Wow. This place really died, eh? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a pirates life for me!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2014-09-28, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Wow. This place really died, eh?

I haven't really played in eons, but I periodically read about the game here and there and I've played a few minutes a couple times in the last year or so. I thought that was just me, but given how few servers are in the game and the lack of activity here, I guess it's not just me.

It's really sad to come here and see the board and site is practically at a stand still compared to the year leading up to beta and year after release. I guess most folks have moved on. And moving on is fine, there's lots of stuff out there to do!

Personally, I stopped posting here when the ratio of trolling asshats to intelligent people took a massive turn for the worst. Who needs that in their life? And I gave up on playing the game, because every time I tried either my hits didn't register or people/vehicles teleported all over the screen, making it literally impossible to play. If ya can't play, why play, right?

Anyhow, thanks for all the time and effort you guys put in over the years, Hamma and the gang. It was some good times.

Last edited by Tatwi; 2014-09-29 at 05:36 PM. Reason: sig
Old 2014-09-29, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Wow. This place really died, eh?

The devs moved their attention to reddit and everything else kind of left with them.

I personally dislike Reddit.

Old 2014-09-29, 07:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
The devs moved their attention to reddit and everything else kind of left with them.

I personally dislike Reddit.
Yea, reddit is pretty horrible for conversations. I think the reason is that there is nothing left to discuss.

I mean since the beginning the purpose of here was to influence the devs and it worked for a time and in part but now I think they're just going there own way. Perhaps rather I think they know what they want to do and don't particularly want the type of input that would interest me.

I think what we have in PS2 is what we're going to get, new weapons here and there or vehicles or camos but that's it, whether it be because that's what they want to do or they can't actually do more I don't know.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2014-09-29, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

The devs moved their attention to reddit
Not entirely true. Just sayin'
Old 2014-09-29, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Seems dead to me. Used to be you'd at least get a reply the day you post something. It did devolve a lot into critical trolls, though, that would have rather flamed and put people down for their ideas than suggest ideas that can actually improve the game.
Old 2014-09-29, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by CyclesMcHurtz View Post
/wave

Nice to see you around. Keeping yourself busy I would assume. The game plays about as good as it ever has for me, so thanks for that. I got some micro stuttering which made it feel like I was running in sand (and killed mouse movement), oddly only on the Emerald server, when I played the past couple days so... back to work for you!

And yeah, I have to agree ringring, Reddit is the poster child for how not to make a threaded multi user bulletin board. Compared to PhpBB, VBulletin, Lithium, and even Wordpress, navigating Reddit comments leaves a lot to be desired. That said, the Reddit in Motion app I have for my Blackberry is well laid out and easy to use so I use it rather than the website now (for reading, I don't post there - I have/did, but I deleted it as it's not my cup of tea).

Anyhow, are Hamma and the Dragonwolves still around? And I wonder what Balti, Figment, SKYeXile, Mastachief, SuperMorto, Graywolves, EVILPIG... and so many other PSU folks are up to these days.
Old 2014-09-29, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Just because PSU sends you a notification when Baneblade needs to be learnt a lesson in talking about the devs, doesn't make it false.

I need a better place to talk about H1Z1 than Reddit.

Old 2014-09-29, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Not a fan of Reddit either. Been forcing myself to go to the Official forums but we all know how big of a cluster that is. I refuse to touch reddit though so for the time being I'll just listen to all the server QQ. I wouldn't take forum standstill as an indicative of PS2 being dead though. Majority of players barely even touch the forums to begin with.
Old 2014-09-29, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

I have no idea on how to use Reddit and so I don't even touch it. The few time that I do, I'll go to it and do a search for something like PlanetSide 2 and all it dose is list all the threads that are PS2 related leaving me sitting there thinking how the hell dose anyone keep track of threads with this??

Old 2014-09-30, 05:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by Vanir View Post
I have no idea on how to use Reddit and so I don't even touch it. The few time that I do, I'll go to it and do a search for something like PlanetSide 2 and all it dose is list all the threads that are PS2 related leaving me sitting there thinking how the hell dose anyone keep track of threads with this??
it's www.reddit.com/r/planetside for PS2 stuff.
Old 2014-09-30, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

After checking reddit out a bit i just find it to be an inferior way of communication as opposed to a traditional forum like this; No proper structure with subforums, circlejerk post-voting that makes entire postings that don't conform to the hivemind not show up, and an overall tone and style i just find displeasing. Not to mention all the nonsense (What are karma points and why would you need them for communication? Why are they constantly trying to sell me shit on there?) It really just looks like a fad to me with no benefit at all over traditional forums.

PSU on the other hand was the place where the PS1 vets went, and since PS2 still doesn't deliver anything beyond TDM/Domination on a couple of "maps" (I refuse to call those disconnected out-of-bounds things continents) i guess most of the PSU users moved on.
Old 2014-09-30, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Reddit is an interesting beast, but if you don't have any luck and get a thread seen by people who like it first you never get a reply.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2014-09-30, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

Just because PSU sends you a notification when Baneblade needs to be learnt a lesson in talking about the devs, doesn't make it false.

I need a better place to talk about H1Z1 than Reddit.
Hey, that's not how it works!

(that's exactly how it works)
Old 2014-10-01, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Hey, that's not how it works!

(that's exactly how it works)
/salute Tom

How's it going in the land of zombies?
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2014-10-01, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
/salute Tom

How's it going in the land of zombies?
It is going rather undeadly ... is that a word? Getting zombie hugs and everything!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion