[Merged] Shadows of Auraxis - Episode1: Before the Shadow - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When "ownage" is the opposite of slavery
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-17, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Spee
Colonel

Tera, it's more like saying "Your story was fine fo a game, but not a movie. We're making tweaks so it adds a more cinematic aspect to it."

That said, I simply have a beef with the female narrators voice. Its somewhat nasal. Other than that, GJ
Old 2003-12-17, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Marsman
Major

Well I thought it was great as usualy for miir - keep up the great work - looking forward to the next one!
Old 2003-12-17, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
TeraHertz
Major

The woman at least speaks clearly for the most part, unlike the NC commander. Though the woman is so obviously reading a script....
Old 2003-12-17, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Man you critics i thought it was very well made, and i can't wait for the next episode. the new vanu story is better than the one that PS has put together, the only thing i would do is add more NC thatshing TR carnage!

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-12-17, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Indecisive
Major General

Originally Posted by Lonehunter187
I hate to say this but, I am VERY disappointed. The first thing, was that the Trailer was made before they even started filming the movie (correct me if I'm wrong), secondly it was delayed, third, the decided to make it episodes (that really got me going), fourth it's just an ANT jacking, fifth they got the Story line wrong. By what SOA said, the NC and VS formed after the Achient Tech weapons and caverns were discovered. I hope you guys didn't spend that month making that one episode. Man I REALLY thought you guys could've pulled this one off but I think not. Once again I really hate to say this but, damn. I Absolutely KNOW I will be "flamed" for this. But on a positive note, the cordination was excellent, the voice acting was superb, aand those extra animation were fantastic. Also, Mir, how come you guys have to get rid of all your old movies again?

Again, I'm sorry I came off like a "hater" but that's just my opinion, like it or not, sorry.

Edit:

How is that realisitc, a vehicle made for battle being dissabled by a Pheonix?

That's asking a hell-of-a-lot from the viewers.

And yes I know, EVERYBODY IS A CRITIC. Sorry about that.

Shut the fuck up.

We all have real lives in the actors guild, yes, even miir. He gets zero money for this. whatsoever. We have had numerous interuptions that shall not be mentioned.....

and.

THE MOVIE DOES NOT FOLLOW YOUR OPINON OF PLANETSIDE! HOW LARGE OF LETTERS DO I HAVE TO PUT THIS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOE didnt exaclty put in an enthralling story. If we wanted to use SOE's version, you would see about 3 minutes of background and then 30 of zerging.

The movie, as its says in the opening credits, is filmed in planetside. We make our own, plot, and put in 3 hours per shoot filming it, then Miir puts god knows how many hours editing it. Also, I know that Jaydog worked his ass off making that 3li3t3 music.

You think you can make anything remotly as good as this? Be my guest. Really. There are very few movies that I can even stand to watch. Make one.
Old 2003-12-17, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Kaymon
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pytagoras
Yeah.. this is on the path to becoming something great!

However, I got some minor issues that I would like to point out.

The Episode

The NC Squad Leader are mumbling a bit. I have to really concentrate on what he is saying.
We'll be revealing his name in the second episode. As for the mumbling... the voice actor is a personal friend of mine - I'll bring it up, see what he can do.

(Missiles goes straight towards their targets).
It was a Phoenix - they don't.

Why does the TR Soldier on the Maurader disembark when he has a superior weapon and protection on the Marauder?
Because it just took a direct hit from a fuggin rocket launcher. We're not binding ourselves to the game rules. In our storyline, a direct hit from a rocket is enough to disable a vehicle.

During the battle, you can see three backpacks around the ANT. I would prefer bodies.
So would we. In fact, we tell the actors not to release until they're either rez'd, or the shot is over. I suppose some backpacks made their way into live footage. There was a lot to go through, and the actors are all gamers - that urge to click out is hard to supress. You'll get your bodies.

After the battle you see a Deliverer come over the hill and parks. 6 soldiers then proceeds to run towards it. Even though I didn't count them first time I saw the movie, I knew they where too many to fit in it. The next scene gives the impression that all of the soldiers are inside the Deliverer in addition to the driver. Just picking on the details here, but as a experienced Planetside-player I just couldn't avoid noticing it.
I tried telling them that...

Allright.. Now I've been writing alot of bad stuff about the movie, but it is still pretty good in my point of view. I can't wait for the next episode.
Writing a lot of bad stuff? It was constructive critizism, and well appreciated. If a person doesn't know what they're doing wrong, they can't fix it now, can they?
Old 2003-12-17, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Kaymon
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Spee
That said, I simply have a beef with the female narrators voice. Its somewhat nasal. Other than that, GJ
She had a cold...
Old 2003-12-17, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
apachepilotpat

it was really damn good
i love the shots of aruaxis at the beginning and the vidoe quality is great(i can watch it in full screen and it's still great) maybe clearer voices and i don't like the blue letters in back of the intro. other than that it's the best planetside movie i've ever seen

i actuall under stand why the nc want a ANT. they are brand new and don't have any real bases so the have to hijack and make their own.

Old 2003-12-17, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Kaymon
Master Sergeant

I showed this thread to one of our actors (and the NC commander voice actor), and he had this to say:

"Never let facts get in the way of a good story"
Old 2003-12-17, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Nisloscen
Private

I loved the movie. NC Commander sounded good, but the script didn't match his style of talking. I'm a mumbler and things I say sound good until you make me read something that doesn't flow. The big blue text stuff has to go, I loved the style from the XoO movie. The intro lady sounded great(aside from the cold) and reminded me of the UT intro "The year is 2291...."

I love the Vanu! I love the caverns! While I'm at it... I love Ceryshen! No I'm not being sarcastic, and yes, I am a pilot.
Old 2003-12-17, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
BlackHawk
Staff Sergeant

DOH! Now it works for some reason...

Great movie! Please let the TR win next time though

Last edited by BlackHawk; 2003-12-17 at 06:34 PM.
Old 2003-12-17, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Jagd
Major

The female narrator should go back to her job reading tax forms to the blind over at the IRS. Nasally or not, if she just added some inflection to her voice or tried to sound even vaguely interested in what she was reading it would go a looooong way.
Old 2003-12-17, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Kaymon
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Jagd
The female narrator should go back to her job reading tax forms to the blind over at the IRS. Nasally or not, if she just added some inflection to her voice or tried to sound even vaguely interested in what she was reading it would go a looooong way.
I suppose my views of her voice are somewhat skewed, seeming as I've known her the better part of 20 years. But, that is her voice sounding interested. She was a one shot deal, though. I can't think of any place we'd need the narrator again.

Interesting you should mention the blind. Close, but no cigar. She works with the deaf.
Old 2003-12-17, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Hamma
PSU Admin

Please, lets cut the drama in this thread

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-17, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Katanaboy
Master Sergeant

that urge to click out is hard to supress.
Ack...gad!!! MUST CLICK!!!!! (restraining his hand)

*explodes*

Anyway, didn't we successfully get everyone to hold off on respawning? On the other hand, it was quite funny to see Miir kill everyone around me while invisible, it was like the Black death or something.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion