Doesn't PSU Deserve credit? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vanu. The other white meat.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-25, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Copy and paste from my post in that thread:
I think I have found the problem. People form PSU and people from the OF have a very different definition of flaming. With all the nerf posts and influx of every n00b that signs up for planetside, the OF gets a lot more flamming then PSU. PSU has been known to go for weeks without a single flame posted on its boards. Maybe Hamma wasen't aware that he was stepping into a community that was less tolerant of anything resembling a flame then PSU.

That being said, this is no excuse for the author of that thread not to give due credit.
Old 2004-04-25, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

All the guy had to do is type 3 more words out...jese.

Old 2004-04-25, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Kyonye
BuzzCutFaggot is a dumbass...13 year old little boy whose balls haven't dropped yet...
How can he be a ****** if his balls have not dropped yet? We have yet to see if his first boner points at the tuna or the fudge.

Anyway, it was funny to see Hamma fall into the moronic flame war trap. Hamma, you can't win there... most posters are impervious to the premise of the conversation they are commenting on.

In other words... just post your thoughts in an intelligent manner and let the flamers make fools of themselves.
Old 2004-04-25, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Kyonye
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by BadAsh
How can he be a ****** if his balls have not dropped yet? We have yet to see if his first boner points at the tuna or the fudge.

Anyway, it was funny to see Hamma fall into the moronic flame war trap. Hamma, you can't win there... most posters are impervious to the premise of the conversation they are commenting on.

In other words... just post your thoughts in an intelligent manner and let the flamers make fools of themselves.

Wow......****** to me has nothing to do with being Gay, because that is what you are saying...to me ****** means pussy.....so if you want me to rephrase Mr. Literal..BuzzCutPussy is a dumbass.....

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2004-04-25, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
jsloan31
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

/me just rated all of buzzcut's posts a one.

yeah, lots of people on the official forums are dumb.
Old 2004-04-25, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

The OF is the place where all of Earth's stupidity gathers and spreads. You try and show them that you are right and they are wrong but they are so persistant it is like talking to a fucking 4 year old. I have never seen such ignorant bastards. Buzzcut being Major Dumbfuck. I cannot believe them saying that Hamma was an "arse" or telling him to "get the fcuks off your high horse!11" I mean I have seen smarter retarded gorillas. I would NEVER like to see one of them in real life. The amount of stupidity that fluctuates through their bodies must affect everyone within a five mile radius.

/end post.
Old 2004-04-25, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ZionsFire
The OF is the place where all of Earth's stupidity gathers and spreads. You try and show them that you are right and they are wrong but they are so persistant it is like talking to a fucking 4 year old. I have never seen such ignorant bastards. Buzzcut being Major Dumbfuck. I cannot believe them saying that Hamma was an "arse" or telling him to "get the fcuks off your high horse!11" I mean I have seen smarter retarded gorillas. I would NEVER like to see one of them in real life. The amount of stupidity that fluctuates through their bodies must affect everyone within a five mile radius.

/end post.

Edit: Hey, now I know where I remember Buzzcut from! He's that douchebag who ruined the big "all empire" get together on the small little island. He libbed everyone...
Old 2004-04-25, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Acaila
First Lieutenant

Fuck those wankers. You do guys do an awesome job and shit yeah you deserve credit for it.
Old 2004-04-25, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Kyonye
Wow......****** to me has nothing to do with being Gay, because that is what you are saying...to me ****** means pussy.....so if you want me to rephrase Mr. Literal..BuzzCutPussy is a dumbass.....
****** means gay. http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=******&f=1
Old 2004-04-25, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

people do that alot on the OF. one time some moron mirrored Shadows of Auraxis on his site, posted it on the OF, and called it "Spirits of Auraxis."
Old 2004-04-25, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Marsman
Major

Many people have asked about downloading the commercials. The answer has always been no, because these commercials are exclusive property to AGN/PSU. The originals to all the commercials are full quality and never have been, nor ever will be available for public download.

The shoutcasts have always been 24bps so that even modem users can listen. While it would have been just as easy to edit out the breaks in the Community Night and Ask the Devs recordings, we left the break commercials intact so that users would at least have SOME place to hear the commecials just as those who tuned in live at 24kbps did.

We have even been properly "asked" by those who wished to use parts of the commercials in other projects providing they gave full credit to the source, (get a hint! to whoever extracted this and posted it: that's how it's done) to which we said yes and thanked them for asking FIRST and for OFFERING to properly credit the source. I expected most of the community would agree with all this.

However, it appears that some feel like just because there wasn't a sign saying they couldn't, or nothing else was stopping them, they can just take whatever they feel like despite what any amount of common sense would dictate. Cries of "I never claimed it was mine" fall on deaf ears here. You never claimed it wasn't yours either, so with just a link and nothing else, to many it "implies" you are the author/creator/source of some kind. It was my impression when I first read the thread - I sure many others as well.

Since there are some who apparently have to see a "sign" in order to have a brain:

All AGN Downloads are the intellectual and artistic property of AGN/PSU. Any use of these recordings, or use of any part or parts contained within, without the expressed consent of the Staff at AGN/PSU is strictly prohibited.

I am truly disturbed by the attitude of some people on the OF and most of my comments here are directed towards them - not the PSU forum users. Those who are here in PSU are here because of attitudes like this on the OF. I was hoping the new boards might generate a little more civility - Sadly, I can see that it has not.
Old 2004-04-25, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
EarlyDawn
Major General

Wtfpwnt by Mars
Old 2004-04-25, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
jedi
Staff Sergeant

What a bunch of retards
Old 2004-04-25, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

looks like you guys summoned all the forum trolls to that thread.... they should have given credit
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-04-26, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I don't know who the original poster of the link, Vash666, is.

That being said, no, he didn't post who originally made it, and he didn't post who hosted it.

However, he did not falsely take credit for it, or give credit to someone who didn't actually make it, so I think your first post was a little bit of an overreaction. Nobody knows how he originally got the link: Maybe some outfit posted a link, and then someone in that outfit sent the link to his friend, Vash666. Vash, just knowing he has these links in his mailbox he finds really funny, shares them on the OF. He doesn't know where they came from. Do you think he should go on a hunt for the origin of this stuff he's listening to before posting it?

As for your post:

Do not post it and take credit for our hard work. We would not want to have to remove downloadable content because it's being abused.
I'm sorry if this offends you, but that statement there is a perceived threat(read: FLAMEBAIT). You shouldn't have put it that way, opening your first post saying you "wouldn't wanna have to take away the funny stuff."

It was good that you posted to take proper credit for it, but you posted in the wrong manner. Your post was too defensive; as anybody knows, if you go to grade school in a defensive posture, the bullies see you before anyone else.

If your post had read:

"If you are going to post audio created by PlanetSide Universe, please give its authors credit. It was originally created by Flynt and is hosted by PSU. We worked hard on it and want to make sure you know who deserves proper credit for this work."

This would have garnered you praise and proper credit than attracting all the trolls.

There are a lot of good people on the OF but it's like walking through Compton; if you don't walk or talk the same way, you're meat.

You guys wouldn't agree with me on the good people on the OF. Take it with a grain of salt I guess.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion