Could BFRs work better with the new resource system? - Page 20 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: badges, we dont need no stinkin badges
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-19, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #286
PrISM
Staff Sergeant

Re: Could BFRs work better with the new resource system?

Why do you people NEED to have BFRs or mechs in this game? Are there not enough vehicles for you as it is? Other than for the "coolness factor" which is sketchy at best, there IS NO REASON FOR THEM. NONE.

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
This is how many PS players feel. The mech BS keeps prepetuating because we have a handful of vocal idiots who are hell bent on getting mechs of some form into the game with no concern whatsoever to the vehicle balance, the role they play, or the impact on the overall game.
These are the same morons that sit inside their BFRs in the courtyard while the fight is inside the base. Just OS bait really.
Old 2012-03-19, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #287
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by PrISM View Post
Why do you people NEED to have BFRs or mechs in this game? Are there not enough vehicles for you as it is? Other than for the "coolness factor" which is sketchy at best, there IS NO REASON FOR THEM. NONE.
Woah woah woah, who mentioned need? Did someone say need? Quote me the person who said they need BFRs and I'll get 'em.

I don't need BFRs. I don't need ATVs, or lightnings, or MBTs, or Sunderers, or Aircav, or Libs, or Galaxies, or 5 of the 6 classes, or leadership skills, or missions, or lots of things.

Last edited by Vancha; 2012-03-19 at 04:19 PM.
Old 2012-03-19, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #288
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

My only hope is that whoever is developing Mechwarrior Online will license the Forgelight engine from SOE and create a game that can have 666vs666vs666 Mech battles. Maybe then there will not be so many people trying to stuff robots into planetside.

BTW, I would play MWO too. I like mechs.

Last edited by Eyeklops; 2012-03-19 at 04:28 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-19, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #289
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Woah woah woah, who mentioned need? Did someone say need? Quote me the person who said they need BFRs and I'll get 'em.

I don't need BFRs. I don't need ATVs, or lightnings, or MBTs, or Sunderers, or Aircav, or Libs, or Galaxies, or 5 of the 6 classes, or leadership skills, or missions, or lots of things.
And this is why such discussions are always unproductive. People ask "why" and the mech/bfr proponents just deflect the question by nitpicking some insignificant detail and then posting some exaggerated meaningless drivel.
Old 2012-03-19, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #290
Retaliation
Private

Originally Posted by PrISM View Post
If mechs acted like tall tracked/wheeled vehicles then yes there would be no reason for them. That's a shallow view of the possibilities that could be implemented though.

As an example making mechs lightly armored, long distance attackers with respectable damage, and high speed is a role that any vehicle could take, but if you give it unique control elements like sideways movement it would be worth considering. Add in other balancing factors like poor on the move accuracy and vulnerability to AI and you've got a vehicle with plenty of nuances and playstyle opportunities.
Old 2012-03-19, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #291
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
No.

If a mech costs the same as 20 tanks and the mech is not as useful as 20 tanks it's wasteful, if it is as useful or more than 20 tanks it's over powered.

There simply can not be any balance to it.

Edit: POTD before my post http://www.planetside-universe.com/p...td.php?id=1330
If a mech is good as a tank and cost as a tank but have different options and way to moove and equipement it can be a really nice ad on if a mech have weak spot like tank must have as well i dont see any problem ..

it look cool its fun to play and it make the game more enjoyable there is plently of way to not make it useless or overpower ...
Old 2012-03-19, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #292
Fortress
Sergeant

How about you idiots take your mech nonsense to the suggestions subforum where your half-baked ideas can be properly ignored.

Last edited by Fortress; 2012-03-19 at 05:13 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-19, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #293
BREWKO
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by HitbackTR View Post
You, i.e., the pro-BFR clowns,are fucking retarded if you want BFR's back in PS2, especially if you played PS1.

To the people who never played PS1 who 'want' BFR's in PS2, you are doubly fucking retarded because you have no idea what the fuck you are advocating.

I swear to god, the majority of the people on this forum are well, fucking retarded.

/looks back over some of thread...yup pretty much.
Tell us how you really feel...
Old 2012-03-19, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #294
Atheosim
Captain

I want to hear what higgles things about all this.
Old 2012-03-19, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #295
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

This discussion gets boring and I thought a little twist to it might spice it back up.

What about a "tower on wheels" concept for PS2 ? It would be uber slow, undestructible and it's firepower would be proportional to the amount of players inside it !

We could even add 2 extra turrets on each corner of the last floor or some airpads if we cert them. It would be MENTAL !

Epic fights too when you reach the enemy base walls as your mateys board and assault the objective !!!
Old 2012-03-19, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #296
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
You. Said. Nothing.
Old 2012-03-19, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #297
texico
Master Sergeant

There's too much stigma attached to Mechs in PlanetSide for it to be successful in PS2. Don't people understand? BFR's are one of the fundamental reasons why PS1 went on a downward spiral it never recovered from. So many people left with that stupid update.

But that aside, adding BFR's to this game is absolutely ridiculous if far more popular and important vehicles like AMS are being scrapped, and other really enjoyable vehicles such as Buggies, Deliverer-variants, the Phantasm and Lodestars can't make the launch.

I'm not nearly as against them personally as some other people, but there's a whole list of vehicles I'd rather see added long before the BFR's. If the devs are contemplating it, why don't you turn your attention to AMSSSSSSSsSSss. Easily one of PS1's best and most unique vehicles and it's not even in!
Old 2012-03-19, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #298
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by texico View Post
There's too much stigma attached to Mechs in PlanetSide for it to be successful in PS2. Don't people understand? BFR's are one of the fundamental reasons why PS1 went on a downward spiral it never recovered from. So many people left with that stupid update.

But that aside, adding BFR's to this game is absolutely ridiculous if far more popular and important vehicles like AMS are being scrapped, and other really enjoyable vehicles such as Buggies, Deliverer-variants, the Phantasm and Lodestars can't make the launch.

I'm not nearly as against them personally as some other people, but there's a whole list of vehicles I'd rather see added long before the BFR's. If the devs are contemplating it, why don't you turn your attention to AMSSSSSSSsSSss. Easily one of PS1's best and most unique vehicles and it's not even in!
Completely agreed. I think there's a long list of vehicles that deserve implementation before Mechs do, but I definitely think that once the game has been running for some time, there can be found a niche for a Mech unit.

And if some PS1 vets can forget about their 8 year old boo-boos, maybe we can actually have a fun, balanced implementation of a Mech unit without an unending deluge of cursing and hullabaloo.
Old 2012-03-19, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #299
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Atheosim View Post
You. Said. Nothing.
I actually said way too much over too many threads. Eventually, we'll all run out of things to say about the association of BFRs and Planetside.

I even linked to the older BFR thread on post 11 where I plugged our previous discussions about mechs and how mechs were defined, etc...

You did not like the tower idea ?
*sadface*

As an amusingly grotesque feature, it has its appeal. Much more so than BFRs for PS2 !
Old 2012-03-19, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #300
Ragnafrak
Corporal

No mechs, please.

Mechwarrior Online's got that one covered.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion