Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2003-06-06, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
stupie
Private

"offlinetraining.pak" help plz

Hi,

Been having great issues trying to get Planetside running, was hoping someone might have some idea or suggestion on the issue.

I loaded all the discs no problem, them when i run it, it will do its full scan, again no problems. Then it wants to download updates/patches etc. It starts to download "offlinetraining.pak" and says it will take about 6 hours, I have dialup.... It seems to get to the point where i can go "play", or "training", i hit traing and get an error message. I didn't write it down sorry.
I then have to start the game again and i go through the same thing again, full scan, and another 6 hour download of "offlinetraining.pak", hit "train" and another error.
I have done this twice now, been downloading for 12 hours, I plan to just hit "play" next time and hopefully get in, but i still would have liked to have done the training, but i dont want to sit through more hours of downloading, any suggestions?

win XP pro ver 2002
amd duron 1.3
768 mhz ram
raedon 9000 128 mb
80gig seagate HD
creative SB live
56k modem, internal
Old 2003-06-07, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
powdahound
Contributor
PSU Staff
Code Hound

If you can get the error messages that would help a lot. Otherwise just try going to "Play" and see if it'll stop downloading it each time.
Old 2003-06-07, 12:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
stupie
Private

I just tried to go to "training" through start-> programs-> planetside, and got the same error as when i'm on the patcher screen. Error is..

Fatal Application Error
FATAL ERROR: Compressed pack file new_training.ini failed file read.
FILE: C\builds\05-25-03\source\lib\utils\dbase.cpp line 1222

not sure if that helps any, I can't seem to get past the, "The station launchPad is unable to connect to the network at this time. Please try again in a few minutes", Message for the last few hours, and the similar message with EQ. Might try an uninstall and reinstall, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciatted.
Old 2003-06-07, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ForestRanger
Private

Stupie, I am having the exact same problem as you. I too am on my second time trying to download the six-hour update "map_resources.pak" and "offlinetraining.pak" etc. The exact same thing is happening to me. If you find an answer or way to fix this, please tell me. I'll do the same for you.
Old 2003-06-09, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
stupie
Private

Yep, finally got it fixed, searched some other boards for the answer, the 2 big files you need are 33mb(mapresource.pak?) and 50 mb(offlinetraining.pak) each.
Neither file is resumable, so you have to download each file in one go, can't resume if your connection drops, yes, that sux!
I got the url to download the file from another board, again not resumable, but seems to download a lot quicker, enough so i could get each file before my connection timed out.
Once you get the files, your golden, i have yet to hit training since, but i can play now and having a ton of fun.
hope this helps some...
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum