Nerf the NC MAX. - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Best place to buy a can of WoopAss
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-05, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Re: Nerf the NC MAX.

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
No offense to you, but an NC player making a video of the NC MAX getting destroyed is like me making a montage of my Magrider blowing up. What does it mean in the end? Nothing.
I don't know the guy who made the videos. I only know that his setup is good and is a perfect experiment to test how OP a MAX really is. Why do you think it's not credible? I'm interested in facts here.

I post them again in case someone reads this and doesn't know what we are talking about:
Vid1
Vid2

P.S. I would love to try your vanu MAX! I don't know how I would like it in the long run, but I would like to give it a try.

edit: lol, thanks psijaka, exactly my thoughts:
Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
No offence to you, but a VS player making a post that the NC MAX is OP is hardly likely to be objective is it. What does it mean in the end? Nothing.

Do you have proof that the NC MAX outperforms the VS MAX at anything other than very close range? Or is this thread based upon nothing more than hyperbole?

Last edited by Sturmhardt; 2013-02-05 at 01:13 PM.
Old 2013-02-05, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
HiroshiChugi
Captain

no,just asking to remove it or limit its usage severely
Old 2013-02-05, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Maniya
Private

Flash grenade is quite useful when you counter door ambush NC Maxes.Throwing normal grenade might work if engineer and combat medics are not around with it but most time, when you facing organized squad, you will face Maxes with engineers and medics around. So other distractions should be approached towards NC Maxes if they are with Engineers and Medics.

The problem with other faction Max users is, they do exact same thing to counter NC Maxes, when NC Maxes trying to counter others. Which is close combat situation. Ambush NC Maxes next to the door when you know NC Max trying to rush in? What happens in next few seconds? Death screen. I rather use Engineer turrets from certain distances or use other routes to go behind them with few number of LA C4 equipped on.

According to the video that i watched, "NC Max vs other Maxes in duel mode in different distances" I don't really see much problem with maxes. The thing is any organized squad can shut me down even in Bio Labs or when NC assaulting Bio Labs, its really hard to assault them if they know what to do to counter NC Maxes.

Well, that's my thoughts. I can't really think of fair way to adjust this thing.

Edit: Maybe change the Charge ability of other faction Maxes into something different and unique since NC Maxes with Charge works just perfect.

Last edited by Maniya; 2013-02-05 at 02:27 PM.
Old 2013-02-05, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
AThreatToYou
Major

I'll give an emphatic no. I say this not on the principle that it isn't or is overpowered. I say this on the principle of it being a MAX unit and therefore should not be nerfed, because the MAX units in PS2 freaking suck and should be buffed long before they are nerfed. I say this for all empires. TR, VS, and NC MAX units need some attention.
Old 2013-02-05, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

How about this, you give me your NC MAX and I'll give you my VS MAX.
Deal.

Old 2013-02-05, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Assist
Contributor
Major

There's more NC posters in this thread than there are playing on my server on a given night.
Old 2013-02-05, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Carver
Corporal

The VS anti-infantry MAX is prettymuch useless beyond 20m too but it doesn't fucking instant kill people with one double-trigger pull (and neither does the TR MAX.) That's what I think everyone hates. It's not that it's really effective at close range, it's that it's so good you can't even react, you can't retreat. You are just dead in about .2 seconds.

The worst is a biolab seige. Kicking out 50-75 dug in defenders is already impossible, but when a pair of NC Maxes with double shotgun instant death is waiting for you at every doorway and around every corner it's downright demoralizing.
Old 2013-02-05, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I've yet to see you on the battlefield. But then I only have a small window to play usually.

Old 2013-02-05, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
AThreatToYou
Major

Also, put slug rounds on your NC max. It becomes loads more flexible.
Old 2013-02-05, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Maniya
Private

SOE should work on EMP grenades to counter Maxes, perhaps.
Old 2013-02-05, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Or they could abandon this dual wield thing in favor of shields (as in riot shields) to give them durability they really do need.

Old 2013-02-05, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

I don't want the NC MAX nerfed, I want it deleted.
Old 2013-02-05, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
I don't want the NC MAX nerfed, I want it deleted.
Lol, I bet you do.
Old 2013-02-05, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Zaik
Private

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
This is beta footage from when the NC max was total garbage. The scattercannons had a 5 round magazine. You could unload 10 shots directly into another MAX and it wasn't enough to kill them. Therefore, NC MAX would lose exactly 100% of max vs max engagements because it is also the slowest max and couldn't ever escape unless it had charge up and the other max did not. We never used them unless we had access to double flamethrowers, which were direct upgrades to the scattercannons in basically every way.

All they did to fix it was increase the magazine capacity by 2. Now there's 14 instead of 10, enough to kill a MAX in one full double scattercannon magdump at 5m. Then they decided to release completely untested extended magazine certs for the scattercannons like a week before the game came out or something close, allowing for 12/12. We've also got a bit of a precedent for them not altering purchased items too much with the rocket launchers(opting instead to create the annihilator over changing the existing lock on launchers), people start crying about refunds and that's a road that needs to be totally avoided.

Last edited by Zaik; 2013-02-05 at 03:08 PM.
Old 2013-02-05, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

I don't want to hear arguments
Complaining about something and then closing your mind is not a good way to communicate a message.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion