. -_-
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-08-08, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

There's lots of ways to change that mechanic while preserving the good parts. Just add a cooldown on the shock paddles. You know, cuz they need to build up a charge again or something. Poor implementation doesn't make for a bad idea. If there's lame behavior I have no doubt that this community will rise up and complain about it.
Old 2011-08-09, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
CutterJohn
Colonel

Yep. A 10s recharge timer would go a long way towards making battlefield medics less annoying. Being able to deny the medic the ability to rez you would be another good change. Sometimes I don't want to rez.
Old 2011-08-16, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Brusi
Contributor
Major

I dunno...

Battlefield rez paddles seem pretty goofy. I like that rezzing something in PS1 is risky and for the most part requires clearing the area first. Dragging somewhere safe to rez fits in quite well with this.

Perhaps an insta rez with a cool-down timer would eliminate the tedious job of the medic, but keeping 5 or 10 seconds of "coming to" time for the revived soldier could make it balanced still.

No point rezzing people untill the situation is kind of under control as otherwise all the rezzed soldiers will simply be killed while they are still "waking up".

Shocking people back to life in the middle of a fire fight, instead of a treating the wounded after a gunfight just seems too playdough for me.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault