[Merged] Shadows of Auraxis - Episode1: Before the Shadow - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do you see this?.....Good
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-17, 06:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Miir
Malvision

Shadows of Auraxis - Episode1: Before the Shadow

Video is up (finally)

Download from:
www.malvision.com
Old 2003-12-17, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Cider_Ownz
Corporal

Am downloading now....... CAN'T WAIT!
Old 2003-12-17, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Very nicely done. I enjoyed it! Kudos to the crew and to Miir!

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2003-12-17, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

[NEW MOVIE]Shadows of Auraxis: Episode One

http://www.planetside-universe.com/index.php?newsid=714

It is an excellent movie! Absolutely superb!

Last edited by Strygun; 2003-12-17 at 07:58 AM.
Old 2003-12-17, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Damn .zip conpressed folder crap. School suxx0rs and I can't open it. What kind of file type is the movie in?

Old 2003-12-17, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Strak
Corporal

The movie is a .wmv file

Well I am sure I am "signing my own death warrant", but what the hell.

Technically the movie is well done. The music and voices are decent enough.

The action, it's alright.

I'm 99% sure I do not like the way we VS have been portrayed so far.

Downside #2 it's going to take ALONG time to develop the plot to a point I give a rats ass about the characters or whats going on. It's currently December 16th, so that puts it behind schedule by about a month I believe.

In short it is an ambitious project and I suspect it will only get better, but the trailer was way cooler.

Strak
Old 2003-12-17, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
InfiniteStorm
Corporal

Actually, as far as story goes, I kinda like where the Vanu are headed. They are being treated as if controlled by an ancient force with a higher purpose. It doesn't fit the story line of the official game exactly, but as far as intrigue, it is good. It seems as if the Vanu are gonna be protrayed as a mysterious element in this series rather than another battling faction. Something tells me all VS troops will either be in MAX suits or in Rexo so you won't be able to tell if they are actually human in this series (eventhough we know they are). I liked it overall, just wish it was a bit longer cause it is good and fun to watch.
Old 2003-12-17, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
DoomWarrior
First Sergeant

little dissapointing on its length by how long it took to make it, but it was good, and wat was the first song that played called, i liked that
In times of life, death will come

Those who face their fate will know of its return,
those who face it's destiny are for the evil to turn.

Old 2003-12-17, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

phear my tr cr 5
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2003-12-17, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
xMrGanjax
Private

OMG Finaly! It looks awesome w00t!
Old 2003-12-17, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
SkunkPunk
Major

woot, as soon as i get home im dling it

Master Of The Shunk //LOL! // [LD.] // Email // {Coming to Planetside Soon, Beware}
Old 2003-12-17, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Pytagoras
Private

Yeah.. this is on the path to becoming something great!

However, I got some minor issues that I would like to point out.

The Intro

First of all, I find the blue text during the intro annoying. It takes up almost the entire screen and blocks the view for the beautiful enviroment you'll find on Auraxis.

The music played during the intro is great, except the drum that starts 50 seconds into the episode. It's inconsistent and creates a cut/stutter in the great flow of the music.

The pause between the intro ending and the first frame overviewing the Diyala Pass is too long.

The Episode

The NC Squad Leader are mumbling a bit. I have to really concentrate on what he is saying.

When you are driving by the convoy (from back to front) the camera is turned towards the vehicle in front (Harasser). I would prefered the camera had just continued or ended when it passed the Harasser.

When the camera paned across the pass just before the attack started I noticed some stuttering in the image, but that's mainly because of some limitations in Planetside. Maybe turn the mouse sensitivity way down and drag the mouse across your computerdesk to get a smoother turn/pan.
The same image would in my view be a lot more intrigueing if the camera had paned across the pass and stopped with the NC Squad Leader and another NC soldier on top of the hill, hiding, in the middle of the frame without the convoy in it. Then followed by a short pause and then both of them firing at the same time in secondary mode. (Missiles goes straight towards their targets).

Why does the TR Soldier on the Maurader disembark when he has a superior weapon and protection on the Marauder?

During the battle, you can see three backpacks around the ANT. I would prefer bodies.

After the battle you see a Deliverer come over the hill and parks. 6 soldiers then proceeds to run towards it. Even though I didn't count them first time I saw the movie, I knew they where too many to fit in it. The next scene gives the impression that all of the soldiers are inside the Deliverer in addition to the driver. Just picking on the details here, but as a experienced Planetside-player I just couldn't avoid noticing it.

Allright.. Now I've been writing alot of bad stuff about the movie, but it is still pretty good in my point of view. I can't wait for the next episode.
Old 2003-12-17, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Indecisive
Major General

yeah...we had some problems. lol.

And its only episode one. You shall get more.

/edit/ we are making a story of planetside...we are not completly following "the" storyline....

You have to forget all this weapon supperiority shit, and just watch the movie.
Old 2003-12-17, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Indecisive
Major General

Did the site crash or am i smoking something?

/edit/

ruh-roh.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/malvisio/public_html/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 67

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/malvisio/public_html/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 70
ERROR: Cannot find database malvisio_mvdb
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/malvisio/public_html/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 103

There appears to be an error with the MALVISION FORUMS database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here, if this does not fix the error, you can contact the board administrator by clicking here

Error Returned

mySQL query error: SELECT moderator.mid as is_mod, moderator.allow_warn, m.id, m.name, m.mgroup, m.password, m.email, m.restrict_post, m.view_sigs, m.view_avs, m.view_pop, m.view_img, m.auto_track,
m.mod_posts, m.language, m.skin, m.new_msg, m.show_popup, m.msg_total, m.time_offset, m.posts, m.joined, m.last_post,
m.last_visit, m.last_activity, m.dst_in_use, m.view_prefs, m.org_perm_id, m.temp_ban, m.sub_end, g.*
FROM mal_members m
LEFT JOIN mal_groups g ON (g.g_id=m.mgroup)
LEFT JOIN mal_moderators moderator ON (moderator.member_id=m.id OR moderator.group_id=m.mgroup )
WHERE m.id=23

mySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)
mySQL error code:
Date: Wednesday 17th of December 2003 08:32:36 AM

We apologise for any inconvenience

/edit2/

its fine now, nm, guess buckel, the codemonkey was doing something.
Old 2003-12-17, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Ill download it when i have a chance
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion