News: Game Update 14 August 12 - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does this look infected?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-08-12, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Assist
Contributor
Major

Re: Game Update 14 August 12

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Plus FF14 is coming out in 2 weeks and that will be my major break from FPS gaming for awhile. Not bad since my PS2 membership ends the beginning of September anyway.
Hopefully it turns out better than the first go around. Game had far too many flaws to stick with it during the first release, not sure enough has been done to remove the boring parts of the game. My PS2 sub ending in a week or so I believe, hopefully I get lored back with Hossin release.
Old 2013-08-12, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Hopefully it turns out better than the first go around. Game had far too many flaws to stick with it during the first release, not sure enough has been done to remove the boring parts of the game. My PS2 sub ending in a week or so I believe, hopefully I get lored back with Hossin release.
FF14 is my MMO filler until Everquest Next comes out. I'm just hoping it will tide me over till then. Having played the original FF14 beta and been part of the new FF14 beta process... the games are almost completely different. FF11 lasted me for about a year and a half. If I can get close to that out of FF14 it will be well justified.

Sadly... Elders Scrolls Online has lost all appeal to me since coming back to try FF14 and the announcement of Everquest Next on the horizon. Only thing that ESO had going for it was the 3 faction PvP.. but FF14 will have that eventually with the grand company battles similar to Guild Wars 2. Arena PvP will be in the first patch after release. So... yea.. was looking forward to ESO, but now I don't care. Just want an awesome FF14 story and then move to EQN to live the story of the server I end up on. Planetside 2 will still be there for my FPS fix every couple months.
Old 2013-08-12, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Isokon View Post
Class Terminal Loadout Hotkeys

·Pressing [E] with terminal screen open will now resupply/equip your selected class
·Press F1-F6 to select Classes
·Press 1-0 to select a Loadout Tab
yeah... hope it will be more customizable soon.
Only issue I see is running up to a term to re-supply my max, hit 'E' hit 'E'... Fuck now i'm light assault and my max is on a timer and I will need to build resources for another one!
Old 2013-08-12, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
Well its over guys, BF4 for PC is coming out this fall, so ill be logging in to collect my certs but thats about it. Hopefully they will have a real patch by the time I get done with the campain and am bored with the online. But dont worry Ill be coming into PSU from time to time to laugh at the comments and make some of my own.
Lol,...oh man, that's fine. Let those who value repetitive 15 minute matches go play BF4 and get strung along by DICE and there extortion model of "expansion packs", the gameplay will be shallow just like BF3, the maps will be small just like BF3, you will be forced to play DICE'S way just like BF3, the game will die off within 8 months just like BF3.

PlanetSide 2 is the game the BF franchise should have evolved to but has not so SOE has filled the void where no one else has tried to go.......massive online warfare........not "battlefield" skirmishes...wash rinse repeat, I have over 10,000 hours in the BF franchise and it ended within 4 months of BF3's release.

Also I wonder how may PS2 players that go back to a 64 player match will find it underwhelming compared to a few hundred players battling over territory....and come sliding back to PS2.

Just look at the map BF4 is showing off, ...it's Karkand again, same rough layout, same approximate size maybe a tad bigger, bridges in the same place, same, same, same,....DICE lost all of their talent and now there designs are all cookie cutter.

Ok back to GU14 talk.....

Last edited by VaderShake; 2013-08-12 at 01:26 PM.
Old 2013-08-12, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

^ It's funny because PS2's gameplay is repetitive as fuck.

"Run into near-empty base -> take capture point -> surround enemy spawn room and wait for base to flip".

Rinse, repeat. That's about 8/10 battles, even on the latticed continents. Sometimes the PS2 Gods will smile upon you and give you a decent fight at the Octagon or something. But, yeah- I never understood the smugness about PS2 compared to its competing shooters. PS2 is basically an arena shooter, except you have to physically travel to the [base]level you want to fight at rather than just automatically spawn there.

Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2013-08-12 at 05:51 PM.
Old 2013-08-12, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
exohkay
Private

BF3 was a fucking joke. I played BC2 competitively, logged 500ish hours in it, bought the vietnam expansion.

I bought BF3, BF3 premium, and the gameplay is shallow, but feels deep due to all the unlocks you need to grind.

There are huge glaring inconsistencies with the game, (no voip), battlelog was shit, Premium was a fucking bullshit nickel and dime policy (yet I've put 3x into PS2 what I put into BF3, go figure DICE).

If you want to go play BF4 (which is basically BF3 with a few improvements). Go nuts. People will still play metro 24/7, you'll still get raped into the ground by helicopters and jets that you simply cannot compete with, and you'll never receive any new maps without paying $25 bucks for the privilege.
Old 2013-08-12, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Fuck yeah, Premium was a nickle and dime scheme.

lol, my anus is still raw from that. That's EA games for you, though. I don't buy games under that label anymore.
Old 2013-08-12, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by exohkay View Post
you'll still get raped into the ground by helicopters
You either played BF3 for a very short while after it started, or you never actually tried flying a heli. At some point they made it so a jet can destroy a helicopter in 1 pass, even with missing half the shots. And then they removed below radar. Aye and Javelin missiles never got distracted neither by flares, nor ECMs and the bug still exists.

The BF4 argument has a point - as I said before PS2 was only good to make dice realise that there is a good competitor to their game, so BF4 will outshine PS2, I'm quite sure about it.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-08-12, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Belhade
Sergeant

BF? I'm still playing BF2. Project Reality 1.0 finally came out, after all...mods FTW.
Old 2013-08-13, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Never understood flares interdicting a laser-guided seeker . . .
Old 2013-08-13, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Had to check my BC2 hours, 983.
Only 234 for BF3.
And PS2 is already 1392, a clear winner.

And on the patch, I didnt expect much more from it being so close to SOE Live.
Old 2013-08-13, 03:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

BF3 was a massive disappointment IMO. Not even considering buying BF4.
Old 2013-08-13, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Just disappionting again. I am off for some months. Playing some games which are not as halfbaked as ps2. I will play again when intercontinental lattice/cont locks are implemented. So probably not before n3xt year. LOL...
Old 2013-08-13, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Crator
Major General

Really like the new keyboard shortcuts for the load outs! Going to take some getting used to but will help in the long run.
Old 2013-08-13, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Can people please keep on topic and stop going off-topic with Battlefield rants.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion