What's your role going to be? - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: In Soviet Russia, quotes accept you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-25, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Re: What's your role going to be?

Hey guys, let's save the discussion on who was the greatest outfit for another thread.

Bring it back on topic!

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2011-07-25, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
ShowNoMercy
Corporal

Haters gonna hate. KDL had close to 200 members at one point when i played (KDL predated my play time by about 5 years). I know 200 members isnt dark skyes in size, but the organization was there. If you never heard of us it doesnt matter, you will when PS2 roles out if youre on our server. Im pretty sure confidence is a good leadership trait, and pyro def has the chutzpah to run a legit ps2 outfit as he did in ps1 for over 8 years.
Old 2011-07-25, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
Jownzorz
Corporal

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
well you keep thinking because it is truly entertaining reading the crap you invent,the idea that the TR were pushing anyone around is a joke.

if the TR were so good at beating on us then explain why the TR NEVER won an event on Markov,the NC swept every event held on the server,all the mono events, the run for guns events and the first rabbit events,your alliance got whipped every time.

I got my first cr5(NC) in july/03 in Ht,I then took over leadership of the outfit in sept/03 so I have been around since day one on Markov.

and if you were around for the takeover then you would know that I am the leader of that outfit too.

I have played this game with damn near every TR worth a shit on Markov and somehow none of these guys remember you.

as for Ht being a joke,I can't wait to show you who the joke is actually going to be on.

as for the crying, it will be just like the original,all you ppl will be on forums crying about crap that needs to nerfed or banned because it killed you and its not fair
its the same thing that happened the first time around,morons that want to rush a guy getting in a tank cried until the devs nerfed tank rounds so they wouldn't kill in one shot,now you want animations to help support that idiotic playstyle,this was done with two shot deci kills,surgile,jackhammer ammo boxes, the hotdrop animation and so many other things that I can't list them all.it was the same logic every time,it killed me so I want it nerfed,it was challenging so plz remove it SOE and this crap went on until the pops died

the end result was ppl quit playing, they got tired of watching the forum whiners and the devs destroy a game we all loved and moved on and left the game behind.

now i see the same type of thinking all over these forums before the game has even been played,the idea that the devs are reading this crap and might be paying attention is terrifying.
Maybe you could enlighten me on what empire sanc locked the other two first... OH MY GOD, IT WAS TR MARKOV.

Not one person in my outfit ever complained about things needing to be nerfed. We went toe to toe with you guys every time. While you were Reaver spamming and bailing out in agile, we were slamming bases four Galaxies deep with greater skill than you could ever hope for.

This back and forth bickering is getting us no where. Just prepare your anus for PS2. Hope to be the ones to slaughter your first hot drop attempt.

But like I said before, definitely going to spec in leadership.

Last edited by Jownzorz; 2011-07-25 at 04:44 PM.
Old 2011-07-25, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
ShowNoMercy
Corporal

I'm going to be a medic

This whole thread is off topic! shut it down!
Old 2011-07-25, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
well you keep thinking because it is truly entertaining reading the crap you invent,the idea that the TR were pushing anyone around is a joke.

if the TR were so good at beating on us then explain why the TR NEVER won an event on Markov,the NC swept every event held on the server,all the mono events, the run for guns events and the first rabbit events,your alliance got whipped every time.

I got my first cr5(NC) in july/03 in Ht,I then took over leadership of the outfit in sept/03 so I have been around since day one on Markov.

and if you were around for the takeover then you would know that I am the leader of that outfit too.

I have played this game with damn near every TR worth a shit on Markov and somehow none of these guys remember you.

as for Ht being a joke,I can't wait to show you who the joke is actually going to be on.

as for the crying, it will be just like the original,all you ppl will be on forums crying about crap that needs to nerfed or banned because it killed you and its not fair
its the same thing that happened the first time around,morons that want to rush a guy getting in a tank cried until the devs nerfed tank rounds so they wouldn't kill in one shot,now you want animations to help support that idiotic playstyle,this was done with two shot deci kills,surgile,jackhammer ammo boxes, the hotdrop animation and so many other things that I can't list them all.it was the same logic every time,it killed me so I want it nerfed,it was challenging so plz remove it SOE and this crap went on until the pops died

the end result was ppl quit playing, they got tired of watching the forum whiners and the devs destroy a game we all loved and moved on and left the game behind.

now i see the same type of thinking all over these forums before the game has even been played,the idea that the devs are reading this crap and might be paying attention is terrifying.
Okay, I gotta ask now. Is there a chance my membership in Ht might be reinstated?

Old 2011-07-26, 04:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #111
Baron
First Sergeant

Without any knowledge of how things will actually be, I'd say I would spec the following:

1) Gunner (Mustardseed driving the skyguard / tank )

2) Support Pilot (Gal, Lib, whatever multi-crew flying things are out there)
Old 2011-07-26, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #112
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

I think I'm going to spec leadership and whatever the equivalent of a mosquito will be in this game (where VTOL > scout aircraft).
I'd ideally be commanding an air cav platoon, but I'll probably cut my teeth showing people how PlanetSide is different to other FPSs, then moving up to air support/ air recon squads.
If I have the time making use of the new outfit mechanics would be awesome
Old 2011-07-26, 04:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #113
Aractain
Major

I love to AA. Theres nothing so satisfying as being so weak, so useless and actually taking down someone that likes to fly.

They will probably make it so that air can kill AA again but as long as my AA is fun - not lockon crap then Ill be happy with a few dead veterans.
Old 2011-07-27, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

I can't pick. I want to do all of the things.

Originally Posted by Quovatis View Post
Magrider and Lib pilot FTW.
But yeah, mostly those.
Old 2011-07-28, 01:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #115
Talon
Private

Originally Posted by LordReaver View Post
I will be in the role of fucking your shit up. Whatever that may turn out to be.
Amen to that! haha, I will be a sniper or just a vehicle driver what ever comes first.
Old 2011-07-28, 01:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #116
ECM
Private

ExpendableCrewMember here,
I plan to continue my play style from ps1, MI (mobile infantry) and also a MAX user.
Old 2011-07-28, 03:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #117
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Been thinking about it and if ground transport is something that you can actually specialize I may go that route. I always enjoyed hauling ass and dodging cannon fire.

If not that then part of me wants to do infil stuff again but the other part of me, the part that thinks they'll just screw infils up again, is going to go some sort of infrastructure support. Engi with all the bells and whistles. The hints and winks they gave when talking about towers makes me think engineers are going to be able to do some cool stuff out there.

This thread really got some dong waggling swagger for a while.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-07-28, 04:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #118
FuzzyLogic
Private

Unsure of precisely how the class system will be working but aiming to be a combat medic, possibly with some engineering thrown in to repair armour also.

A support grunt basically.
Old 2011-07-28, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #119
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ECM View Post
ExpendableCrewMember here,
I plan to continue my play style from ps1, MI (mobile infantry) and also a MAX user.
Likewise, with the added exception of being a pilot just to see how the new flight physics in game play out and if they are truly genuine..
Old 2011-07-29, 02:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #120
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Man, if the flight model is as "real" as they say I'll have to stay far away. Professional burning wreckage.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion