Whats the Worst looking Empire so far?SOE is handicapping TR IMO - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It BURNS!! AH!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: What's the worst looking Empire so far?
Terran Republic 28 13.93%
New Conglomerate 38 18.91%
Vanu Sovereignty 21 10.45%
All of them look bad 4 1.99%
All of them look good 110 54.73%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-30, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
ThirdCross
Contributor
Corporal

Re: Whats the Worst looking Empire so far?SOE is handicapping TR IMO

None look worse, they just look different. It's all subjective not objective.

Yes I like the TR style better but I'm sure someone who likes the hobo guerrilla rebel look better would pick the NC and those who like the transgender faerie wet dream look will pick the VS.
Old 2012-03-30, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
Maybe I could've taken the option of they all look good......
If you would have done that I would have voted VS or NC. TR look just slightly better than NC and the VS is amazing except for the artist's poor choice of vehicle designs.
Old 2012-03-30, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Kilmoran
Staff Sergeant

Tie between TR and NC. TR because of the goggles... that's about it. NC because they are suppossed to look slapped together. Because that is on purpose, they get a boost. VS look... like VS. I don't really count their aesthetic because it is... what it is. Voted for TR as i actually have an issue with them.
Old 2012-03-30, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Kilmoran View Post
VS look... like VS. I don't really count their aesthetic because it is... what it is.
You mean... Odd ?
Old 2012-03-30, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

NC has as many votes as TR and VS together. I hope they will recieve some much needed love soon!
Old 2012-03-30, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-30, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

I have to ask what would everyone improve to make them seem more attractive? Everyone's opinions differ obviously but is there a belief this will truly affect overall balance?
Old 2012-03-30, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I have to ask what would everyone improve to make them seem more attractive? Everyone's opinions differ obviously but is there a belief this will truly affect overall balance?
Don't you see the Terran Republic KILLS for goggles !!?! Our lasers can't stop them !!!!!
/panic-mode

Edit: more on topic, it should all balance out in the end. Different empires, different themes, different designs, different philosophies, different background stories >> different appeals.

The interesting result from this poll is that only a minority hate all the empires. So in the end, everyone should be able to find a spot in the game. If a player does not like a particular style, there is still plenty of choice left.

Last edited by sylphaen; 2012-03-30 at 06:31 PM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-30, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Its far from a statistically significant poll. Hard to say whether it would impact balance unless it was a much larger sampling. We also need to see all of the models and the vehicles too.

I know on the TR side people have commented that the masks on the TR Engineer & Medic show skin at the seams of the mask. Fully covering the face with the mask would be an improvement on the TR side IMO, but it's very minor.

Also showing images with more deep empire colors would be another improvement. The TR look all grey and have very little black and red in them. The more recent picture of the engineer looks better, but still leaves more to be desired.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-03-30 at 06:26 PM.
Old 2012-03-30, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Remove TR and NC from the game, let VS be superior rulers of Auraxis. I mean, it will happen anyway, but you could save us a few weeks of war. Yes, weeks, our technology wont need any longer to take you guys out.

Seriously: TR are fine, just as NC and VS. Thats for the Meshes at least. The whole coloring stuff is a different topic. Some prefer all red, some prefer all black. Same goes for the NC (some go for the yellow + Blue, some for the grey+wutever) and the VS.

As long as you get us enough options, everything should be fine.
Old 2012-03-30, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Also showing images with more deep empire colors would be another improvement. The TR look all grey and have very little black and red in them. The more recent picture of the engineer looks better.
I feel like the VS are the only ones who have their colors down. The NC Engineer is the first class that showed a decent amount of faction color to them. TR and NC could both use a little more IMO

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-03-30, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

You mean the current poll leader or TR?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-03-30, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Dreamcast
Major

Well can you guys please make TR more black and red?...or at least show us higher lvls TR that are black n Red in case is already in the game at higher lvls.

Also I don't like the mosquito goggles, I like goggles but not those.

Well I thought TR looked bad but everybody disagrees...but I honestly think in the beginning of Planetside 2, specially since is free....People are gonna pick the best looking empire and that can cause an unbalance...Im sure it will balance it self out later tho.

You guys should get focus groups or something to see if their is a bias.
Old 2012-03-30, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Khellendros
Staff Sergeant

Actually, I would love to see a comparison shot for each empire of the armor appearance progression. Maybe not all of them, but a representative sample would be nice. I do hope that the higher levels have much more color.
Old 2012-03-30, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Atheosim
Captain

Definitely make sure the face masks cover up all the skin, also, and imo this is important, make sure the TR MAX has a helmet or some sort of armor for his head. The concept art is hilariously contradictory. It's like putting a massive hole in the tank leading directly to the ammo cache.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion