Urgent Message From The New Conglomerate - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ive lost my mojo
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-28, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Sando138
Second Lieutenant

next log

(That may be, but look at it this way: your clone looks like you, acts like you, fights like you.... but it isnt you. all that you'd remember is the time before you were first matrixed. you loose your experiences and thoughts on anything since your last matrixing.)

Voice recording:

Entry 1
Few Stragglers coming in today. most of them are in worse shape than usual. the reinforcements are helping us repel the attacks. phoenix platoons have destroyed most of them. we're now on near constant 'Dark Light Surveilance' routines. very taxing. i've been trying to rewire my spare darklight implant to project it's scans onto my visor. it's not helping me any if all i see is the infrared and ultraviolet spectrums while it's active. (end recording)

Entry 2
i recently assumed the role of anti-vehicle-anti-personell sniper, due to my proficiency with a stolen Striker, a Pulsar i found on a corpse near where the three mosquito's went down, and my recently obtained second implant, Range Magnification. my first day netted me 6 troop kills, 1 mag-rider kill, and three recon bike kills.(end recording)

Entry 3
Enemy attack is inbound! enemy attack inbound! massive invasion force, mostly terran, though the Vanu may attack our flank to try and take the base before them. enemy consists of a number of fullyy loaded galaxies and [long pause] oh SHI( massive boom of several twin tank barrels firing drowns out voice) *static* (satisfying thunk of bullet firing) Take that you *static* cant take this many tank*static* RETREAT TO THE INNER SANCTUM AND CALL FOR REINFORCEMENTS!(end recording)
Old 2003-03-01, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
InZaneFlea VA
Private

Old 2003-03-01, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Voice Recorder
Log #5

Terran Reaver pilots can't aim.

The sounds of the Thresher hover engine effectively blotted out the sounds of a Reaver on my tail. His first volley missed by about fifty feet but alerted me to his presence. The forest was not dense enough to hide in. No caves. No nothing! It was over!

I desperately looked around for cover. He fired a second volley. I watched the deadly armor-piercing rockets come closer, closer...

Then I hit a tree.

I was flung free from the Thresher. It blew up with electric arms of energy reaching out in every direction. I flew a good twenty feet before landing in a lake, sparing me the joy of hitting another tree.

At this point I'm running. I don't have much breath to talk with. No vehicles. Broken leg. The reaver lost me. I am very near the front line. You can hear the artillery barrage ahead. I have no idea how to use a tank. I'm not certified. I am out of tricks or options at this point...

*BAM! BAM BAM BAM!*
*end of transmission*
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2003-03-01, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Moloch
Master Sergeant

oh the agony of suspense
Old 2003-03-01, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
mcshlong
Private

it does when you a killin machine like we are at the n.c.
Old 2003-03-01, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Moloch
Master Sergeant

why are the writers all NC? And why do they always have the NC having their ass kicked? There will be blue n yellow ownage from day 1
Old 2003-03-01, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Sando138
Second Lieutenant

to answer your question...

(NC is actually doing quite well considering it is under attack from two factions that are united everywhere else but Eureka... also considering that they are outnumbered a on a couple-hundred-to-one ratio.)

Log entry: Voice recording

The attack is still going on, and a number of casualties have already occurred. massive numbers of troops are assaulting our position, for every 1 i tag 3 replace him. we keep knockin them down but they keep coming, completely armed and armored, and within walking distance. if i live through this, i think i'd call this the 'battle of the Hydra', because according to old greek legends, a hydra was a monster with nine heads at the start of a fight, but for every head destroyed two grew from it's stump, making it virtually impossible to kill... until a hero named Hercales or something like that figured out to cauterize the stumps before the heads grew back... thats it! ive got it! darklight online, range amp online.... AMS located! forwarding cordinate data to troops, and organizing a strike party... Sando, out!
Old 2003-03-01, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Kaclain
Private

"This place is a mess." Someone decided over the comm. unit as our unit approached what remained of Eureka outpost three. A major battle definitely took place here, probably no longer than an hour ago. Bodies littered the ground; blood stained the dirt around the complex. I waved my men to stop and motioned with my hand to have them take cover in a brush patch 100 yards from the base entrance. As I kneeled I put my Pulsar rifle to my side and reached for my mag-goggles, watching the entrance the facility. My men spread out behind me, tacking cover behind various obstacles, trees, bushes, anything they could use for cover. We remained in our positions for only a moment when I spied the familiar yellow and blue armors of the New Conglomerate forces. Three soldiers walked casually out of the entrance. I focused my mag unit on the soldiers, they appeared happy. Putting down the unit, I reached for my Pulsar and took aim with the rifle. I waited for a moment as the NC soldiers began piling out of the base, happy in their reclamation of the fortification. I brought the retrical over the nearest soldier and squeezed the trigger. The searing hot beam of energy sprang from the Pulsar and caught the soldier in the chest, forcing him to spin around in mid-air as he fell dead from the blast. The NC soldiers immediately sprang into confusion as my unit opened fire with our energy weapons, arcs of searing energy springing forth with terrifying accuracy. The lucky NC soldiers managed to take cover and return sporadic fire. The rest lay dead or injured on the grass with our fallen comrades.

"Kill them all!" I shouted, squeezing the trigger of my Pulsar a few more times.
Old 2003-03-01, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
SpaceDrake
Master Sergeant

GO FICTION WOOOOOT!

Er, yeah. Good stuff, do continue with this, flesh out a last stand of the NC. This could be great.
Old 2003-03-01, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Sando138
Second Lieutenant

Log of a New Conglomerate soldier: voice recording.
We had managed to hold off the terrans, and i was a hero, due to the success of the raiding party in destroying their AMS. we returned to make certain the base was clear when an attack of vanu cut us to pieces. the guy on my immediae right was shot first. most of my squad is in the rebirthing chambers now, all save myself and one or two others. we are pinned down here by what must be a platoon of Vanu. i used up what Phoenix missles i had left to take out a Galaxy drop ship that was coming in to reinforce the vanu. all but three died in the crash. i still have my Gauss rifle and plenty of ammo, but to use it i need to expose myself to enemy fire. i get an ominous feeling from what their leader said. he shouted 'Kill them all' loud enough that i heard it. i snapped off a few more shots ikn his general direction when i heard that before i got behind cover. i took three indirect hits from lasher shots, otherwise i'm unhurt. my compatriots have five more minutes till they have been rebirthed, and in the meantime, i fear that the enemy will charge. against their numbers i would stand no chance. i used a few of my ACEs to lay mines around my position, but if they're smart they will use concussion grenades to set them off before attacking.
Old 2003-03-01, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
SpaceDrake
Master Sergeant

You know, this is a good motivation for me to finally get off my ass and finish my epicfic from hell that I'm writing as an introduction to CD's covert ops squad (I.E. the squad I head up.) Hmm.
Old 2003-03-01, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Kaclain
Private

"Fire in the hole!" I shouted as I pulled the pin on the concussion grenade and tossed it from my cover, recoiling my hand seconds before the air around it filled with shots from NC weapons, the air was buzzing with fire. We had the advantage, and I was determined to press it. We had lost an outpost two months ago because I had failed to act in time to cut off reinforcements; I would not make the same mistake. "Light them up!" I shouted to my unit, who all went down and reached for there grenades. They began to throw in unison, but one man was unfortunate. As he winded up to throw a NC gauss round caught him in the chest, penetrating his already damaged armor. Blood spray from his wound seemed to shock even him and the men near him only had seconds to run before the grenade lighted up and the man was finished off in a fiery inferno. Undaunted, me and my unit got to out feet and charged as the wave of grenades went off in the NC's midst, weapons firing.
Old 2003-03-01, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Voice Recorder
Log #7

A long time ago, waaay back when in the late 1960s there was this country on Earth called Vietnam. A jungle war was fought there between a superpower (The United States of America) versus the rebels (Vietnam). It appears that the war gave suriviors severe mental problems such as flashbacks, fear of guns, etc.

This must be happening to me. I am getting paranoid. An alien fruit falling from its tree makes my hair stand on end. A breeze that rustles the tall grass makes me draw my pistol and search for the attacker.

But, why? We are winning on all other fronts by letting them destroy themselves, then going in for the kill. We are winning the war! What is wrong with me?

I fear. I...

*click, click*

...just a twig. Am I going to ever make it home? Will I ever see my girlfriend again? Is she OK? Are my parents OK? Is...

*click, click*

...another twig. Well, let me get back to where I left off.

I stumbled upon a sniper who was moving ahead. He had his pistol drawn. He shot three times at me, and missed once. I took one to the broken arm and another to the broken leg. I pulled out my MAG-Scatter and emptied the five-round clip into his chest. I am at 75 HP. I used the medkits. No, Tobias, that wasn't you.

I am getting very close to the tanks. You can see them with binoculars. Is that a vehicle pad on...

*click, click*

...just the wind.

I have thought again about giving up, ending it, shooting myself while I have the ammo. But I don't. Why? I do not know.

There is a radar tower on the horizon. I figure that I have better luck there than rushing tanks. I'll go there.

Wow, I get the liberty of *ending* the transmission.

*end of transmission*
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2003-03-02, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Sando138
Second Lieutenant

(this section will be third person without use of a recorder, its hard to put a combat scene into a recording until after it happens. the thoughts Sando is thinking will be in italics. this is a long onw cause i really get into them when i write like this.)

fire in the hole.... not good! the lone soldier sees 2 or more concussion grenades land near his position. the next two land right on either side of him and blow him against the rock he is hiding behind, jarring him badly and making him wish -no, hope- for reinforcements . he leaves cover long enough to retaliate and fires a burst at one of the sillouettes throwing the grenades. a scream, and the figure goes down. Sando's teeth begin to chatter as shellshock, exaustion, and pain from his injuries all take their toll. then he hears a rusling. a loud rustling. something big. he pulls a 180 spin, and lo and behold, an audible hum is heard. Sando salies in with a quick right, and his hand hits something he can't see. a loud grunt of pain and a crunch suggests that he hit dead center on the would be assassin, and that his hand-to-hand combat training paid off. That does it. i may be a pilot, but i don't just sit in a chair and pull a trigger, i have to go through above-par combat training too. the night goes darker as his darklight implant goes online, changing the world into the deep purple hues of ultraviolet, excepting a large red mass directly in front of him. he draws his mag cutter and blocks the cut of an activated force blade. he pulls his Mag-scatter with his other hand and aims and pulls the trigger. a loud POW announces the death of the stealth assassin.

Sando searches the corpse and pulls out a beamer to fill his other empty holster. he hears a not so distant sound of an AMP firing three shots in semi-auto mode. another mag scatter firing five times.

5 and a half minutes since they were killed. i need backup. where is my squad?!? the other two teammates of mine were blown into the open by the concussion grenades and shot. the same thing's gonna happen to me soon if i dont get some help.... 7 and a half minutes. c'mon! please.... please...where are they?!? please dear god, please... no. no. i am not giving in to this. i will not cave under this pressure... no matter how bad it gets, i'm gonna survive! i can make it through this living hell... i think... this war and this post need to be won. we can outlast them. they won't stop us. we won't let them.

out in the night, a lone soldier stared at the sky and prayed. his enemies stared through the night and waited. and the lone soldier wondered what would come first. his end, or his salvation. he was eye to eye with his enemy, waiting to see who would happen.
Old 2003-03-02, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Voice Recorder Log: 7-05-15: User: SandTrout.

Damn the fools, they forgot to watch their backs now their eating up Nanites in the rebirthing facilities! Oh well, what's done is done. After the Terrans tried to flank us with a set of Prowlers, I jumped over the wall, using its slightly sloped surface to slow my decent.

I saw the ambush from the woods, but there were too many of them for me to have helped. I have my gauss and thumper, but the Vanu are too spread out. I'm hopeing they will make a move on the one surviveing member of the squad I saw decemated. Then I can get them with maximum effect from my thumper.

Right now they are waiting, I don't know for what, and I don't know why that squad hasn't come out to help their comrade. Maybe some sabateur got the generator, I don't know. I've worked my way behind them, they aparently don't know I'm here, yet.

Voice Recorder Log: 8-05-15: User: SandTrout.

That squad wouldn't come out. I don't know why, but they didn't.

When I saw the Vanu begining to make their move, I set my Thumper's frag-grenades for a 2 second timer and fired them so that they would explode right above the infantry. Thats the best way to make sure you damage them all. They retreated to their trenches, but I gave my comrade enough time and cover to get into the base.

I'm now hideing in the woods, watching and waiting for my chance to strike.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion