Spork watch: reply on surgile - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you are reading this, I am stealing your TV
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-13, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Straight up using surge while in agile isn't what people are having real issues with. You're defending a point which really isn't being attacked. The problem is that in game it appears that a majority of surge/agile users are purposely exploiting the warping for an advantage. Obviously there is warping without surge, and warping without jumping. Those warps are a fraction of the warps when combining surge and jumping, and more importantly nobody is trying to cheat in those scenarios. If the exploit is removed from the game, everybody is on a level playing field and everybody is experiencing the warping fairly evenly. Sure, it might suck to have somebody warp past you but just knowing it wasn't done on purpose would be enough to not really bother me so much.
Unfortunately, you are going to have the lameasses who are exploiting it which makes the game worse for everybody (except themselves, of course). So far SOE has been unable to fix the warping, and I'm pretty convinced that it's something beyond them to actually remedy. If they can't fix the problem, they can't fix the exploit. If they can't fix the exploit, we're left with people purposely using an exploit to gain an upper hand. In a game that is supposed to be priding itself on a level playing field and little to no cheating, that doesn't fly. If that means the removal of surge (which I use often with my infil) then do it. Whether it's temporary or permanent, whether it's just a change to the way surge works, whatever. They need to fix the loophole.
Old 2004-01-13, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Yeah I have no idea why I felt like blanket defending surge, that's not my original reason for the thread. I'm defending the average surge user who doesn't want to see it nerfed. If they fix the warping, all is well. But if they remove surge altogether, I just think that will make people quit the game in droves. There has to be a better solution.
Old 2004-01-13, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm of the opinion that when things can be used to such a detriment to game play, then they should remove them. Maybe not permanently, but until they're comfortable with a fix. Pandering to the masses by keeping something ripe for exploitation in the game is just a bad idea. If the removal of surge would actually make any real impact on the player base, I'd be shocked. People might have to adjust their play styles, but there are constant game changes that make you do that. C'est la vie.
Old 2004-01-13, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Rayder
Well then you need to get a faster connection, cuz I have no problem hitting surglings.
Actually, for once in my life, I have to agree with rayder about this subject. I don't have any problems with surgiles. I play all 3 empires, and I'm not biased towards NC either. Fixing the warping would be great, then less people could whine so much about it cuz theyre comp sux balls and they shouldn't even be playing PS in the first place. But stop there...no nerfing of weapons or implants should be done. I find it pretty stupid that to fix a problem that people with shitty comps have, the solution has to be ruin it for the people that never had the problem to begin with. Find the god damn middleman.

Fix the warping, stop the whining.
Old 2004-01-13, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

People warp on my screen while I'm getting 30 fps in a battle, or while I'm getting 90 in a tower with few people in it. It ain't the comp. Good for you if you don't have the issue, or haven't noticed the issue, but that doesn't mean it's a shitty comp problem. It's not.
Old 2004-01-13, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by dscytherulez
Actually, for once in my life, I have to agree with rayder about this subject. I don't have any problems with surgiles. I play all 3 empires, and I'm not biased towards NC either. Fixing the warping would be great, then less people could whine so much about it cuz theyre comp sux balls and they shouldn't even be playing PS in the first place. But stop there...no nerfing of weapons or implants should be done. I find it pretty stupid that to fix a problem that people with shitty comps have, the solution has to be ruin it for the people that never had the problem to begin with. Find the god damn middleman.
YOU don't have this problem, so it doesn't exist. Nice debate tactic. Stay out of the Political Debate forum please. People with good comps experience the problem too... or didn't you know that?

Fix the warping,
Agreed.

stop the whining.
No. The "whining" is actually called "player feedback". It is what the Devs use to improve their game.
Old 2004-01-13, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Kikinchikin

Majick i already answered this quesiton in a previous post. I did not get rid of reinforced so i could get cheap kills with agile/surge. I did it to make room for support certs for my outfit. I used reinforced for 6 months. Read the rest of the post before posting next time.
Old 2004-01-13, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Jagd
Major

Yeah, a lot of people wind up dropping ReXo at higher levels when they start to realize how handy the equipment skills and support vehicle certs are. It's not just because we like to surge in agile, but because if you carry a sweeper, there is still room for plenty of shotgun and repair ammo, as well as a couple of decimators in the backpack.
Old 2004-01-13, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Riyu
Private

Yeah...

I'm one of those people that dropped Rexo... I used to primarily only use Rexo for the 2nd rifle slot. But then I realized that for the cost of armor, I can get Special Assault, I ended up doing that and learned to switch weapons from inventory...
Old 2004-01-13, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Gigabein
YOU don't have this problem, so it doesn't exist. Nice debate tactic. Stay out of the Political Debate forum please. People with good comps experience the problem too... or didn't you know that?

Agreed.

No. The "whining" is actually called "player feedback". It is what the Devs use to improve their game.
I don't partake in political debates because I hate politics...why would I want to? I guess my comp has magical powers...seeing as how it in itself can just make this whole "warping" problem invisible to my eyes. Maybe I am wrong, maybe I'm just blind. I dunno...

AND YES...there is a HUGE difference between player feedback and whining. Player feedback should, and usually does, come in the form of a question or well formed, non angry comment involving personal experience and dissapointment. Such as: "I've seem to have been having problems with such and such. Is this happening on a wide scale, and if it is, when can we expect it to be fixed?"

Whining however, usually and almost ALWAYS, comes in the form of "IT DUZNT WORK ON MY COMPUTER, FIX IT YOU Fing RETARDS!" or "N3RF THIS CUZ I SUCK WHENEVER I USE/SEE/AM AROUND IT!!!!1111oneoneone"

There are some honest people on here that I definately believe have been having this problem REGARDLESS of their system. There are also some idiot smacktards, roughly 1/2 or more of this argument, who either jumped on the bandwagon because they get killed by surgiles a lot, or just plain hate the NC alltogether and wish to see them nerfed the most, and just never even used surge so it won't affect them in the least.

This is why I again reach my conclusion:

Fix the warping, stop the whining.
Old 2004-01-13, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
xmodum
Colonel

i didnt read all the posts , so i dont know if any1 said this ....
they should make it where u can only use it while ur gun is hostlered , if u pull anything out then it automaticly turns off, if u hit the surge button ur weapon has to be hostlered to use this would help from the shooting while warping behind some1 , but also give the guys that see them warping a chance to turn around while the surgiles warp behind them and pull their weapon out , also would be good for infills
Old 2004-01-13, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Just to pipe in here since its been brought up. I havent seen 1 single warp since the patch where the Devs said they Fixed some of it. I dont doubt it is still happening to some people, but it sure isnt happening to me. So whatever the Devs did certainly fixed it for some people
Old 2004-01-13, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I'm totally agreeing with Hamma on this one. Right now, you need 6 certs to own HA, once you get a couple more BR's you have surge. With this addition, you will have to have 9 certs. Technicly this is a good thing for the NC, becouse then nobody can call them n00bhammers.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-01-13, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Really though, what the hell does warping look like now? It used to be going up a flight of stairs and *POOF!* he's next to you. Now it's he goes up a flight of stairs and he's still going up it.
Old 2004-01-13, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Heavygain
Lieutenant Colonel

I dont think surge is the main problem, its quite easy to counter. Simply turn on your surge and backpedal and unload with a medium range weapon. but i do think the jackhammer take the surge a step too far.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion