Command chat, and why it really needs to be changed. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Signatures Are For Weeners.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-13, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Strategy
Private

Re: Command chat, and why it really needs to be changed.

I watch Buzz's stream fairly often, and I was a little surprised to see this. He's usually more composed.
Old 2013-01-13, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Illtempered
First Sergeant

lol...he trolled himself there by raging. Buzz's tactics and strategy are usually pretty sound....his mind is not. But honestly, does that behavior deserve a ban? I think the solution on our end would be to mute him. I've heard much more offensive things in-game.

The solution on the devs end would be to separate SL chat and Command chat, the way it was in Planetside. No offense to small outfit/squads, but being in a 2-person squad should not put you in command chat. Then I wouldn't have to constantly ask "who has at least one full squad" on "leader" chat.
Old 2013-01-13, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Illtempered View Post
The solution on the devs end would be to separate SL chat and Command chat, the way it was in Planetside. No offense to small outfit/squads, but being in a 2-person squad should not put you in command chat. Then I wouldn't have to constantly ask "who has at least one full squad" on "leader" chat.
Exactly why I said what I said in the beginning of the previous page.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-01-13, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
KaskaMatej
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Illtempered View Post
But honestly, does that behavior deserve a ban?
"We will not tolerate bigots, homophobes, racists, anti-semites or people being basic asshats in our game. If we catch you doing any of that you're gone. I've read a great deal about The Enclave and seen enough to make me make this general comment - if I see any of this behavior whatsoever in the game I will personally ban anyone doing it. I will do it publicly and I will do it loudly and as broadly as I can possibly make happen. Go play another game if you want to act like a jerk. We don't need or want your business."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...hones_racists/

A post from John Smedley himself.
Old 2013-01-13, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Javelin
Private

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
The founder of Reddit recently hanged himself.
Which changes nothing in the context of this discussion.
Old 2013-01-13, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

I cant believe it, but Smed actually did something I agree with and support.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-01-13, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
TotalEclipse
Private

This is quite simply a mentally unstable single Dad taking his frustrations out on Planetside. I don't think it warrants a change at all.

On Briggs the commander channel is used pretty well, I've heard a couple of arguments between idiots but 99% of the time it's used very efficiently. I don't think he really bothered anyone, he just made himself and his outfit look like a joke, if someone is spamming any form of voice chat in-game it's very easy to mute them.
Old 2013-01-13, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Oryon22
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/290265857911828481

I cant believe it, but Smed actually did something I agree with and support.
Haha

Old 2013-01-13, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Illtempered
First Sergeant

It's good to know there are cheaters using hacks around, but Smed himself takes the time to personally warn somebody for being "a basic asshat."

I know BCP has a controversial history. I was basing my judgement on the rant in this thread alone. I didn't hear any racism or bigotry in that video. I heard him being a basic asshat. For one, that's too general, and ambiguous. If we banned everybody who was a basic asshat there would be nothing to shoot at.

All we have to do with Buzz is point and laugh, or mute him; problem solved. Worry about the cheaters using hacks that make your "security" look like a joke, first, SOE. Are they not breaking your rules and the LAW?

Last edited by Illtempered; 2013-01-13 at 02:20 PM.
Old 2013-01-13, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Assist
Contributor
Major

Some of you seem to have this misunderstanding that I play on that server, lol. I've never played against or with BuzzcutPsycho and really have no idea nor care who he is. I went to a video link of a guy acting like a child and it's hilarious to me that some of you would defend him. Sure everyone in the game could mute him, or SoE could just mute him. He deserves it. There are players like this on every server I've messed around on so far. Waterson has them, Mattherson has them, and Connery has them. I'm not saying the chats need to be monitored, I'm saying they need better controls for those in the chat to use. If some guy is being a complete asshat and trolling, then there should be a way for the rest of leader to have him muted globally. The reason I say this is we've had hackers on Waterson using /orders to promote their hacking websites. If there were other ways to control this besides the random GM appearance, then as a community the server could deal with these fuckups.

As for the c4 exploit, he mentioned it on his stream the one time I was watching and admitted that Enclave had used it to hold Eisa. They used it three different times in one night to keep the base. If I had any idea how to find the video I would, if it's recorded somewhere.

Also, for the guy who said he's a solid fps player: Please watch him stream? Maybe my standards are too high for PS2. Or better yet, maybe I need to go grab a squad of medics and scream at them every time I die.

For those who missed it the first time around, this thread is not about a specific player but about a system in the game that is used improperly daily. It is certainly used correctly sometimes, but more often then not the /orders given out on any given day are either horrible or have no bearing on the game.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-01-13 at 02:45 PM.
Old 2013-01-13, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Cyridius
Private

@Assist

"I've never played against or with BuzzcutPsycho and really have no idea nor care who he is"

Followed by:

"he mentioned it on his stream the one time I was watching "

"Please watch him stream? Maybe my standards are too high for PS2. Or better yet, maybe I need to go grab a squad of medics and scream at them every time I die."

"It's funny too, if you watch his stream, he's easily the worst player I've seen streaming."

Seems like you know who he is just fine.

The bias is strong in this one. I hope you learn rage exercises, because if you're this bad you're always gonna be mad.

Okay, so in this thread thus far, I've read:

Put Buzz through a saw mill
Put a Bullet in Buzz's face

"I dont know anything about 'Buzz' beyond this video.
What I do know is hes the stereotypical self centered, self entitled attention whore."

Ohhh this is a good one I've seen, not in this thread though, but a leader of a reputable outfit.
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4909/14686424.jpg

Yeah PS Community. You're making a good case for yourselves.

Now watch while nobody gives a shit because it's not Buzz.

Last edited by Cyridius; 2013-01-13 at 03:33 PM.
Old 2013-01-13, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Illtempered
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
Cheyne is GOON! the online Nazi lovers. Smed just got trolled!

GOON feels troll tactics to take out an enemy is acceptable, that is how they
sabotaged BoB on EVE. Smed you dumb motherfucker you just got rick rolled.

https://twitter.com/Cheyne10/status/288010850424463360
*facepalm*

Last edited by Illtempered; 2013-01-13 at 03:33 PM.
Old 2013-01-13, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Dkamanus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
5 man squad cannot. Just for comparison, few minutes ago we were holding Eisa Horizontal Gen with 11 people against a massive VS zerg. Once our number dried up to 5 we pretty much lost it.

2-6 people squad cannot impact the battlefild when it comes to fighting, that's the poiint. As for ghostcapping and fighting a 5v5 skirmishes on BL4 Crash, they do not exactly contribute much, since their effort gets instantly neutralized by any larger force.

In other words - let's compare the scales per Empire:
5/133 = ~3.75%
5/666 = ~0.75%
..and per continent:
5/399 = ~1.25%
5/1998 = ~0,25%

Here's blatant statistic, and it shows many things.
Strange. From my 18 man squad I send 6 to go cap Mani Biolab while the rest was in Andvari, holding the VS. They ended up getting the Biolab from the TR and we from the VS.

Smaller squads can't change the battles? Unlikely. Off course, if you suck at map assessment and your team mates can't be counted on, then that's the case.

Last edited by Dkamanus; 2013-01-13 at 03:35 PM.
Old 2013-01-13, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Cyridius
Private

Half-strength squads are good for nothing but ghost capping, unfortunately. If you feel like you're making a difference and you're having fun, I applaud you.
Old 2013-01-13, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Illtempered
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dkamanus View Post
Strange. From my 18 man squad I send 6 to go cap Mani Biolab while the rest was in Andvari, holding the VS. They ended up getting the Biolab from the TR and we from the VS.

Smaller squads can't change the battles? Unlikely. Off course, if you suck at map assessment and your team mates can't be counted on, then that's the case.
Agreed.

Some of my 'better' outfit-mates and I went over to NC on Waterson to test some things. The first myth we dispelled was that NC weapons are gimped. We were all raving about the stock Medic, Engi/LA, and HA weapons, and needless to say we loved the Scatmax, especially in Biofarms. My k/d was just fine, to say the least.

With tight coordination you can get lots of things done. You just have to maneuver around the enemy and hit them where they are weak, instead of trying to take on the enemy zerg toe-to-toe, using the speed a small squad can have, and the coordination a good outfit can have.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion