De-Sync / Lag / Hit reg. / whatever you want to call it. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's not personal, Firefly hates everyone.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-07, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: De-Sync / Lag / Hit reg. / whatever you want to call it.

This happened to me last night in the air. I am performing no overclocking of any kind on either my CPU or GPU.

Dumped all 500 TL rounds into the guy anyway, just to prove a point, though.
Old 2013-03-07, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Assist
Contributor
Major

Co-worker said he was experiencing this last night really bad, he didn't have any issues prior to yesterday though so I don't know if he's got something else going on or not.
Old 2013-03-07, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
NotTheMomma
Corporal

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Co-worker said he was experiencing this last night really bad, he didn't have any issues prior to yesterday though so I don't know if he's got something else going on or not.
Sounds like they had some momentarily bigger problems in the early morning hours: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i.../#post-1354502

It was goofy on Mattherson for a while, too. Maybe around 1am Eastern? I don't remember for sure. It bothered me enough to restart the client, though.
Old 2013-03-07, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Having the desync issue on Miller since today. Very annoying. Especially since everything seems to be fine but I can no longer damage foes and friendlies. Hit animations appear, but no damage indicators.
Sadly the workaround doesn't work for me as there is no overclocking software installed and also no hardware overclocking.
Old 2013-03-07, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Sulphur
Private

I've been having this for so long.
That and zombie kills everywhere, shit's beyond unreal.
Old 2013-03-08, 05:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Seems to be caused at random for me. It may or may not straighten itself out. But it is making the game unplayable for any length of time.

Old 2013-03-08, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
martingee
Private

I've noticed this a few times but assumed i was just been a poor shot, which still maybe the case, but it was very evident the other night when i was sniping. Shots that i'd been previously hitting with weren't been registred at all, either with a hit or spark as i missed and hit the wall behind.

I was taking a few shots, because i was missing, and after a clip or two it would 'rectify' itself, so not sure if was on my side, server side or the person i was shooting at. I've only noticed at mid and long range but since i play TR my high ROF may have been masking it at closer ranges. I've never had it as bad as some are reporting.
Old 2013-03-08, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

When the TR are moonwalking across the sky, the NC are doing the Timewarp, and your tank is trying to re-enact a scene from Tremors, 2001: A Space Odyssey, or Blackhawk Down... It is hard to be mistaken.

Old 2013-03-08, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Assist
Contributor
Major

well, as of today I am now getting this issue! I no longer get desync, now my graphics flip out and I have to close the client after alt tabbing out. It's the same shit we had in beta where the graphics flicker and if you stop moving for a minute it goes away and if you don't you crash. Getting really fucking annoying to try to play this game ;( Never thought I'd say it, but I hope we get less optimization bullshit and more actual bug fixes.
Old 2013-03-08, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
SternLX
Sergeant

Seen some others reporting De-synch issues while not running any OCing / Hardware monitoring software. Most were running nVidia Cards with latest drivers. Maybe another nVidia driver bug. Latest few sets from nVidia supports Adaptive Power Management, which basically auto clocks the GPU up and down. I'm not 100% sure but there is the possibility that could cause a Timing issue in a server/client environment if the client code doesn't adapt for constantly changing hardware clocks.

Seems to be too many variables to account for so far. I can see why they're having a hard time nailing this one down.

I don't know how many here are familiar with an old EQ hack called "Speed Hack". Basically it used a clients system timer against the servers timing code to it's advantage by forcefully sending position data at a faster rate to the server. Basically it made you move or run faster and a few other nasty side effects.
Old 2013-03-08, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
typhaon
Sergeant Major

For me, the game entered this awful state immediately after the last patch. Before, I would've put myself in the top few %, in terms of having a smooth play experience with PS2. I rarely had any complaints!
Old 2013-03-08, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
NotTheMomma
Corporal

well, as of today I am now getting this issue! I no longer get desync, now my graphics flip out and I have to close the client after alt tabbing out. It's the same shit we had in beta where the graphics flicker and if you stop moving for a minute it goes away and if you don't you crash. Getting really fucking annoying to try to play this game ;( Never thought I'd say it, but I hope we get less optimization bullshit and more actual bug fixes.
That's a separate issue, and I'm fairly certain that the cause is network problems anywhere in the chain that includes your PC and the server. If a lot of packets are being dropped, the connection will often improve and the flashing screen/skybox problem will resolve itself within a minute. If you haven't been moving/looking around, the game is able to eventually resync and recover if and when good connection is restored. If not, crash or freeze.

Occasional packet loss, even total, is not that unusual even in these golden days, but the game doesn't handle it very gracefully for some reason.
Old 2013-03-08, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by NotTheMomma View Post
That's a separate issue, and I'm fairly certain that the cause is network problems anywhere in the chain that includes your PC and the server. If a lot of packets are being dropped, the connection will often improve and the flashing screen/skybox problem will resolve itself within a minute. If you haven't been moving/looking around, the game is able to eventually resync and recover if and when good connection is restored. If not, crash or freeze.

Occasional packet loss, even total, is not that unusual even in these golden days, but the game doesn't handle it very gracefully for some reason.
I've got to disagree on it being related to packet loss. I'm very familiar with symptoms of packet loss and the flickering textures issue is not likely related. I'm going to guess it's a DirectX issue.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2013-03-08, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Hamma
PSU Admin

I've seen this once or twice and I've had members of my outfit experience it. It's a major issue, not sure what causes it.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-03-08, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
NotTheMomma
Corporal

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
I've got to disagree on it being related to packet loss. I'm very familiar with symptoms of packet loss and the flickering textures issue is not likely related. I'm going to guess it's a DirectX issue.
I'm likely wrong about that, at least in regard to 100% packet loss. I just tried to reproduce it by simply disabling my internet connection while in game several times, but the flashing screen didn't show up. The game resynced me pretty nicely within a few seconds of restoring the connection.

The reason I said that, though, is that I have gotten the flashing screen twice this week, immediately before my internet connection completely dropped for a couple of minutes each time.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion