I'm deconstructing every vehicle I'm in before it dies. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ( . )( . ) BOOBS!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-22, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
MyOdessa
Private

Re: I'm deconstructing every vehicle I'm in before it dies.

I now de-construct all my vehicles as a protest for nerfing tank guns, while giving infantry more AV weapons and increasing bounty on tanks.
I don't fly, so ESF/Libs don't apply.
Old 2013-03-22, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Assist
Contributor
Major

A lot of people in here have mentioned bailing.. I don't have an issue with bailing. It's a legitimate tactic in PS2. When I fly my ESF I play Light Assault not Engineer because I run the Nanite repair thing. That way when I'm about to die/burning I can hop out and use my jump pack to float to safety.

I think one thing that should be considered in PS2 is putting a penalty on suicides. There's very few reasons to suicide that are not related to being a douche. I think a simple fix would be to increase the respawn timer for suicide deaths by a huge amount. Maybe 30-45 seconds or even up to 2 minutes. It will help with the suicide claymore/prox mine chargers in bio labs, most air vehicle bailers, and probably in other scenarios I'm forgetting. The impact on the honest player won't be that much, because usually they're suiciding to respawn at a completely different area or if they're stuck somewhere.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-03-22 at 02:10 PM.
Old 2013-03-22, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Kail
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
There's very few reasons to suicide that are not related to being a douche.

Where does running into something with your ESF trying to escape to safety fall in that spectrum? Or thinking you were low enough and slow enough to eject safely?

>.>

<.<

Not that I'm that bad of a pilot or anything. But Im sure some people are.
Old 2013-03-22, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Silent Thunder
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kail View Post
Where does running into something with your ESF trying to escape to safety fall in that spectrum? Or thinking you were low enough and slow enough to eject safely?

>.>

<.<

Not that I'm that bad of a pilot or anything. But Im sure some people are.
He means using the /suicide command.
Old 2013-03-22, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
bjorntju1
Captain

I encountered it also today. I almost got an galaxy down, and just as it was about to explode he deconstructed it. Fucking pathetic, but it also shouldn't be possible. Tbh I don't see the point in deconstructing vehicles anyway. But if they keep it in make it so you can't deconstruct a vehicle with has been damaged in the last 20-30 seconds. And if you are going to deconstruct it, put it on a timer of about 20 seconds before it is gone.
Old 2013-03-22, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

There's very few reasons to suicide that are not related to being a douche.
There are not very few reasons, there IS NOT A SINGLE REASON to use /suicide because there is a "redeploy" button. It's ONLY use is for either denying other people xp or going around the redeploy timer - both not very good reasons to have such a feature.
Seriously, i begin to think it's just a beta command the devs forgot to remove. Just today i saw a broadcast in game: "If you are falling below the game world, use redeploy".
So even for the ONLY situation in which /suicide would make any sense the devs advise using "redeploy". What the...

Anyways, from now on i will use both of these commands whenever possible, and i encourage everyone else to do so too. Maybe if enough people get pissed off by this something gets done.
Oh, and its very easy too; First thing to do after logging in is to one time /suicide, so that you only need to hit "enter", "up", "enter" to quickly (ab-)use it.

Last edited by Babyfark McGeez; 2013-03-22 at 03:13 PM.
Old 2013-03-22, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
phungus
Master Sergeant

Keep in mind a game engine cannot take into account player intent and emotions.

What is the difference, from a gameplay perspective, of bailing/crashing and deconing if the end result is XP denial to an enemy?

If you can still bail/crash to deny XP I gauruntee everyone deconing now is just going to start crashing intentionally like I already do if deconing is fixed and bailing/crashing isn't.
Old 2013-03-22, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Mustakrakish
Corporal

Am I the only one who isn't bothered by deconstructs? Yeah, it's a douchey thing to do, but either way I've accomplished my objective of getting rid of the enemy vehicle. That's the satisfying part; the XP is just a nice bonus. Either way, I avoid deconstructing just to spite people and deny them the XP.

In my opinion, the devs ought to add some conditions to when it's possible to deconstruct a vehicle. That ought to keep the positive sides of the feature (e.g. reducing clutter, not giving away an Infiltrator), while reducing the its negatives (i.e. trolling potential).
  1. The vehicle cannot have suffered any damage within the last ~5-10 seconds. Any damage inflicted on the vehicle during the deconstruction process will halt it immediately.
  2. The vehicle must be stationary in order to initiate deconstruction.
  3. A vehicle cannot be deconstructed while it is Deployed (AMS Sunderer, Anchor Mode Prowler, etc.)

Last edited by Mustakrakish; 2013-03-22 at 04:44 PM.
Old 2013-03-22, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by phungus View Post
If you can still bail/crash to deny XP I gauruntee everyone deconing now is just going to start crashing intentionally like I already do if deconing is fixed and bailing/crashing isn't.
If you were damaging a vehicle and it crashes and explodes you at least get assist XP. If it's decon'd before it crashes, you get nothing.
Old 2013-03-22, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
phungus
Master Sergeant

If you were damaging a vehicle and it crashes and explodes you at least get assist XP. If it's decon'd before it crashes, you get nothing.
Yes because getting 500-800XP is at all comperable to 25-50XP.

Please be reasonable if you are trying to make a point.
Old 2013-03-22, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

Suiciding to avoid letting the other guy have any points is a tradition as old as DOOM.

That being said it is damn annoying when someone decons a galaxy...
Old 2013-03-22, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
phungus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
Oh, and its very easy too; First thing to do after logging in is to one time /suicide, so that you only need to hit "enter", "up", "enter" to quickly (ab-)use it.
Does this work for deconstructing too?
Old 2013-03-22, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Originally Posted by phungus View Post
Does this work for deconstructing too?
I don't think so. Can't hurt to try it out though.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion