harrasser proves dedicated driver is great - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: du hast mich?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-02, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
moosepoop
Captain

Re: harrasser proves dedicated driver is great

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
I was really going to post here the excellent day I had with my outfit using harasser in lots of ways and everyone having fun with it and make some observations about it.
But now, I just wish they close this thread and some people banned.

PS: I don't recall the last time I had so much fun with planetside 2

im sorry if your mood is soured, but i still would really like to hear you opinion.

i shouldnt have responded the way i did, but the dude just irritates me, reminds me of a milder idukenukem.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-05-02 at 11:39 PM.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
with the buff to mbt armor and appearance of super heavy tanks in the game files, there is a good possibility for dedicated drivers.
Where did you see a Super Heavy Tank?

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
Sludge makes a good point. Vanguard would be incredibly boring to drive, lol.
Which is why you give the Driver the Secondary Gun, so he can shoot things that get too close to the Precious!
Old 2013-05-02, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Roy Awesome
First Sergeant

I think it has nothing to do with the dedicated driver/gunner.

It's more of the Harasser rewards teamwork and coordination. It's also fast and has silly physics which doesn't help.

I have the same fun with a Battle Galaxy, which also has a dedicated driver/gunner crew. PS2 needs more mechanics that reward teamwork, and dedicating drivers isn't necessarily the way to do that.

appearance of super heavy tanks in the game files
You must know something I don't. What heavy tanks?
Old 2013-05-02, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
Where did you see a Super Heavy Tank?

Which is why you give the Driver the Secondary Gun, so he can shoot things that get too close to the Precious!
i saw it on reddit, and i think it was posted here some time ago.

despite tray saying the quadruple prowler cannon wasnt gonna be in game, they added textures and a proper tank model.

there were also artillery turrets, and a giant minigun turret for the prowler.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Roy Awesome View Post
I think it has nothing to do with the dedicated driver/gunner.

It's more of the Harasser rewards teamwork and coordination. It's also fast and has silly physics which doesn't help.

I have the same fun with a Battle Galaxy, which also has a dedicated driver/gunner crew. PS2 needs more mechanics that reward teamwork, and dedicating drivers isn't necessarily the way to do that.
Well it kind of is...

...You see, the problem with MBTs as they are now is that they are a LightningPLUS...
Even with a single Driver+Main-gunner they have more fire-power and more armor then a Lightning.

To quote my argument over at the Sony Forums:
Since a stock MBT has better firepower and MORE ARMOR then a stock Lightning for the paltry cost of 10-20kph maximum speed, a stock MBT where the Driver has simultaneous control of the Main Cannon is a far superior choice then the much weaker Lightning.
The Lightning's real advantage is suppose to be its lower crew requirement and cheaper cost to allow larger numbers to be fielded, much like the Soviet T-34 in comparison to the German Panzer IV, but since the cost advantage is currently "balanced" at 3:2 and full crew requirements 3:4 its much easer to pull two 1/2 MBTs as opposed to the three Lightnings.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
moosepoop
Captain

Well it kind of is...

...You see, the problem with MBTs as they are now is that they are a LightningPLUS...
Even with a single Driver+Main-gunner they have more fire-power and more armor then a Lightning.

To quote my argument over at the Sony Forums:
people assume crewed mbt would be boring, but so far none of the other multi crew vehicles have been boring. harrassaer, battle sunderer,galaxy mortar gunship, the lib.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Whiteagle
Major

people assume crewed mbt would be boring, but so far none of the other multi crew vehicles have been boring. harrassaer, battle sunderer,galaxy mortar gunship, the lib.
Yeah, which really makes there "I pulled the Tank, SO I GET TO FIRE THE BIG BOOM!" argument rather annoying...
...Would having the Secondary REALLY be that hard for you selfish brats?
Old 2013-05-02, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
moosepoop
Captain

Yeah, which really makes there "I pulled the Tank, SO I GET TO FIRE THE BIG BOOM!" argument rather annoying...
...Would having the Secondary REALLY be that hard for you selfish brats?
higby basically agreed to consider the idea even way back in beta, the only thing stopping them from implementing it is scaring away casual players.

the thing is they underestimate the iq of casuals. most casual players do expect ps2 to be deeper than what they usually play.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-05-02 at 11:52 PM.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Whiteagle
Major

higby basically agreed to consider the idea even way back in beta, the only thing stopping them from implementing it is scaring away casual players.

the thing is they underestimate the iq of casuals. most casual players do expect ps2 to be deeper than what they usually play.
We need to get this on the Test Server man...
They don't have an excuse for us to NOT test this now.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
moosepoop
Captain

We need to get this on the Test Server man...
They don't have an excuse for us to NOT test this now.
thats my train of thought also man. it would also be easy to implement, since youre just adding an extra seat, you dont even need to change the assets.

id also love to test the giant unused cannons man. the prowler minigun cannon oozes pure phallic power.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-05-02 at 11:57 PM.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Whiteagle
Major

thats my train of thought also man. it would also be easy to implement, since youre just adding an extra seat.
Nope, don't even need an Extra Seat, just switch the guns around!

...Mag might need a bit of work putting Ball Turreted Secondary on the nose though...
Old 2013-05-03, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
moosepoop
Captain

Nope, don't even need an Extra Seat, just switch the guns around!

...Mag might need a bit of work putting Ball Turreted Secondary on the nose though...
magrider needs a model change, but i think we can still test prowler and vanguard pretty early

higby said multiple times he would consider dedicated driver in the future, and he thought heavy tanks would be a great idea. so my hopes are still high, despite it not being on the monthly plans.

most likely scenario is we keep the solo mbt, nerf it and introduce the super heavy tank, since that would make new op items for people to spend station cash on. it would also fill content quotas.

the thing is, even if mbts cost 750 resources and have 1 hour cool down, an organized outfit can still all pull them at the same time and crush all resistance. the only way to limit the absolute number of mbts on the field at the same time is to introduce manpower sinks with multicrews.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-05-03 at 12:12 AM.
Old 2013-05-03, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Whiteagle
Major

magrider needs a model change, but i think we can still test prowler and vanguard pretty early

higby said multiple times he would consider dedicated driver in the future, and he thought heavy tanks would be a great idea. im just greasing the wheels right now.
No, the Mag doesn't need a Model Change, just it's weapons!
Make the Main Cannon different molds of the current Sauron Secondary, while putting Ball Turreted guns or the old Cannons as Secondaries on the front.

It will pretty much then be an Upgrade of the Original's Magrider!

most likely scenario is we keep the solo mbt and introduce the super heavy tank, since that would make new cash sinks for people to spend station cash on.
This isn't good, because it makes my poor Lightning doubly redundant...
Why pull a Paper Tank with a wet Newspaper Cannon when you can easily drive AND Gun a Medium and have a better chance against monstrous Heavies?

I'm not against Super Heavy Land Battleship, but those would be practically Mobile Bases like the Air Carrier; huge and powerful but also slow and hard to maneuver, which makes them targets for Infantry to storm.

the thing is, even if mbts cost 750 resources and have 1 hour cool down, an organized outfit can still all pull them at the same time and crush all resistance. the only way to limit the absolute number of mbts on the field at the same time is to introduce manpower sinks with multicrews.
That's a bit extreme, but yeah...

Really my method doesn't stop solo-tankers, it just makes them sacrifice Mobility for Fire-power like One-man Liberators...

Last edited by Whiteagle; 2013-05-03 at 12:13 AM.
Old 2013-05-03, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
leifnielsen
Corporal

every time i talk about dedicated gunners, the same guy has not only derailed my thread here, but also on the official sony forums. he literally copy pastes the exact post he made back in december.

i made a good point and i stand by it. the harrasser uses a dedicated driver and people like it. it shows it can work in planetside 2, just like in planetside 1.

people taunt me a lot when i argue for things in the game they dont like, but when it gets implemented, i never taunt them or gloat, because im not a little punk, i dont care about that. i just want to improve the game, and right now i feel the state of the game is perfect for dedicated drivers right now.
Now see the difference between some of your previous posts and this one are like night and day.

I agree that dedicated drivers would be more fun, but I don't think it'll happen with the MBT. If we do end up getting a Super Heavy Tank, I think it's possible they'll implement dedicated drivers if people push hard enough for it.

The company is always thinking of how it can make the most money though. The more people who throw certs into their tank, the more willing they'll be to buy the good weapons or cosmetic upgrades for it. If MBT's used dedicated drivers, not as many people would pull MBTs, so sales on all MBT weapons and cosmetics would drop.
Old 2013-05-03, 12:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by leifnielsen View Post
The company is always thinking of how it can make the most money though. The more people who throw certs into their tank, the more willing they'll be to buy the good weapons or cosmetic upgrades for it. If MBT's used dedicated drivers, not as many people would pull MBTs, so sales on all MBT weapons and cosmetics would drop.
AH, but this is where giving the Driver the Secondary Gun has its Silver Lining!

After all, there are MORE Secondary Weapon options then Main Cannons, correct?

Last edited by Whiteagle; 2013-05-03 at 12:22 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion