So is the Prowler going to suck like it did in PS1? - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: i seem to have misplaced my limbs...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-16, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: So is the Prowler going to suck like it did in PS1?

Getting sensitive aren't we?

The videos illustrated how AV weaponry on infantry could shred tanks. This seems to be understood for PS2, which is why efficient AV does not appear to be widely available on all classes (namely Heavy Assault and MAX have it from what we've seen).

But that was back in the day when people actually played planetside before the BFRs and the large cert pools, etc. It was also before the prowler received buffs (too little, too late).

2-man prowler + 1 AV infantry > 3-man prowler.

The third gunner was meaningless.
Old 2012-03-16, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Wait, did he just prove our point that one reason TR footzerged was the Striker?
Was done with the phoenix as well.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Aurmanite
Captain

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Getting sensitive aren't we?

The videos illustrated how AV weaponry on infantry could shred tanks. This seems to be understood for PS2, which is why efficient AV does not appear to be widely available on all classes (namely Heavy Assault and MAX have it from what we've seen).

But that was back in the day when people actually played planetside before the BFRs and the large cert pools, etc. It was also before the prowler received buffs (too little, too late).

2-man prowler + 1 AV infantry > 3-man prowler.

The third gunner was meaningless.
What buffs did the Prowler receive exactly?
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-16, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Wait, did he just prove our point that one reason TR footzerged was the Striker?
No he proved that critical mass with any weapon annhilates tanks, demonstrating it both with the phoenix and the striker, meaning any large infantry group can take tanks out of the equation. I believe this is also why tanks in PS2 have Anti-Infantry configuration options to help counter precisely that situation.

The reason TR footzerged was because their tank was a steaming pile of shit and wasn't competitive to the other two tanks. That takes us back to the topic of the thread.

So is the Prowler going to suck like it did in PS1 and relegate TR into a footzerg?
Old 2012-03-16, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
What buffs did the Prowler receive exactly?
For somebody in an outfit that apparently formed on day one I am surprised you don't know this! Perhaps your knowledge on the Prowler and it's fictitious superiority isn't as well versed as previously thought?
Old 2012-03-16, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

It would be fantastic if you guys could stay on topic rather than calling me out. Are you 12?

That last TR video cut off just as you all got bombed off the hill. The video showed an entire group of you sitting on a hill killing maybe 3 vehicles. Blown away.
You know, I'm going to out myself and say that I've never been a big fan of Buzzcut or his outfit (not trying to start a flamewar here, either) and generally I laugh at any outfit that says it pioneered such-and-such tactic. I seem to recall having gone head-to-head with Buzz a number of times in the past over some point or other. But seriously, you pretty much nullify your entire argument whether it had any relevancy at all by saying they have absolutely no achievements. Are you completely ignorant, or just being a troll?

I've never heard of you or your outfit, sorry. Dick-waving isn't something I really get into very often because egos are meant to be deflated. But if I did, it sure as fuck wouldn't be for/against The Enclave - because pretending you've never heard of them makes you the biggest idiot on the planet. And if you've never actually heard of them, then it's painfully obvious that you never played the game until after what, 2007? It's like saying you played EVE and don't know who Goon Squad or Band of Brothers is.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
No he proved that critical mass with any weapon annhilates tanks, demonstrating it both with the phoenix and the striker, meaning any large infantry group can take tanks out of the equation. I believe this is also why tanks in PS2 have Anti-Infantry configuration options to help counter precisely that situation.

The reason TR footzerged was because their tank was a steaming pile of shit and wasn't competitive to the other two tanks. That takes us back to the topic of the thread.

So is the Prowler going to suck like it did in PS1 and relegate TR into a footzerg?
You forget something. Phoenix users do not advance but sit tight. Striker users use them on the move.

Prowlers did not suck. Whatsoever.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Yes they did. Totally.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

You forget something. Phoenix users do not advance but sit tight. Striker users use them on the move.

Uhh... they advance after they've made the entire AO unsafe for enemy vehicles to operate in.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
ArcIyte
Sergeant

I don't recall ever seeing VS or NC rolling Prowlers during the numerous Tech events the game had

WWW.ENCLAVEOILRIG.COM
Old 2012-03-16, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Aurmanite
Captain

So we have numbers in this thread that prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the Prowler did not suck. Are you really so stubborn that you can't stop clinging to a point of view that has been proven wrong? Or is it all about gratifying yourself by 'being right at any cost?

All the tryhard 1337 posts aside, you haven't been able to muster one single argument, based on anything other than your opinion, about why the Prowler 'sucks'. All of the posts made by the reasonable people here agree that if you had to rank the tanks it would probably come in last place, but it wasn't a blowout.

Players on the TR whined and bitched about the Prowler for ages. I just wrote it off as whiny bitching because everyone I played with agreed, they were just whiny bitches.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-16, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by ArcIyte View Post
I don't recall ever seeing VS or NC rolling Prowlers during the numerous Tech events the game had
They did, but it was uncommon and for the novelty/comedy factor. Sort of like killing someone with a beamer.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ArcIyte View Post
TR won too many?
Old 2012-03-16, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

The Magrider was king due to it's speed, maneuverability and accuracy at range. Saying the Prowler sucks is utterly laughable.

What I really don't get is why all the pre-whining? Balance will be addressed in Beta.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-03-16, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

So we have numbers in this thread that prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the Prowler did not suck. Are you really so stubborn that you can't stop clinging to a point of view that has been proven wrong? Or is it all about gratifying yourself by 'being right at any cost?

All the tryhard 1337 posts aside, you haven't been able to muster one single argument, based on anything other than your opinion, about why the Prowler 'sucks'. All of the posts made by the reasonable people here agree that if you had to rank the tanks it would probably come in last place, but it wasn't a blowout.

Players on the TR whined and bitched about the Prowler for ages. I just wrote it off as whiny bitching because everyone I played with agreed, they were just whiny bitches.
Biggest Target
Sharpest Arc
Worst Speed
Worst Maneuverability
Etc...

This has already been brought up in this thread yet you just choose to ignore why it was terrible. You've gone from trying to make a point to just trolling at this point, well done.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion