GU06 - more reason to capture continents! - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I sure hope they put perma-death in!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-04-02, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: GU06 - more reason to capture continents!

Couple more items via Higby:

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-04-02, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Might as well add these here.

Q: Are the times these events run going to be unique to each server? No help to Briggs if the good stuff only happens in USA prime time

A: For continent control alerts, it takes starting territory control into account before activating, going for balanced continents
It's all automated & dynamic based on server/continent population - so it'll run at the "best times" for each server.

Last edited by DirtyBird; 2013-04-02 at 11:56 PM. Reason: add txt
Old 2013-04-02, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I want endless character transfers with my premium account.
Old 2013-04-02, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Jolly good then. I approve of people acting with foresight.
Old 2013-04-02, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
cryosin
Master Sergeant

This system might really help off-peak hours. Going to be interesting to see what happens.

Last edited by cryosin; 2013-04-02 at 04:07 PM.
Old 2013-04-02, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rahabib View Post
Also, can anyone explain to me how ribbons are different than medals? I never cared much about the medals, but they seem to be tied to the same criteria (kill X with weapon Y). The reason I never cared much about the medals is that it does feel like, as someone pointed out, "kill X rats."
As I understand it, they're basically daily achievements. They're easier to acquire than the current weapon medals (with a lower reward) and repeatable once per day (unlike weapon medals, which aren't repeatable at all).

If you're interested in maximizing your XP/CP gain, it's a nice little incentive to get you using all of the weapons you have access to, even if it's just to kill a relative handful of enemies.

Originally Posted by ThatGoatGuy View Post
I mean seriously, who here is their favorite continent Amerish?
/me raises his hand.

Amerish > Indar > Esamir, in my opinion.

Last edited by Climhazzard; 2013-04-02 at 04:58 PM.
Old 2013-04-02, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Climhazzard View Post
As I understand it, they're basically daily achievements. ...
Ah, I must have misread that part. Fuck that daily quest bullshit.
I need people on my team who are ready to put in work, not grind out '5 more sniper kills' when we're being overrun by armor.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-04-02, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Daily quests are bullshit and this is the most annoying thing they started including in MMOs.....

They better do this right.
Old 2013-04-02, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
camycamera
Major

i want this NAOW.... and the new hex thingy better be with GU06 as well
Old 2013-04-02, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post
Daily quests are bullshit and this is the most annoying thing they started including in MMOs.....

They better do this right.
well, it is a good way to Shepard the kids on Indarside....
Old 2013-04-02, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Rahabib View Post
Just fix the damn resource system (reason for battles, linking battles to a strategic goal, denial of resources leading to predictable locations of battles, etc.). That will add miles more "metagame" than whatever the hell this is.
100% agreed. The game currently favors large zerg-like outfits. Some have quite a bit of an organization semblance, but for the most part, they simply roam around like wild buffalo until someone herds them in a corner and bleeds their resources dry. At which point they'll either log off, switch continents, or jump to the part of the continent where they have high resource gain. At no point in this process do the platoon leaders thinking about strategic resource denial, adjacency, or any sort of tactical movement. And those of us that do, either get squished by the zerg after a short 10-minute holdout, or get to completely ghost enemy lines until we run out of things to capture. Strategic generator holds (either defensive or offensive) are almost impossible (which is a good thing) but aren't worth the time and effort because in the end, we might only provide a spawn point to ourselves or simply show up as a footnote on the map, having absolutely NO impact on the zerg skirmish couple clicks away.

I also think this kind of approach will only exasperate the issue of continental deadlock and the constant three-way battle. Personally, I'm tired of repelling a huge zerg onslaught from one direction, chasing it back to the warpgate, only to have all of our back territories quietly steamrolled by the odd man out. We inevitably retreat to try and defend, but only end up slowing the progress while the main zerg sits at the last base closest to the enemy gate, farming XP until the last minute. At which point, we're all but poking our noses out of the warpgate, and have to recapture all surrounding territory before we can afford any room to regroup since vehicles can't be ported from one continent to the next yet. I think that last aspect will probably do more to improve metagame than any server-wide events, simply because it will give the larger zerg outfits at least an opportunity to pretend they're organized.

I'm all for getting people to go to different continents and spreading out the population (varies the fights, and also good for performance, especially on older machines and the game's servers), giving ideas to folks for what to do, and rewarding them in the process. Those are all noble goals, but the current approach to this is anything but. Effective enough implementation of this (goals are unique and realistic/XP reward high enough) will simply move everyone off Indarside and onto Amerish or Esamir -side, while a hap-hazard rollout will have zero impact.

Meanwhile, the command voice channel is well ahead of schedule to become the CR5 chat of old days; cooperation between outfits only happens regularly between those of us who've known one another since PS1 days, while command channels are quickly starting to resemble XBox Live. What happened to the mission system?

My question with this update is: Was I wrong in expecting the new lattice system to be coming out this update? What happened to that? I thought that was a relatively decent solution to "predictable, tactical combat".

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark

Last edited by Ailos; 2013-04-02 at 06:59 PM.
Old 2013-04-02, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Here's something that has been bugging me for ages: STOP PRIORITIZING OUTPOST SPAWNS.
This'll hopefully become obsolete when the new lattice-like system is added, but for now it's an Issue.

When multiple territories are under attack, I get 3 outpost spawns for an area we're currently attacking or defending. Once even the MAIN SPAWN was not shown even though the SCU was up, in favor of showing outposts.

Please, also allow spawning on any area that's being capped. I'm sitting on Esamir after redeploying, only to find that I can spawn in any area BUT the ones being capped.
Old 2013-04-02, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

For the Aussies it could be in at 12am tonight. (USA 3rd April 6am PT)
Unless something explodes (disclaimer: this happens with alarming frequency) GU06 and this fix (proximity mines) should be going live tomorrow morning - so with luck you won't need to wait much longer.
http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...7#post-1506619
Old 2013-04-03, 03:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
i want this NAOW.... and the new hex thingy better be with GU06 as well
Battle flow improvements are scheduled for April, which means roughly 2-4 weeks. Higby also wants some time on the Test Server before it goes live:

Old 2013-04-03, 04:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Fimconte
Private

Originally Posted by Climhazzard View Post
Amerish > Indar > Esamir, in my opinion.
QFT~!

Amerish and Indar are awesome to fly in.

Esamir is often too flat to provide enough cover against AA or breaking LOS when dogfighting.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion