What I want to know about Stealthing - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Alright - Who put the itching powder in my suit?!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-17, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Moleculor
Sergeant

Well you still have cloud cover (meaning reduced visibility) and I said FULL ALERT meaning his 'jumpy' and 'twitchy' thing. Which would only happen if they KNEW someone was in the base.

And everyone seems to think that I'm looking to be some l33t stealth killer looking to score kills. Sorry, but I've never said that once.
Old 2003-03-17, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

So you're going to be on full alert 24/7? Wow. That's going to be some impressive outfits you've got going. Sorry, but if you don't know we're coming (the whole point of being a stealther) and we're smart enough not to be seen, you won't be 'jumpy' at all.
well, when we get buzzed by multiple galaxies, thats generally a clue to wake the fuck up, and if your coming in before you initiate the attack, well then your just gonna get owned by spitfires and i can split my garrison and half can go off and cap one of your bases.

and no, the consoles are all clustered together, because any base designer with his head out of his ass would know a simple trick like that and not put it in a situation like that, and even if they do, we can just blow the damn thing up so you can't use it
Actually, I thought vehicles HAD a set amount of ammo.
waht does that have to do with anything, Decimators are AT weapons, and since their man portable, their dirt cheap, s i can get a whole lot of them

Well as long as it's MOSTLY invisible, I'll be fuxx0ring happy! What I'm saying is is that the only example of 'shimmer' in the screenshots I've seen (I still haven't seen any movie with stealthers in it) is an ugly Tribes 2-esque cloud texture on domes 'n such. And that's not MOSTLY invisible, that's glaringly obvious.
Mostly hidden doesn't it cut it, all it takes is one guy to get suspicious

Oh, well they need to say that somewhere.
they do, lots of places, common sense is one of many, its an exoskelton, not a swimsuit, it takes up some space and is a bitch to put on

And who CARES if a Galaxy is combat ineffective. if you're carrying a full cargo, you don't want to put yourself into a position to shoot or be shot at.
thank you for taking 14 people out of the fight i can deal with at my leasure.

And you aren't falling several hundred feet per second, because of inertial dampeners
KENETIC dampners only kick in near the ground, and you might as well paint yourself neon blue because thats what you'll look like.

And if you're bunkering inside the building, you sure as hell ain't shooting at the people falling from the sky.
So, what, im not allowed to walk outside now, i can;t jump out once your recon ships finish a pass, open up with an AA MAX, kill one or two of the fallers and maybe a skeeter if your bored, then run back inside before they come back

Last edited by Incompetent; 2003-03-17 at 05:48 PM.
Old 2003-03-17, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Moleculor
Sergeant

well, when we get buzzed by multiple galaxies, thats generally a clue to wake the fuck up, and if your coming in before you initiate the attack, well then your just gonna get owned by spitfires and i can split my garrison and half can go off and cap one of your bases.
Oh. I'm sorry. Did I fail to describe the scenario TWICE for the dense non-readers here? Squad of cloaked people going in and taking out turrets/power BEFORE the airdrop. Does that help you understand?

and no, the consoles are all clustered together
HAH! No they aren't! They're scattered all over the base! Sure, there might be a few more near the respawn chambers, but there's no way they're going to force people to walk to a certain point in the base to get armor. It would be a strategic weakness. Either it's too far inside to grab armor for when you're entering the base, or it's too far outside when defending after respawning.

we can just blow the damn thing up so you can't use it
Sorry, but that won't work. Why do you think NTUs are used up faster in a battle? Auto-repair systems, that repair things very slowly. And not only that, but not everyone will appreciate having their consoles blown up. And not only THAT, but you'll accrue grief points for blowing up your own consoles. Sorry, but you won't be able to deny access like that.

waht does that have to do with anything, Decimators are AT weapons, and since their man portable, their dirt cheap, s i can get a whole lot of them
Well then why the hell did you bring up vehicles using NTUs instead of bullets (which they don't)?

Mostly hidden doesn't it cut it
Sure it does for someone who's intelligent.

they do, lots of places, common sense is one of many, its an exoskelton, not a swimsuit, it takes up some space and is a bitch to put on
If you're -only- going off of common sense, then I want you to find a link, because the way lockers store things is through nanite deconstruction, which SAVES space like a crazy-mofo.

thank you for taking 14 people out of the fight i can deal with at my leasure.

Can you be any more dense? You fly high till you're over the base, drop your people and THEN you can go on strafing runs. How hard is this to understand?

KENETIC dampners only kick in near the ground, and you might as well paint yourself neon blue because thats what you'll look like.
Kinetic, inertial, same result. Besides, once you're low enough for them to kick in, you'll be obvious enough from firing. Your point is?

So, what, im not allowed to walk outside now, i can;t jump out once your recon ships finish a pass, open up with an AA MAX, kill one or two of the fallers and maybe a skeeter if your bored, then run back inside before they come back
Riiiiight. Recon ships? Try ships with guns. And those tanks are going to be firing just nicely. Every second you hide in the base is a second those MAXes get closer to the ground. Every second you take in shooting down the mosquitos, or trying to take out the tanks (BTW, you might just have to go running to a console just to get the weaponry to do this with, so that'll take longer, assuming the power isn't already out) is time the MAXes and other units have to hit the dirt.
Old 2003-03-17, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

ok, lets pick, are you cloakers coming in after the assault, before the assault or during the assault, because we have already esablished that if you come in alone, i can just let the turrets have you. If they are coming in afterwards, im just gonna shoot you on accident

HAH! No they aren't! They're scattered all over the base!
In groups, not off by themselves, and in strategic locations benificial to ME, no doubt

Auto-repair systems, that repair things very slowly
you can turn them off

If you're -only- going off of common sense, then I want you to find a link,
i'm not doing your fucking research for you, anyone, even the greenest person here could tell you that lockers don't hold armor.

Can you be any more dense? You fly high till you're over the base, drop your people and THEN you can go on strafing runs.
ok, so you said run away and keep your people safe, now there ejecting as he heads up and any galaxy pilot to stupid not to run away when he gets shot at deserves what he gets

Riiiiight. Recon ships? Try ships with guns
Role: Light Attack & Recon
Primary Weapon: Light Rotary Chaingun
and you think a MAX will give a damn while you shoot at it.

Every second you take in shooting down the mosquitos, or trying to take out the tanks
Decimators Dumbfuck

Every second you hide in the base is a second those MAXes get closer to the ground.
Now that the majority of your forces are dead, i doubt ill have a problem with a few straglers

Last edited by Incompetent; 2003-03-17 at 06:37 PM.
Old 2003-03-17, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Moleculor
Sergeant

ok, lets pick, are you cloakers coming in after the assault, before the assault or during the assault, because we have already esablished that if you come in alone, i can just let the turrets have you. If they are coming in afterwards, im just gonna shoot you on accident
As I said on page TWO of this thread (you weren't paying attention), BEFORE the assault. And I'm assuming there are ways around the motion sensors, as if their aren't, my previous statement about stealth not being stealthy still stands, and I won't be playing.

In groups, not off by themselves, and in strategic locations benificial to ME, no doubt
Even in groups there will be some by the alternate entrances 'n such. With the size of these bases, there will ALWAYS be an unguarded station or two. And strategic is strategic is strategic. You're going to need stations near the bottom of the base for when you're leaving, and stations near the top when you notice an attack and have to duck inside to get gear.

you can turn them off
So? You still have the problem with grief points (I would LOVE to hear that someone got banned from the game from destroying consoles!) and other players not liking you destroying consoles (and thereby reporting you to the CSRs).

i'm not doing your fucking research for you, anyone, even the greenest person here could tell you that lockers don't hold armor.
Well then lockers probably -can- contain armors. In fact, I'm pretty sure they do, as it's been stated that if you are prepared, loss of power won't hamper you because you'll have decent amounts of equipment and armor in your locker.

ok, so you said run away and keep your people safe, now there ejecting as he heads up and any galaxy pilot to stupid not to run away when he gets shot at deserves what he gets
Who said -anything- about running away? I said out of range! There's a difference. High enough to avoid most fire, or low enough to come up over the wall before you get a chance to lock onto it.

Role: Light Attack & Recon
Primary Weapon: Light Rotary Chaingun
and you think a MAX will give a damn while you shoot at it.
Quite possibly. Besides, if you happen to be lucky enough to be in a AA MAX when my bombs go off, then you're just lucky I guess. With good organization, that Galaxy should be along 15-30 seconds after your generator goes down. Not nearly enough time to get an AA MAX from your locker (if you even can/have one).

Decimators Dumbfuck
Psh. And? If you think that Verant is going to be stupid enough to make sure there are no one-shot weapons for infantry, yet they're going to include them for vehicles, well, 'dumbfuck'.... you just might have another thing coming.

Now that the majority of your forces are dead, i doubt ill have a problem with a few straglers
Mmmhm. Suuure. Dead huh?
Old 2003-03-17, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

As I said on page TWO of this thread (you weren't paying attention), BEFORE the assault. And I'm assuming there are ways around the motion sensors, as if their aren't, my previous statement about stealth not being stealthy still stands, and I won't be playing.
ok, so stop acting like their gonna do something, cause their all dead, i might not have my entire base on alert, but im gonna have a sentry with darklight or six making sure you don't pull a stupid trick like this, and the second they move at any faster then walking pace, your gonna have a shitload of turrets to deal with, and if you don't well, target practice.

So? You still have the problem with grief points
your not gonna get banned over tking a console, and i doubt the garrison is gonna be to pissed off at what their commanding officer orders them to do something that makes tactical sense, also, you have a flawed understanding of the grief system, so why not pay attention to what happens before a ban.

Well then lockers probably -can- contain armors. In fact, I'm pretty sure they do, as it's been stated that if you are prepared, loss of power won't hamper you because you'll have decent amounts of equipment and armor in your locker.
Too stupid to deserve even this

Who said -anything- about running away? I said out of range! There's a difference. High enough to avoid most fire,
Most fire is not AA MAXs, you can't get away from them by going up

Besides, if you happen to be lucky enough to be in a AA MAX when my bombs go off,
your bombs are never going off, we already established that all your cloakers are dead and we are now fully alert, I.E. AA MAXs and heavy infantry on the walls. I.E. dead Galaxies

Psh. And? If you think that Verant is going to be stupid enough to make sure there are no one-shot weapons for infantry
Thats why i use more then one of them, and thats not even considering the fun i could have with AT MAXs, Strikers, Rocklets, Thumpers and Punishers.

Last edited by Incompetent; 2003-03-17 at 07:15 PM.
Old 2003-03-17, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Agent
Corporal

Wow this ridiculous flaming needs to stop now.
Old 2003-03-17, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Moleculor
Sergeant

ok, so stop acting like their gonna do something, cause their all dead, i might not have my entire base on alert, but im gonna have a sentry with darklight or six making sure you don't pull a stupid trick like this, and the second they move at any faster then walking pace, your gonna have a shitload of turrets to deal with, and if you don't well, target practice.
That's why you don't move faster than a walk. Duh.

You know what? Fuck this. You're going to constantly assume that stealth sucks, and I will talk from a point of view where stealth is good enough for me to play, and we'll get nowhere. I still say that with a good -balanced- stealth system my stealthers would NOT be dead, and you would be out of power AND turrets.

your not gonna get banned over tking a console, and i doubt the garrison is gonna be to pissed off at what their commanding officer orders them to do something that makes tactical sense, also, you have a flawed understanding of the grief system, so why not pay attention to what happens before a ban.
Uh, hello? You TK stuff enough and your grief points will accumulate. Period. Eventually you'll lose the ability to fire. And you do it enough, someone will pick up on it and they'll ban you. I seriously doubt that Verant is going to be stupid enough not to have a human element monitoring TKing, and there will be the people that TK enough to not -quite- hit grief levels, and they will have to find a solution for those people, probably involving if you hit a certain level a certain number of times, it starts bumping up to higher levels (like the UO murder system where turning red five times makes you perma-red... if that's still how they do it, that is).
Old 2003-03-17, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

That's why you don't move faster than a walk
like i said, target practice. prove to me that its not worthless for anything but scouting.

I still say that with a good -balanced- stealth system my stealthers would NOT be dead, and you would be out of power AND turrets.
your walking through a minefield laced with boomers, Spitfires, motion sensors and regular sentry patrols, if you walk, the sentries slaughter you and tell everyone, if you run, the turrets slaughter you and tell everyone. You jump, you get a nice blue arrow pointing at you, how the hell are you getting in.

Uh, hello? You TK stuff enough and your grief points will accumulate. Period. Eventually you'll lose the ability to fire. And you do it enough, someone will pick up on it and they'll ban you.
Reread the section on greif, its all automated and it goes away over time, i can just have a different person kill each one, they'll have a few grief points, but they won't give a damn because they would be gone within the day, and any human would side with me that it makes tactical sense to spike something that you cannot defend and deny it's use to the enemy.
Old 2003-03-17, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Hamma
PSU Admin

Lets tone it down here please. Thx in advance

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-03-17, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

bah, its over anyway, he abdicated, i just put the last nail into the coffin because i wanted it good and buried, didn't want anyone trying to restart it.
Old 2003-03-17, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Moleculor
Sergeant

Abdicated? No, just being smart. You're refusing to see possibilities because of a self-professed hatred you have of stealth systems.

prove to me that its not worthless for anything but scouting.
Ok. When the game comes out with a decent, workable stealth system, I will.

Reread the section on greif, its all automated and it goes away over time
/report Incompetent

^ Simple. Human.
Old 2003-03-17, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Sputty
Banned

Molecular, now you're just resorting to flaming so I think Incompetent did bury this.
Old 2003-03-17, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

/report Incompetent
yeah, like they would let you report your enemies

Abdicated? No, just being smart. You're refusing to see possibilities because of a self-professed hatred you have of stealth systems.
and with your self-professed love you can't see their glaring vulnerabilities in combat. Their job is to watch, nothing more, nothing less, and they do a kickass job at it, so don't mess with what they do

edit: He wants to keep it going, im not running from a winning position sputty

Last edited by Incompetent; 2003-03-17 at 07:49 PM.
Old 2003-03-17, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Moleculor
Sergeant

yeah, like they would let you report your enemies
And you don't think the people in your empire won't be reporting you for destroying the very consoles they want to use?! I know I would!

and with your self-professed love you can't see their glaring vulnerabilities in combat. Their job is to watch, nothing more, nothing less, and they do a kickass job at it, so don't mess with what they do
Um... Hello? As the devs 'n such have described the infiltrator, it is designed to be used as anything like stealth sabotage 'n such. Which means they can get into bases, evade your precious 'patrols' and 'sentries' (which, by the way, assumes a perfect patrol system working 24/7 with enough people at the exact right times. Your defense assumes perfection at all times. All we need perfection for is 20 or so minutes.).

And Sputty? Everyone is flaming.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion