Please SOE make EQNext hard! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Remove head from sphincter, than play Planetside!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2013-01-14, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
EVILoHOMER
Major

Please SOE make EQNext hard!

At the very least can we have Hardcore servers?

It is all very well and good saying there are hard parts to an MMO, usually the raids at end game, however I never manage to make it there because I get so bored at how easy the game is. There seems to be this notion that most players quite before they ever get to end game and that is because the game was too hard, so we've had this dumbing down of MMOs ever since. However that isn't the case because I bet still most people don't get to end game. Fact is most people never complete any game, even ones they like and also MMOs feature a very boring and repetitive grind, so no wonder why people get bored.

I haven't liked an MMORPG since 2005 and that is because they're all far too easy now. There is never any challenge and it just kills the tension and adds the boredom for me. Dayz was so amazing for me, it was like finally a hardcore game for real gamers and it proved that right now 1.5 million people love this type of experience. People like fun and a hard game doesn't mean it isn't fun, look at how well Dark Souls has done. I think the failure of every MMORPG since WoW has pretty much proved that the answer isn't to dumb down your game.

I used to love EQ2 before you made it so that I can solo right through the game and solo 10 mobs at once. I miss playing when I needed a group and when I had to be scared of every fight I had and when it took me a whole month to get to level 20. I used to love the crafting and how in depth it was and all the steps I had to take to craft anything, it made things rare and my stuff valuable and that was the reward. Now the game is too easy, every part of it feels like an unrewarding grind and you feel the need to give me loot all the time. When a chest used to drop in the game it was exciting, now it's so common that loot is annoying. Where has this constant stream of trash loot come from these days? Leave the trash out and just drop the good loot on rare occasions.

I want EQNext to feel me with fear when I go out into the world EQ and classic EQ2 used to give me. I want death to be punished with a death penalty and I want the game to be group based and not some boring single player game.

Please at the very least give us Hardcore servers so we can finally have that experience again.

+ Can you get the original composer of EQ2's music to do the stuff in EQNext? It had such a distinct style, the music you've replaced a lot of it with now is just your generic fantasy crap you get in every game. However the original EQ2 music was just so magical and surprisingly dark and eerie, it was so unique. I'm listening to it now, I just love it, whoever composed it is a genius.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion