How far will PS2 stray in terms of gameplay from modern FPSs? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: 'fo shizzle
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-07-13, 06:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Re: How far will PS2 stray in terms of gameplay from modern FPSs?

Originally Posted by Ninjacalypse View Post
As far as BF3 hardcore mode aka "Teamkill Mode" I rarely play it mostly because it's usually half or more of your team camping at spawn waiting for a jet/heli/mobile aa and then killing whoever gets one of them.
On a related note, I can't f*cking wait to finally be back in a FPS with friendly fire on. There are NO BF3 hardcore servers in Asia QQ It's constant bulletspam... everywhere... all the time. You honestly die faster a lot of the time because 3 enemies in a hallway are emptying their clips into each other's backs and over each other's shoulders trying to hit you! Short TTK + Friendly Fire = you damn well better coordinate with your team!
Old 2012-07-13, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Ninjacalypse
Corporal

Originally Posted by Accuser View Post
On a related note, I can't f*cking wait to finally be back in a FPS with friendly fire on. There are NO BF3 hardcore servers in Asia QQ It's constant bulletspam... everywhere... all the time. You honestly die faster a lot of the time because 3 enemies in a hallway are emptying their clips into each other's backs and over each other's shoulders trying to hit you! Short TTK + Friendly Fire = you damn well better coordinate with your team!
Yeah, Friendly Fire is an acquired skill but the problem with BF3 Hardcore Mode is your teammates are usually INTENTIONALLY trying to kill you.

So, PS2 will have friendly fire...and will be free2play? I would be worried about massive waves of teamkillers inbound.
Old 2012-07-13, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Ninjacalypse View Post
Yeah, Friendly Fire is an acquired skill but the problem with BF3 Hardcore Mode is your teammates are usually INTENTIONALLY trying to kill you.

So, PS2 will have friendly fire...and will be free2play? I would be worried about massive waves of teamkillers inbound.
They will have an anti-grief system in place to prevent intentional teamkilling.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2012-07-13 at 01:11 PM.
Old 2012-07-13, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
They will have a grief system in place to reduce intentional teamkilling.
I TK in PS all the time, not always intentionally, but sometimes teammates just need killin.

Old 2012-07-13, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I TK in PS all the time, not always intentionally, but sometimes teammates just need killin.
Hehe well I can't argue with that, many a times I have wanted to remove some asinine friendly. (Although I think others have wanted to do the same to me)
Sometimes those on your team prove to be a worse enemy than your enemies

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2012-07-13, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Rodel
Sergeant

Replying at the risk of not reading anyones posts:

When you play PS you realize that its is the only war game ever made and everything else you've ever played was merely scenarios and firefights. I was astounded in PS1 when all the sudden I was playing and commanding my outfit better because I started applying lessons I learned from an advanced military history class I was taking at the time. This is something really special E3 only gave you a glimps

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions