News: IGN.com DCU and PS2 going to PS4 - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: REEEEECOLLA!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-07, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
Drakkonan
Corporal

Re: IGN.com DCU and PS2 going to PS4

They can say all the right things, and we can try to rationalize why this will be best for the game, but the reality is that most franchises (most notably Battlefield) turn into garbage when they're brought to consoles. I'll reserve judgement until I see the franchise a year after it's out on PS4, and we probably won't see the full effect until Planetside 3.

Despite what they've been claiming, I really don't see how they were turning a profit with Planetside 2 being a PC exclusive, thus I view this as a necessary evil to keep the franchise alive and "healthy".....though I wouldn't call Battlefield healthy from any standpoint other than investors' pocketbooks.
Old 2013-06-08, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #182
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: IGN.com DCU and PS2 going to PS4

Originally Posted by Drakkonan View Post
They can say all the right things, and we can try to rationalize why this will be best for the game, but the reality is that most franchises (most notably Battlefield) turn into garbage when they're brought to consoles. I'll reserve judgement until I see the franchise a year after it's out on PS4, and we probably won't see the full effect until Planetside 3.

Despite what they've been claiming, I really don't see how they were turning a profit with Planetside 2 being a PC exclusive, thus I view this as a necessary evil to keep the franchise alive and "healthy".....though I wouldn't call Battlefield healthy from any standpoint other than investors' pocketbooks.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...cebook-failure

According to that, even with it being several months old it sounds like PS2 is going pretty good for SOE.
I doubt we'll see a PS3 for several years though so I don't think you'll have to wait that long to see what impact, if any, this transition is going to have on the game. Keep in mind the Devs we have here are not what you see anywhere else in the gaming industry. This isn't COD, it's not Battlefield. It's Planetside.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion