What I want to know about Stealthing - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So if I press the self-destruct button like so.....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-19, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Moleculor
Sergeant

Because you're talking about 10K+ people, of which a good 8K or so don't care about your precious strategies or tactical strength, and will want working consoles in every base.

Unless you intend to get yourself, and fourty or fifty of your buddies to EXCLUSIVELY take over a base, denying or controlling access to it's facilities and grounds to anyone, whether friend or foe, you will not be able to maintain a base with only partially working consoles, as some 'helpful' soul will go around repairing them when you're not looking.

And when those people not in on your strategy, or those who just want to play to have fun, and don't care (or don't comprehend) such things as denying access to things that can be used against you see you employing your precious 'scorched earth' strategy, they will report you to the Devs as being a griefer who's trying to get around the automated rules, and you stand a chance at being banned for TKing consoles for 'strategic' purposes (because if Verant didn't intend for those consoles to be used, they wouldn't have put them there, and by destroying them, you not only are attempting to alter the balance they have put in place, you're also draining your own team's NTU supplies faster than they should be, both of which could be considered either exploiting, or griefing).

On top of that, if you concentrate all the working consoles in the basement of your base, we can do a surprise strike against your base (after scouting it out with stealthers) and by the time you run downstairs, grab your gear for defense, and run back upstairs, we're already inside your base, repairing and using your consoles against you.
Old 2003-03-19, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

ok, the fucking thread was dead, but here is the ONLY situation that any of the outlined scenarios could take place, an outfit, lets say it's mine, takes over a base, we wait the 15 minutes for it to turn, and no counterattack comes, so we KNOW a fight is on the way, we're all alert, we all know its coming, and we all know how the commader thinks, so if he says consolidate to this, this and this console cluster and spike this one, they will do it. If you don't counter-attack within maybe an hour, were gonna move on and i don't give a shit if your precious stealths spearhead the cap, because their will only be around a squad of people providing security, and a balanced squad could do it twice as fast and give my empire less warning that we need to run their. Now, read up about the grief system, how your inventory works and how lockers work, and im going to request this thread is locked/deleted.
Old 2003-03-19, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Moleculor
Sergeant

Umm... Only possible times the scenarios can take place? Sorry, but that's just not true. I can, as the whim takes me, pop into a stealth suit, sneak into a base, grab a MAX, and waste five or so people at my leisure. Sure, I'll die eventually (or run away), but that's five or so people worth of BEP.

And I know how the griefing system works. Do you SERIOUSLY think they won't have a human element to step in when someone is doing things that ruin the 'fun' of the game, but don't involve killing people? Like, for example, stalking someone, or harrassing them, or... say.... blowing up friendly consoles?
Old 2003-03-19, 12:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Umm... Only possible times the scenarios can take place?
every scenario outlined here has around 100 people per side, so yeah, thats the only time its ever gonna take place, any other time you can go in and kill a few people who are respawning, but you could do it twice as well if you just went in with a MAX in the first place. You can argue you excel at small scale ops, but i can argue ANYTHING can excel in a small scale op, and do it better then a stealth, since they don't have to worry about getting owned even someone even thinks they might have seen them
Old 2003-03-19, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Moleculor
Sergeant

every scenario outlined here has around 100 people per side
Umm.. No.

Allow me to quote from page TWO.

Psh. Or you sneak in, hack a locker, grab an AI MAX, and waste people.
It's mentioned in various other parts of this thread as well. You need to think beyond base capturing. Sure, that's the ultimate goal in this game, but it would help advancement in certifications greatly if you could sneak in and waste people when there ISN'T a battle going on.

And no, you couldn't do it twice as well if you went in with a MAX in the first place, as you'd be stopped before you got deep enough. Or even to the front door.
Old 2003-03-19, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

allow me to quote from, well, whever, its everywhere anyway
YOU CAN'T GET MAXES OUT OF LOCKERS, the inventory system does NOT work that way.
And no, you couldn't do it twice as well if you went in with a MAX in the first place, as you'd be stopped before you got deep enough. Or even to the front door.
If people are alert to stealths, and given the saturation of the community by them, they will almost always be, a stealth has even less of a chance of making it through the door
You need to think beyond base capturing, but it would help advancement in certifications greatly if you could sneak in and waste people when there ISN'T a battle going on.
That doesn't accomplish anything tho, they'll just respawn a few seconds later and moan about stealthers for a few minutes, then go on they're way to do something else. Will it be annoying, and will it be an effective delaying tactic, yes. Would a MAX do a better job in both instances, probably. And as for certs, if you want those just join a platoon, head for a battle, and start shooting, your BEPs will accumeulate at an exponentially faster rate.

edit: and seriously, let the thread die, we've both alienated any undecideds by now and we're making ourselves look like idiots, it's never gonna end if we don't just agree to disagree, and see how it all turns out in a few months.
Old 2003-03-19, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Moleculor
Sergeant

I wasn't TALKING about lockers, I was talking about solo suicide missions. I don't care if lockers can hold armor or not, the point is, you can sneak into a base, change your armor SOMEHOW, and then start killing people for BEP.

If people are alert to stealths, and given the saturation of the community by them, they will almost always be, a stealth has even less of a chance of making it through the door
Wrong. They can't see me coming, I don't show up on radar, and I use an entrance outside of a base's walls. (Such as the one >>>here<<<. Notice he's outside the base, looking AWAY from the base, and zoomed in a good ways. That alternate entrance is a goodly ways outside of the base. Which means it's either going to be undefended, or you're going to need a LOT of people to defend the base (which must be HUGE if the basement reaches out that far) and that entrance. And since you'll need a lot of people, it won't be defended, because this is an online game with people who don't care that much when the base isn't under attack.)

If they don't know I'm coming, then they won't catch me. If I'm in a MAX, they'll see me coming long before I get to an entrance.

That doesn't accomplish anything tho, they'll just respawn a few seconds later and moan about stealthers for a few minutes, then go on they're way to do something else.

Ok, you didn't take my advice. THINK OUTSIDE OF CAPPING BASES!

Won't serve a purpose? HELLO?! BEP! You get BEP for killing people! You manage to entrench yourself well enough in an enemy base with a MAX, and you can earn a lot of BEP before someone takes you out (probably with a rocket launcher).
Old 2003-03-19, 01:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Wrong. They can't see me coming, I don't show up on radar, and I use an entrance outside of a base's walls
you missed the entire point of what i said, everyone will be expecting you, everyone will be alert, because every other person wants to be a stealther.
Won't serve a purpose? HELLO?! BEP! You get BEP for killing people! You manage to entrench yourself well enough in an enemy base with a MAX,
And as for certs, if you want those just join a platoon, head for a battle, and start shooting, your BEPs will accumeulate at an exponentially faster rate.
seriously, let the thread die, we've both alienated any undecideds by now and we're making ourselves look like idiots, it's never gonna end if we don't just agree to disagree, and see how it all turns out in a few months.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion