New Vehicles - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You know you want it.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-05-28, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Radaeron
Sergeant

I don't see why so many other TR are saying the Raider is so poor.. On werner there are many pleased people.
We've done some tests and its seriously effective, can tear through air units, destroys turrets quickly, kills infantry in a second. Keep in mind this is with 4 gunners who are hitting.

Although I agree that Thunderer is overpowered
Its too accurate, shells are seriously packing a punch the size of Ireland
Am very pissed off that they released it without even tweaking it from test.

are the developers TRYING to convince TR to disband and go NC or VS?
Didn't you hear? TR are disliked by the devs
Yes.. Most patches I've seen nerf the TR and/or buff the VS/NC...

Take pre-core combat
The Pounder was nerfed so bad it became a walking lump of iron.
I checked over this a while back and the lasher was buffed at least 3 times.

Somewhere along the line the striker lock-on system was fudged up bad.

IMO most patches are an attack on the TR The Raider is ok, but feeble compared with the Thunderer
Old 2004-05-28, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Firefly
Raider sucks sweaty donkey balls.
What?

The last patch was rolled back because people couldn't play the game, the thunderer is just a balance issue, hence it can just be hotfixed. I have a feeling that the reason they pushed the deliverers out the door, is they want them in for the 10 day war in an attempt to show people new content when they come back.

I'm not worried, they'll fix it.... they have to.
Old 2004-05-28, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
krayons
Sergeant

raider is nice and about right for not being a tank
thunder needs to be nerf a little
aura needs a buff
Old 2004-05-28, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

As for the Thunderer- it's so overpowered it's not even funny. What really pisses me off to no end is this: SmokeJumper saw all the complaints and said "We're going to fix this." And then they fucking released it ANYWAY, with no fixes.!
They pretty much had to release them, because if they delayed/pushed the vehicles back to another patch, the bitchfest would be INHUMAN.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-05-28, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

To tell you the truth Aurora is quite good when your facing a large amount of infantry. It cuts thought them like hot butter on ice.
(mmmm...)

Only problem at the moment is the relatively inexperienced gunners, and the tendacy for then to loose the whole clip (2nd mode is the one with slow reload) at sight of the enemy at a considerable range where its random CoF bloom makes the aim jump so wild you can't really hit anything while on the move. Coupled with the limited angle it can aim down at, its Air vunerability and its effective range within 100m. Makes it pretty shot up and dead by the time it can be effective at all....

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2004-05-28 at 12:32 PM.
Old 2004-05-28, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
scarpas
Captain

Raider sucks sweaty donkey balls. Honestly- are the developers TRYING to convince TR to disband and go NC or VS? I mean, this is outrageously LUDICROUS.

As for the Thunderer- it's so overpowered it's not even funny. What really pisses me off to no end is this: SmokeJumper saw all the complaints and said "We're going to fix this." And then they fucking released it ANYWAY, with no fixes. What kind of retard does that shit? Why release it when there's an OBVIOUS and ADMITTED imbalance? And why no backpedalling yet? Is it that hard to simply fix it? Why not just ROLL IT BACK like they did with the last patch? Oh- and by the way- I strongly suspect they rolled back the last patch because they accidentally buffed the TR.

I swear. Every time I think these mindless poltroons finally get something right, they go and set themselves back again with some paramount of stupidity. Seriously- this is disgusting. An APC Deliverer variant that can easily mow through tanks? My God- what utter bogus garbage!

id have to agree with him.
Old 2004-05-28, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Seer
Major

Well, there is one positive--the Thunderer is outrageously unbalanced rather than insidiously overpowered, so it will receive a nerf eventually.

I issued warning after warning on the test server feedback forum, to no avail.

Dhark, I assure you that no one with test server experience with the vehicles would have cried if they were delayed or even eliminated from the game. The devs knew from the test server forum microcosm that there would be an inhuman bitchfest if they did release the vehicles, except in that case the people bitching would have a point. And they did it anyway.

Last edited by Seer; 2004-05-28 at 01:03 PM.
Old 2004-05-28, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Hezzy
Contributor
General

Thunderer is seriously overbalanced. I was shot down in a galaxy with half sheild in 7 shots. I had no time to escape, even with AB.
Old 2004-05-28, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

1. I agree the thunderer is overpowered. 1 shot kills=bad
2. What are you talking about the raider being bad! Did you not read the tips? You have to WORK TOGETHER, thers 4 of u man. Also at least yours was made to shoot things. The aurora was made to transport troops! WHY DO WE NEED A TROOP TRANSPORTER WE CAN USE THE DELI FOR THAT.
3. Yes the aurora is good vs troops but any war I go into has raiders and prowlers and thunderers and Vanguards and well I dont see a whole lot of troops to shoot.
4. Um sorry, the des are trying to get you to disband? If you look at the weapons comparison, VS is worse and it isnt workin too well on Markov. The pop is usually TR 40% NC 40% VS 20%...
Old 2004-05-28, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Id personally like to see the Thunderer as a Gauss Rifle not a Flail. Gauss is a Rifle not A Mortar and the Deliverer is not a Mortar Platform.
Old 2004-05-28, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Biohazzard56
...the Deliverer is not a Mortar Platform...
well apparently the Aurora is.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-05-28, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Yerster
Contributor
Corporal

I have used them all. the Raider an Tunderer kickbutt...i hate haveing to go against them hehe but the arura could be better.

to make the arura better.

1)bigger clip maby at leat 8 shots-12 shots.
2) the reload time in somewhere around 7 seconds. an for 6 shots thats to slow i think. maby about 4.5-5 secs would work good.
3 it has WAY to much arc on it. VS wepons are all start fire why dose the arurs have to be different? at least thay would make it so the shoots had about half the arc thay have now.

i fear the raider thou..i ran accrose 1 yesterday an before i had time to say "o shit" i was mowed down form full heath. )
Old 2004-05-28, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Sanguinarius
Private

My experience has been limited to gunning a Raider.

- I like the sound of the guns.
- The RoF strikes me as a bit slow
- The damage seems a bit weak
- The depression angle needs to be increased. The Raider guns cannot hit infantry who are within 20-30 yards because the guns can't aim low enough.
- Having no splash damage makes inflicting damage, espeically on smaller targets like infantry, pretty hard while in motion.
- Doing significant/effective damage requires 4 gunners accurately firing at the same target. That's three different variables. To be effective the Raider requires much more than the other two variants. It requires a greater number of people, a higher number of accurate gunners, and a higher level of coordination. As such, the requirements for effectiveness are much higher for the Raider than for the dual-gunned (splash-damage?) Araura and Thunderer.

Things that concern me about the Thunderer:

- Apparently each gun can 1-shot Rexo infantry, that's not cool.
- What I hear on these boards and from my own outfit mates is that it can, in many situations, effectively duel our Prowler tanks. That's not cool either. A glorified armored car should never be able to present a significant threat to a MBT. Also, since both the Thunderer and the Prowler have two gunners, the 'more gunners needs to = more powerful' argument doesn't excuse this situation as both have the same # of gunners. Also, that arguement can lead to "glass cannons" which is always a bad result.
- The Thunderer like all Deli variants, can be gotten without a Tech Plant. Both TR and VS need tech plants to get their most effective Anti-Tank vehicles (Reaver and MBTs). Long-range accuracy is a good stand-in for armor. If the Thunderer hits about as hard as a Vanguard and can do so from range, it's about as good as a Vanguard, but does not require a Tech Plant. That ain't cool either.

I'm aware my feedback on the Thunderer is hearsay, but much of it seems to be reinforced by what I'm hearing in the field as well as what I read on the Test Server boards. If it's true the Thunderer is over-powered and VS and TR versions aren't equal compensation.
Old 2004-05-28, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Thunderer > Prowler
Old 2004-05-28, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
QuakCow
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

well..the aurora shots are kinda slow....dodgeable by infantry, yet to go up against the other 2

NO MORE ELVES!
ROAST THE BEEF!!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion