Indoor Combat - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: can resist everything except temptation
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-03, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Question Indoor Combat

There has been allot of interesting discussion on the outdoor aspect of Planetside such as Tanks, planes, and vehicles.

My question is, what does everyone think indoor combat will be like? Will it involve running in and shooting everything that moves, or perhaps a more stealthy aspect? Or will it depend on how certain outfits want to play...

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-03, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Scary as hell best describes what i think it will be like, at least vs NC.

As far as tactics i think it will work like this. The NC will blitz the building attempting to overrun everyone and take key portions of the facility such as spawn tubes. The TR will do tedious, room by room fighting with alot of grenades. The Vanu, i doubt they can even get in the door.
Old 2002-12-03, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lazare
Corporal

we the vanu will go in with stealth and hacking or we disable your base with emp granades and all you see is the lazer beams that take you down one by one
Old 2002-12-03, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

I agree with Incompetent. It will be very scary vs. NC.

... Scary like a fox!

In all honesty though, Indoor vs. Outdoor fighting will be the difference between Underwater vs. Zero Gravity fighting. In some ways similar, yet vey different. I guess we'll just have to wait and see exactly what differences those entitle.
Old 2002-12-03, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Mold
Sergeant

id say a lot of grenades and maybe even some fierce close combat, depending on how confined the rooms are. Hopefully there will be a lot of good stuff to hide behind and not just have empty halls and baren rooms.
I never even thought about it much though, but if it would take a lot of time indoors to remove a dug in force from a compound then pilots would not play as big of a role as i thought. Although a pilot with cutidy upidy skills would be a good combo, ya think?
Old 2002-12-03, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Diviant
Contributor
First Sergeant

You could have the pilot(s) of your outfit park vehicles outside the doors and block the enemy from escaping. Also, MAX's will fit inside, so just imagine having a TR lock down in a hallway and rip all Vanu and NC to shreads.
Old 2002-12-03, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Vanu will probably the have the best indoor rifle, and that is the Lasher. It will be able to hit people behind cover with it's secondary fire and if it scores a direct hit, it can be devastating.

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-03, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

i suggest you look up the Jackhammer, the MAG-scatter and the Mini-gun. The lasher is NOT going to do massive damage when it hits, its a rifle with ok damage and a nice special ability.
Old 2002-12-03, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

The lasher will probably be nifty for defending a base as it will probably hit cloaked people as it passes by.

It still might be usefull if used by enough people in a squad, just spray to destract them, then its grenade time.

I'll love indoor battles as NC, I'll just sneak around that planted Terran and blast his spine with my jackhammer.
Old 2002-12-03, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Indoor combat will likely be a lot like Counter-strike or any other FPS with indoor areas. Weapons with a high rate-of-fire will likely be best, as the short range and more confined space will mean less ability to dodge, and closer range when you finally do fire at them.
Old 2002-12-03, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Da King
Sergeant

Bases In Planetsideare going to be very important to the expansion to an Empire. My view is that the TR will be the best at both capturing and defending bases. Reasons??

1. TRs sport a wide range if fast fireing weapons that could easilly destroy any that stand in their way.

2. TRs have the (hands down) best defensive MAX suit sure it will be very weak when un-deployed but when deployed I have one word. RUN

3. TRs not only have fast firering guns but they remain fairly accuret at long range unlike the jack hammer and MAG-Scatter.

But of coarse NC are good too with High damage at close range.

And for you Vanu-scum sure the lasher does damage around corners but so does the Pheonix. And a Pheonix vs. a Lasher ......um you do the math.
Old 2002-12-03, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Zumthor
Staff Sergeant

:o
Yeah but you cant use a pheonix inside too well can ya!
Old 2002-12-03, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

I can almost guarantee that you NC are gonna screw up with your Phoenix inside and possibly kill your teammates and yourselves. Oh and the NC prob won't get close enough to the Vanu so the MAG-Scatter and Jackhammer won't be that useful. However, I do agree that TR will probably be most effective at taking and defending bases.

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-03, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
m0rphiu5
NC Superior
Firepower

personally i think both TR and NC will be very effective at taking bases, TR's rate of fire and acuracy at range will make them more suited to defence.

I think well organised attacks will consists of several stages, possibly an incursion by stealths, who kill key personelle and disable whateva defences they can.... they then lay low. The base would then be pummeled by tanks at long range (NCs tank would out peform most in this role). A large assult force would be airlifted to a series of rally points around the entrances during this time.. The assult force would then enter the base and overrun whateva resistance is left.
Old 2002-12-03, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Camping Carl
Major

I wouldn't be so sure, we don't know just how easy it will be to fly a phoenix around inside a base. I could just see (well not actually see) a door being opened by a stealth NC guy. The vanu guys turn around to see why it opened, and 5 or 6 pheonix missles come flyin' in. BOOM! Dead Vanu....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion