Choosing a faction - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look out! Sigbot has escaped!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-01-15, 05:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Moodel
Private

Re: Choosing a faction

@Mat

Ignore the above. Choose what you like to play. Test them all.
Old 2013-01-15, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
FreeSpeech
Corporal

But yes from an equipment standpoint the NC is the worst choice an the vanu is the best.

That quote there pretty much is the only thing you need to bear in mind.
Old 2013-01-15, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Honestly I would not advise you to listen to the people telling you to choose your faction based on playstyle. Choose for the colors and the appeal to you.
Old 2013-01-16, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
SDaxxter
Private

You don't have to marry your char. Simply spend some hours with each faction on a well populated Server, meet a Squad, watch and learn.

I never thought I'd stick to engineering inside fps. But, yes, chose NC because they're blue...
Old 2013-01-16, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Solkanarmy
Private

Originally Posted by FreeSpeech View Post
Do you want a team that actually ever does well on any of it's server zones?

Yes = TR
No = NC
NC on Woodman have Indar continent cap and have held it for 6 weeks and counting
Old 2013-01-16, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
But yes from an equipment standpoint the NC is the worst choice an the vanu is the best.
Well NC have the best anti infantry MAX and infiltrators. Only thing that the other two factions have is maybe better weapons for medics... Other wise NC is quite on par with the other two.
Old 2013-01-16, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
FreeSpeech
Corporal

Ha ha no way. The stock Max is hurrendously bad. And the infiltrator gun is nothing to sneeze at considering you can OHK with other faction snipers without even head shotting and that's forgetting that sniping is SO BORING!

The other factions have better weapons for everything! TR have bigger clips with high accuracy and VS have no recoil and essentially laser sniper guns on basic infantry. We get a tiny bit of extra damage but a recoil/bloom effect that defies the laws of physics.......much like the Scythe in general. Hell choose Vanu just for their Magrider and Scythe, they own their counterparts so easily.
Old 2013-01-16, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Well NC have the best anti infantry MAX and infiltrators. Only thing that the other two factions have is maybe better weapons for medics... Other wise NC is quite on par with the other two.
This has become the silliest Vanu/TR whine ever.

Who cares about MAXes?

Mag riders - important
Rifles - important
ESF - sort of important
MAX - hardly important

I only play NC. I could care less which MAX my side has. If the devs were to swap weapons - I wouldnt care. Essentially no battles are won or lost based on MAX fire power.
Old 2013-01-17, 04:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
FreeSpeech
Corporal

Basically he's chosen the two most uncommon things in Planetside 2 and claimed that makes NC worth playing!!
Old 2013-01-22, 12:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Lunacy
Private

Basically this is what each faction is:

TR - Control freaks. Basically bastard dictators.
NC - Americans; stupid, money-grabbing & rebel scum (and fat).
VS - A cult full of science nerds. Plain and simple (also spandex is ugly & for weirdos).

Screw them all. If I had to choose, TR because lots of ammo (important for a shotty wielding maniac) and red and black are my fav colours.
Old 2013-01-22, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Join TR or VS. NC need more enemies to farm certs off of.

Old 2013-01-22, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

What color scheme do you like most?

Black and Red? Go TR.

Blue and Yellow? Go NC.

Purple and Cyan? Go VS.

What kind of music do you like the most?

Epic movie orchestra? Go TR.
More guitar-based music? Go NC.
Synth and/or wubs? Go VS.

What kind of rankings do you like?

Pure Military Ranks? Go TR.
Ragtag Band ranks with a couple military ranks thrown in? Go NC.
Religious and/or Graeco-Roman ranks? Go VS.
Old 2013-01-23, 03:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Zazen
Private

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
Honestly I would not advise you to listen to the people telling you to choose your faction based on playstyle. Choose for the colors and the appeal to you.
Funny you say that. My first toon was Vanu, but wtf, Purple and turquoise or whatever color that is. After 3 days of cringing everytime I saw that I rolled an NC simply because blue is my favorite color.

Not to de-rail, but you must know if you're new, NC is totally gimp in almost every facet of the game right now except MAX'es within 10m or less. But, what that has done is caused all the candy-asses NC originally had to leave for TR or Vanu. So, the diehards who don't mind getting owned by Vanu light farters faster than a cat can lick its' arse compose the core of our people now. Everyone else long since left for greener pastures.

All that being said, this is SOE and it's an ever evolving MMO type game, they will take their sweet time as they have always done historically, but balance for NC will come eventually.
Old 2013-01-23, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
RWJP
Private

First character I pulled was an NC, simply because I thought they looked awesome, and because blue is my favourite colour!

I now have a TR character as well, as I was introduced to an awesome outfit that is TR only.

What i would sugges you do is pull one of each faction, and play them all for a while, and see what you find to be the most enjoyable for you.

As was said before, if you're in the EU, definitely consider playing on Miller. There are loads of organised outfits on all three sides (BRTD, INI Elite on TR, WASPs on NC to name a couple) that will make your game more enjoyable.
Old 2013-01-23, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
I only play NC. I could care less which MAX my side has. If the devs were to swap weapons - I wouldnt care. Essentially no battles are won or lost based on MAX fire power.
Not true, NC MAX with Dual Falcons is devastating against deployed Sunderers, and, in the right circumstances, against attacking infantry (it's a one salvo kill). I love this loadout!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions