Your thoughts on the "Ammo" Patch? (2-18-4) - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Damn Communist
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-19, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Seer
Major

Originally Posted by Warborn
The game's balance is more important than your attachment to a broken weapon.
Warborn 1, infinite loop 0.

Special recognition to infinite loop for having an impressively weak point.
Old 2004-02-19, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Seer

Hahahaha

Nice post.
Old 2004-02-19, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Vick
Wtf? What kinda newb dies to a punisher while he has a lasher?
That was my exact thought until I saw it with my own eyes. 1 Plasma grenade + Surge + strafe = win 4 outa 5 times against the old lasher. The only difference now is that you get lash damage within 10m so I'd like to see if that Punisher Tactic still works.

The reason I blame the weapon and not the player is because when the 2 duelers switch weapons the win ratio also switches.

Typically in dueling the Lasher loses to: Punisher, Sweeper, Jack, and MCG on a consistant basis. The orbs are just too slow and the lashing damage is not substantial enough to turn a miss into a win.

In no way am I advocating a Lasher buff. I'm just pointing out that it sucks for dueling and that maybe with the new mini-buff it got in this patch that may change a little.
Old 2004-02-19, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Me loves the JH nerf becsuae i think i'm seeing more guasses, and the 4 shot needed to be removed even thoughthe devs probably intended it to be that way.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-19, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Destroyeron
Troll x2

My thoughs on the ammo patch when it was announced: YAY I CAN GO FOR MORE THEN 5 MINUTES WITH MY ROCKLET!!!!!

My thoughts after playing on Werner(vs) with reinforced and sa while completely decimating 15 TR that *attempted* to take a base from me and a max: If I have reinfored, the new patch, and SA, I WILL be unstoppable.

P.S. I didn't die once while killing those 15 TR and yes they did have max's so (tr on werner need target practice)
Old 2004-02-19, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I can now make my previously AV incapable characters like my Gauss and sweeper agiles, and my sniper configs, AV capable with a deci

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-19, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Lithpope
Corporal

Originally Posted by Vick
Anyway, patch is pretty good except maybe for the to many strikers

Play TR and can not say there are too many (IMO you can never have too many ) but, it is nice to see a Marked increase in Strikers and yes even Lancers in the field. The NC were the only ones who regularly used AV until this patch, Now if they will just FIX THE FUCKING lock bug on the Striker.
Old 2004-02-19, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by infinite loop
Then they NEVER should have had it in the game to begin with. If it hadn't been there for the last 9 months, I wouldn't miss it now. Bad design? Maybe. But regardless, "fixing" it now doesn't mean it should just be accepted, and make people happy. Nerfs will never be justified.
It only makes JH noobs happy cause thats the only way they get kills. I see far to many NC with Jackhammers in long range battles. NC especially Markov need to get a gauss rifle, and drop the Jackhammer. HA is finally balanced, Lasher got a buff cause it deserved it when rexo buff came, MCG is balanced, JH has been brought into balance. And I still own, the moral of the story is if your still bitching about the Jackhammer nerf that means you cant hit the broad side of a fucking barn with a shotgun. End of Story
Old 2004-02-19, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

God i love the ammo buff. i had picked up striker and has used it extensively over the weekend. Its a great weapon, but the damage to maxes is a bit low in my opinion. it takes around the same number of shots to kill a reaver as it does a max. ( i saved peacemakers ass constantly with this and got quite a few reavers) Now, i logged on today, and where i used to have 20 total shots i now have 50. I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now i dont have to go OMG OMG OMG let me run back to base or ams to get more ammo. and in my full striker rexo loadout i have 100shots ph34r me NC and VS reavers.

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2004-02-19, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I have mixed feelings on the patch.

I am having trouble adjusting so far because since the rexo buff its more difficult to kill with my two primary weapons(gauss and sweeper).

I guess the lasher could have used the buff. I used to mow through them 80-90% of the time with just a gauss no matter the range, but if you're gonna spend 4 certs for a weapon then it should only be fair that you have more than a 50% chance over an MA user.

Haven't seen many maxes in the last couple days. Probably scared to come out with AV being all over the place. Or uncerted to get AV.
Old 2004-02-20, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by WritheNC
I guess the lasher could have used the buff. I used to mow through them 80-90% of the time with just a gauss no matter the range, but if you're gonna spend 4 certs for a weapon then it should only be fair that you have more than a 50% chance over an MA user.
/signed
Old 2004-02-20, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Seer

No need to be a dick.
Old 2004-02-20, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Biohazzard56
It only makes JH noobs happy cause thats the only way they get kills. I see far to many NC with Jackhammers in long range battles. NC especially Markov need to get a gauss rifle, and drop the Jackhammer. HA is finally balanced, Lasher got a buff cause it deserved it when rexo buff came, MCG is balanced, JH has been brought into balance. And I still own, the moral of the story is if your still bitching about the Jackhammer nerf that means you cant hit the broad side of a fucking barn with a shotgun. End of Story
Wow nice stereotype there bud. Love how you lump me into that, having never squadded with me before. Truth is, I would guess that at least a third of my kills are with the gauss. But it doesn't matter. My point is, I'm pissed off, and I'm venting some steam. This thread is about the patch, and I'm giving my opinion. No need to attack me or flame me, that's pretty lame. I'm glad to hear you still own, golf claps all around
Old 2004-02-20, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Warborn
The game's balance is more important than your attachment to a broken weapon.
You know, you are absolutely right. It's very difficult to see the overall 'good for the game' in this kind of thing when it directly affects the way you play however. That said, I'm still not convinced this fix was necessary, or that the JH had ANY balance issues. But alas, I won't start another worthless HA debate, they just lead to more nerfs...
Old 2004-02-20, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Edit button.

+200 Cool Pts
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion