News: Game Update 14 August 12 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: click here to spawn in the sanctuary
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-08-10, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Isokon
Private

Re: Game Update 14 August 12

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Wait, you mean they're adding loadout hotkeys? Is it this patch, because I don't see it in the notes.
Class Terminal Loadout Hotkeys

·Pressing [E] with terminal screen open will now resupply/equip your selected class
·Press F1-F6 to select Classes
·Press 1-0 to select a Loadout Tab
Old 2013-08-11, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

New in the Depot

Available Now

Drakon Armor
This much-requested slimmed down armor has arrived in the Depot.
Anyone know what this looks like?

Old 2013-08-11, 07:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Class Terminal Loadout Hotkeys
  • Pressing [E] with terminal screen open will now resupply/equip your selected class
  • Press F1-F6 to select Classes
  • Press 1-0 to select a Loadout Tab
It'd be great if the hotkeys were editable (I'd like to make select class CTRL+1-9 instead of F1-F9, or maybe "H" for heavy, etc)

Also double tapping the same class or loadout should exit the screen. This way if I need to quick flip into an AA Max I can just hit E-F6-F6.
Old 2013-08-11, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Ruffdog View Post
Anyone know what this looks like?
Search up in youtube Vanu Labs Drakon Armor. he did a preview of all the factions versions. It's pretty much just the armor we had in alpha and is a slimmed down version of composite armor. What I'm curious about is if our freaking decals will show up on these slimmer shoulderpads lol.
Old 2013-08-11, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Originally Posted by hashish View Post
No Amerish Lattice..
Good. People were extremely disappointed with their first attempt at the Amerish lattice. They thought they could get away with just slapping a lattice on top of the existing Amerish, but it turned out be rather bad.

No new continent (Hossin)..
God dammit, people. Hossin isn't even scheduled until September. It's the height of stupidity to whine about "no Hossin today... again". If you'd just pay attention, you wouldn't look like idiots.

Old 2013-08-11, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Climhazzard View Post
God dammit, people. Hossin isn't even scheduled until September. It's the height of stupidity to whine about "no Hossin today... again". If you'd just pay attention, you wouldn't look like idiots.

Not to mention the roadmap should be taken for as a guide and not LITERAL release dates.
Old 2013-08-11, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I guess that the long overdue server Transfer Tokens will be in two weeks time for GU15.
They've been pushed back a month each time they are due* for release.
There is a heap of stuff still listed for August, GU15 will be huge compared to this one.

(* as a guide provided by SOE)
Old 2013-08-12, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Qwan
Captain

Well its over guys, BF4 for PC is coming out this fall, so ill be logging in to collect my certs but thats about it. Hopefully they will have a real patch by the time I get done with the campain and am bored with the online. But dont worry Ill be coming into PSU from time to time to laugh at the comments and make some of my own.
Old 2013-08-12, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Slackermagee
Private

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
Well its over guys, BF4 for PC is coming out this fall, so ill be logging in to collect my certs but thats about it. Hopefully they will have a real patch by the time I get done with the campain and am bored with the online. But dont worry Ill be coming into PSU from time to time to laugh at the comments and make some of my own.
BF4 has at least another half-dozen generic modern combat shooters to compete with.

Planetside has zero homologous competitors and it could be argued that there aren't any true analogous competitors either. Its in the FPS category but its a far cry from the CoD/BF clones.
Old 2013-08-12, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Mostly just a bunch of adjustments and fixes. The hot keys for selecting classes and loadouts is probably my favorite part, but there's not much else to have a favorite about lol
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2013-08-12, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Slackermagee View Post
BF4 has at least another half-dozen generic modern combat shooters to compete with.

Planetside has zero homologous competitors and it could be argued that there aren't any true analogous competitors either. Its in the FPS category but its a far cry from the CoD/BF clones.
Yeh but.... they modelled the game on the battlefield series. We will see what effect it has in due time.
Old 2013-08-12, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Shuuda
Private

Originally Posted by Slackermagee View Post

Well, only CoD really. But as far as I'm concerned Battlefield is just EA's attempt to snatch CoD's success. Not so much a game than it is another EA money engine.
Old 2013-08-12, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Updating now

111 MB

Old 2013-08-12, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Dragonskin
Major

Mostly underwhelming patch to me. I do like that we will have hotkeys for classes/loadouts and I like the new grenade bandoliers. Can't wait to be able to carry 4 AV grenades... it will be almost pointless to put a max now.

Anyway, just going to chime in on the Planetside 2/BF4 thing. Planetside 2 is modelled after FPS games in general. It's about as much like Call of Duty as it is Battlefield. Personally as a Battlefield 2 player Planetside 2 feels more like BF2 than BF3 does. Getting tired of the BF series honestly. They keep making it more arcade like and while the frostbyte engine is amazing the destructibility gets old fast. Not to mention the painfully slow patches they push out because of Xbox and Playstation having stupid restrictions on their updates for consoles. What was it? Like 3-4 months between patchs on BF3? It was a terrible joke. If they messed up a weapon it was another 3-4 months before they attempted to fix it... lame.

No thanks. At the risk of sounding like a PS2 fanboy... I will just stick with PS2. As much as I want to get back into Battlefield.. it's just not the same anymore... this is coming from someone that played BF2, BF Free, Bad Company, Bad Company 2 (best new BF version) and BF3.

Plus FF14 is coming out in 2 weeks and that will be my major break from FPS gaming for awhile. Not bad since my PS2 membership ends the beginning of September anyway.
Old 2013-08-12, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Kalee J
Sergeant

BF4 or no BF4...I'll be sticking with Planetside 2.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion