Everybody gets to drive everything? WTF? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where the flame department is always needed!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-09-06, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Pvt Badger
Corporal

Re: Everybody gets to drive everything? WTF?

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
Sledgehammers can open several boxes at once.....
But in some cases rapid response is better than a battalion of lumbering tanks.
Let's say that your side has just captured quite a bit of territory with little resistance. Looking for more to shoot at, the platoon sets its sights elsewhere when suddenly the NC or VS have just plunged three kilometers into TR territory. It'll take a while to get into the fight in a MBT. A couple of Lightnings can easily get there before the MBT's can turn around and join in.
Old 2012-09-06, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Redshift
Major

If you want rapid response you fly.

I'm sorry but i just don't think the odd occassion where arriving a few seconds earlier is enough to justify an entire vehicle, if we can't have AMS's or ESbuggies or skyguards because there's no role for them i fail to see how the lightning can justify it's place, not while the MBT is essentially the same.
Old 2012-09-08, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Pvt Badger
Corporal

If you want rapid response you fly.

I'm sorry but i just don't think the odd occassion where arriving a few seconds earlier is enough to justify an entire vehicle, if we can't have AMS's or ESbuggies or skyguards because there's no role for them i fail to see how the lightning can justify it's place, not while the MBT is essentially the same.
Problem with that... AA is now hell for aircraft with that last patch. If you're trying to respond to an area via air and one guy with a Skyguard or AA MAX sees you, you could very well be fucked. The same guy sees you while you're in a Lightning and you can just drive on by. Sure, he's going to shoot at you but it's AA not AP. And if you're so keen on AMS's then go play PS1. Stop trolling the PSU PS2 forums.
Old 2012-09-08, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Redshift
Major

no need to call troll just because your arguements suck.

Your last argument about an AA MAX is shit also, i could make the point that if a heavy sees your lightning you're toast... it means nothing and doesn't change the fact the lightning is pointless..
Old 2012-09-08, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Pvt Badger
Corporal

no need to call troll just because your arguements suck.

Your last argument about an AA MAX is shit also, i could make the point that if a heavy sees your lightning you're toast... it means nothing and doesn't change the fact the lightning is pointless..
So if you're out of appropriate resources and have a cooldown active means the Lightning is useless when you can't spawn a MBT? I'm almost exclusively Lightning. I stay alive by keeping my speed up. An MBT can take a few more hits than a Lightning.

Also I noticed you didn't even support your claims. Lightnings are smaller and can Cert to be quieter when firing. To my knowledge MBT's can't. And talking about useless why is it that the TR love speed but are fascinated to sticking to the floor? I'm talking about Siege Mode for a Prowler and PS1 MAX's.
Old 2012-09-09, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by Pvt Badger View Post
So if you're out of appropriate resources and have a cooldown active means the Lightning is useless when you can't spawn a MBT?
That's not lightning exclusive that's any vehicle, we're talking about the MBT and lighting being too similar, the different resource is not related to the vehicle design itself.

Originally Posted by Pvt Badger View Post
Lightnings are smaller and can Cert to be quieter when firing. To my knowledge MBT's can't.
Everyone notices a tank firing .....unless you're blind.

But please remember i'm not arguing that we should remove the lightning (the more vehicle varieties the better imo) I'm arguing that the MBT currently drives like a big lightning and instead should require a second person to use the main gun.
Old 2012-09-09, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Pvt Badger
Corporal

The main gun of the MBT's are suited for Anti-armor or Anti-Infantry duties. The (Default) secondary gun, in my opinion, lacks the punch of a true AA weapon. A group of Skyguard can hold an area while the Aircraft take off. Using an MBT for the same role lets your Galaxy-mounted troops die before they can get out of the warzone in an extraction scenario. Yes, I'm aware of the AA gun you can fit to a MBT. I'm saying that it's more efficent to have Skyguards watching the skies instead of one-manned MBT's with AA guns. If you have two people in AA equipped MBT's and a tank dies then you have the problem of losing both AA and Anti-tank. AT Lightnings can patrol an area looking for Tanks or Heavy Assault while the Skyguards pound the air.

There's also the fact that the MBT's play off of Faction tactics. The Prowler is the fastest of the three while the Vanguard is slow and painful. So the MBT's being upgraded Lightnings is false.
Old 2012-09-09, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Redshift
Major

We're never going to agree so i think we'd better just let it die
Old 2012-09-09, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Sunrock
Major

Ok first of all way do you call Vanguards a Medium Battle Tank? I did not know there was a larger tanks..

But putting up a Lightning with a skyguard on it against any other tank is doomed to fail. Only way a Skyguard-Lightining can kill a Vanguard for an example is if the Vanguard ignores the threat.

Also the only way a skygaurd-lighting can shoot down anything is if the pilot ignores it. 1 Vs 1 Skygaurd equipped lightnings have no chance against Reavers or Shythese with rockets at least.
Old 2012-09-09, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Pvt Badger
Corporal

Why would ANYONE engage a MBT with a Skyguard? I'm talking about squad tactics! Having a group of Skyguard in an area helps to protect from air threats while AT's hunt tanks. I've been killed by a Skyguard before in my Scythe. I was quite embarrassed actually since I was looking above me to find the threat and not suspecting a ground target.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions