Liberators. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dont touch my signature!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-19, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Re: Liberators.

I never really saw a Lib take out ESFs very effective. Haven't heard of ESFs being afraid of libs either. I'm not afraid of a lib when I'm on the ground either if we have AA rolling with us - only when I'm in a tank without air support I fear the libe because he has an easy game with me.
Old 2013-01-19, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
I never really saw a Lib take out ESFs very effective.
Engaging 3 Scythes

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-01-19, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Okay now that looks a little bit overpowered... but I haven't seen it on Miller yet. Our Lib pilots seem to be fairly oldschool bombers
But I see the problem... maybe the lib is too agile.

Last edited by Sturmhardt; 2013-01-19 at 05:13 PM.
Old 2013-01-19, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
Okay now that looks a little bit overpowered... but I haven't seen it on Miller yet. Our Lib pilots seem to be fairly oldschool bombers
But I see the problem... maybe the lib is too agile.
No, I was actually bragging. Shredder Liberator atm is the only COMPLETELY balanced form of a Liberator.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-01-19, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
MyOdessa
Private

Originally Posted by MonsterBone View Post
They should explode when someone gets in them. Problem solved!
Best idea yet!

I have 0 respect for anyone in Liberator. They might as well get aimbot.

When Liberator can park in-front of AA turret, blast it and suffer no damage, then only idiot Higby can think it is balanced.
Old 2013-01-19, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
At least someone else out there sees things my way.
+1

Add me to that list!
Old 2013-01-19, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

And you've never been shotdown by Skwurting or Sashagrey using the Dalton the instant you got close enough to lockon ?
Or Fwata (sp?) with is Shredder. That guy is good.

I don't even bother engaging libs in my esf. If a lib becomes a problem, I spawn a tank buster and nuke it. the only effective way
But rest assured...
Fucks will be given!
Old 2013-01-19, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Kirotan
Corporal

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...-hacker.81614/

In before thread locking. Apparently Skwurting has raised a lot of peoples' suspicions.
Old 2013-01-19, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Beerbeer
Major

Liberators are lame.
Old 2013-01-19, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
AThreatToYou
Major

On Jeager, I don't have any problems with Liberators. I can fly in my ESF and make them bug out fairly easily and I am not very often killed by them.

If I were to make any suggestions to this thread, perhaps it is a feasible change to make the Liberator unable to roll or dive [note: I do not want to disable yaw or pitch controls, that would be extremely silly]. This way, it could not use its "bombing" gun to combat ESF unless they were below the craft in one way or another.
Old 2013-01-20, 02:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
WarbirdTD
Corporal

This is getting ridiculous again. "I think liberators shouldn't have wings so they can never fly over anything in order to shoot at it."

Why are so many people approaching weapons systems in this game with the mindset of "If it kills me, it's obviously a problem and needs to be nerfed"? How about, "If it kills me, I seriously need to take another look at my play-style and address my shortcomings." My outfit recognized that air dominance could wreak havoc on any kind of advance whether it was armor or infantry. Did we go to the forums to complain about it? Nope. We put about 7 AA MAXes into a Sunderer, waited for their planes to get close, and then made them pay for it. Within 3 minutes, we had created a no-fly zone with a diameter of 600 meters. That's less than a squad dominating anything approaching us. How is this not balanced enough? You give me 1 squad of burster maxes and 2 squads of Annihilators, I'll show you a kill zone where no aircraft dare to fly, and all tanks run away (if they don't get nuked by the first salvo of missiles). Think strategically, outsmart the spammy enemy. That's the fun of Planetside.

Nerf liberators more? Yeah, great idea. Let's not have any bombers or gunships to keep the tanks in check... real smart.
Old 2013-01-20, 03:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by WarbirdTD View Post
Why are so many people approaching weapons systems in this game with the mindset of "If it kills me, it's obviously a problem and needs to be nerfed"? How about, "If it kills me, I seriously need to take another look at my play-style and address my shortcomings."
Because if people thought that about everything nothing that needed to get fixed would ever get fixed.

Regarding your ancedote about your outfit, you're making the mistake of thinking that if something can be dealt with, it therefore isn't a problem. That's fallacious- it's like saying "X can't be overpowered, I kill people who use it all the time!" Overpowered =\= can't be killed. Similarly, just because you've managed to deal with a certain scenario a couple of times doesn't mean that flyer-spam isn't a problem. If all it took to handle Lib spam was 6 Max's, people wouldn't complain about it on the forums. As it stands, I've seen highly organized outfits, decked out with Max's, get annihilated by a decent airforce/tank combination.

Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2013-01-20 at 03:17 AM.
Old 2013-01-20, 06:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
WarbirdTD
Corporal

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
As it stands, I've seen highly organized outfits, decked out with Max's, get annihilated by a decent airforce/tank combination.
Isn't that exactly what should happen? They brought one type of force, and paid for that failure. And here's something else that bothers me: your idea of "fixing" things that aren't really "broken".

There's an agenda here, because I'm not seeing much of the other side of the story.. the side where anyone who has flown into an area with 3 AA MAXes is lucky to get out of the combat arena with their lib still alive, having maybe had the time to get 2 shots off at a target. Where's that side of the argument?

I sincerely hope that they avoid nerfing anything else (with the possible exception of the oneshotting dual-hacksaws) before they implement the tunnels in the bases.
Old 2013-01-20, 06:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
cooonips
Private

Cool Re: Liberators.

(I guess with tunnels they won't be able to go in those)
that sounds more like a challange to me :P
Old 2013-01-20, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Kirotan
Corporal

Because if people thought that about everything nothing that needed to get fixed would ever get fixed.

Regarding your ancedote about your outfit, you're making the mistake of thinking that if something can be dealt with, it therefore isn't a problem. That's fallacious- it's like saying "X can't be overpowered, I kill people who use it all the time!" Overpowered =\= can't be killed. Similarly, just because you've managed to deal with a certain scenario a couple of times doesn't mean that flyer-spam isn't a problem.
And just because people say something needs to be fixed doesn't mean it needs to be fixed.

People complain about it because it interrupts their preferred style of play. They don't want to change strategies or make sacrifices because they don't care about what anyone else wants. This game is trying to strike a delicate balance for multiple roles; infantry, vehicles, air, etc.

Sometimes pilots don't get to fly, tank operators don't get to drive, and infantry doesn't get to fight because of multiple circumstances in the game due to a shared sacrifice we all have to make to co-exist in an MMOFPS.

You see a lot of whining about airspam because the majority of players are not pilots. They don't care about flying and they don't care about its role in the game. It's "Me me me I want to footzerg across Indar and Air ruins that!"

If all it took to handle Lib spam was 6 Max's, people wouldn't complain about it on the forums. As it stands, I've seen highly organized outfits, decked out with Max's, get annihilated by a decent airforce/tank combination.
A combined arms force should beat a one dimensional ground assault force most of the time, and rightfully so.

Last edited by Kirotan; 2013-01-20 at 11:30 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion