Nerf the NC MAX. - Page 14 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Getting us dumped by our girlfreinds since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-12, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #196
WarbirdTD
Corporal

Re: Nerf the NC MAX.

The most infuriating thing is going through a door in a Bio Lab (Yes, you do have to do that to reach base objectives), and being instakilled by hacksaws because someone managed to push the left and right mouse buttons at the same time. You're telling me that this isn't ridiculous in your eyes? There are entire facilities that are designed to force point blank fighting, and you're trying to tell me not to go within 15 meters of an NC MAX? If fair's fair, we take all control points and generators OUT of the buildings in a bio lab.

But how about an easier solution... Decrease the hacksaw's damage so that it at least has to refire to kill someone with a dual hacksaw setup. Three shots instead of two and I might be able to get off my grenade that I started throwing from the other side of the door. It's an additional half-second, but I think you'll see a change from the standard 40 hacksaw maxes and 10 engineers camping a bio lab just because they can. Maybe it'll promote playing the game, instead of camping/farming doorways and corners.

And then there's the third option, if you don't like changing base layouts, and you don't want your precious hacksaws slightly nerfed from being instagib. Let TR and VS buy Hacksaws for their MAXes. I love this option, because I know how you NC love to cry OP, so the best way to show you how brutally overpowered your crap is would be to let us have it too. What's the harm there? And don't give me some bullshit lore excuse for a competitive game like this.

Also, can TR and VS PLEASE get a direct copy of the Gauss SAW (you know, the only 200 dpb LMG in the game?) so we can fill up hallways with ridiculous amounts of damage? I'm willing to trade my T9 CARV, TMG-50, and first-born child for it. Didn't Higby say a long time ago that each empire could change or buy weapons that performed just like another empire's weapon to avoid balance problems/questions? What happened to that?
Old 2013-02-12, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #197
Boomzor
Staff Sergeant

Re: Nerf the NC MAX.

Originally Posted by WarbirdTD View Post
Didn't Higby say a long time ago that each empire could change or buy weapons that performed just like another empire's weapon to avoid balance problems/questions? What happened to that?
He never said that.

What he did say was that you can gear your arsenal towards the other empire characteristics, but never to the extent to equal them in that regard.

How close that statement is to reality can be debated tho.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion