your views on the 3 empires - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: plzkthxbai.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Which empire is underpowered?
Vanu 14 22.58%
Terrans 39 62.90%
Conglomerate 9 14.52%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-01-06, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Nosvartui
Private

i agree with JuSCHiLLiN Mag is easily the best tank i have seen so many times wen im defending a base 2 or 3 mags go flying out of the base every1 shooting at them hardly any hits coz of these speed and they either run ppl over or shoot them and nearlly always they all come bak heal and go do it again if the Van or Prowl try this most always get blow up...slowness
Old 2004-01-06, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

from what I hear, it seems there are 3 reasons ppl are leaving TR
1)weapons aren't much fun
2)most CR5's are somewhere between sucky and azzholes
3)ppl are opening these threads and leaving TR

werner TR is alive and kicking, that means something don't you think? probablly has to do with the fact they don't have the 2nd reason.

I've noticed many people (including me) cert the phoenix despite it's ineffectiveness. indoor max killing is the deci's job and no AV weapon here actually hurts veichles. it's just cause it's fun, and many people wouldn't give it up for the world. TR don't have such a thing.
Old 2004-01-06, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by DeadTeddy
I've noticed many people (including me) cert the phoenix despite it's ineffectiveness. indoor max killing is the deci's job and no AV weapon here actually hurts veichles. it's just cause it's fun, and many people wouldn't give it up for the world. TR don't have such a thing.
I agree with that (although they are effective at MAX killing). I certed a n00b NC and had an absolute blast with the Phoenix just because it's so different from anything else you do in Planetside. That and it never gets old hearing the screaming remotely when you hit somebody with the killing shot...
Old 2004-01-06, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Caudill
Private

I have only a few comments about TR being slightly weaker (and we are). I have a lot of experience with the MCG and frequently have run-ins with SGswift and that gang, as well as some other highly skilled NC players. I don't have a big problem with the jackhammer being stronger in the MCG match-up, which it is and that is by design. My problem is the relative ease with which an NC player can win the battle. I'm a little scared by all jackhammers because I know if they get that 3-shot on you, you're toast. It's best to keep a little distance on them if you can, but sometimes that's just impossible. Nearly all of the real fighting goes on inside. Defend the generator! Defend our spawn room! Hack their control console! Sound familiar? The jackhammer is the bees knees in this situation. Sorry if this is all a repeat. I'm not very active on the boards. But I think the JH needs just a tiny nerf. Maybe increasing the time to switch modes would even be enough. Games are tough to balance and I'd say that this is the best state the game has been in. It always is a challenge to play TR on Emerald, but that's part of the attraction for me. I'd rather be gimped than uber, because your trash talk carries more weight!

Caudill - TR Emerald
Muerte Rojo
Old 2004-01-06, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
apachepilotpat

striker under powerd? along with every single other av weapon that bites ass. all av weapons need a buff

Old 2004-01-06, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Caudill
Private

I bet if you got just 2 friends to join you with strikers, you guys could get a lot more kills than alone. I agree on the earlier comment that it's a team weapon. I thought sniping was terrible in this game until I realized it's a support position, like it is in real combat. Most snipers are not assassins. Try pairing up with a buddy for best results.
Old 2004-01-06, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Magrider has 2 guns
Vanguard has 2 guns
Prowler has 4 guns

Mag and Prowler can fire their guns at the same time, Van has to switch.

Magrider is best suited for AA and range, but that doesn't mean it's best at range. The Vanguard takes that award, with it's damaging 150mm cannon, every shot hurts. The Mag's railgun is a joke, 3 shots to kill infantry? and thats when they get a direct hit. The drivers' gun is rather damaging towards the Prowler, due to it's high frame.

But, in the end, it still comes down to who has the better gunner and driver.
Old 2004-01-06, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
shadow58
Private

The Mags main cannon seems to kill your standard trooper as quick as a max, about 3 direct hits, which is a little odd.

But then this is one of the mags weaknesses (and partly why we mow a lot in it ) , all the tanks have their weaknesses, the vanguards cover against aircraft is not as good as prowler or mags, and the prowler has the largest profile and slow speed making it the easiest to hit.

So I'd say the tanks are fairly balanced, its just a case of acknowledging their strengths and weaknesses and using them in the right way, fleeing from bad situations and taking on more suitable tasks.

Thats my views on the tanks (being a bit of a tankaholic myself)

ShadoW58 BR23 CR5 Assassins | Rambo58 BR20 CR1 INI Elite | 2003-2005, Werner
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion