? about hacking - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Queue hail of gunfire.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-13, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SpartanSniper
Private

? about hacking

what part do u have to hack in a base to take it over?do u have to have adv. hacking?thanks for any answers
Old 2003-05-13, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Zenny
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

You hack the Command Center of a base, location of it varies among bases. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you dont need any certs to hack a CC, but Hack and Adv. Hack only increase the speed of hack.
Old 2003-05-13, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
InuYasha
Corporal

That's right, anybody can hack a control console, it just takes really long if you aren't an advanced hacker. Getting the hacking certs lets you do fun things like hack faster, hack terminals, hack lockers, and of course, hack other people's vehicles. Loads of fun, if you ask me.

InuYasha
Nothing even remotely entertaining here
Old 2003-05-13, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Stregone
Private

Yup, I just hacked a tower back this evening, and I have no hacking certs. Took a while though
Old 2003-05-14, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Straynjer
Private

If you hack an enemy vehicle that you don't have a cert in, can you use it?

If not, is there _any_ way to get access to enemy unique vehicles? I wanna flog one of those NC tanks.
Old 2003-05-14, 05:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Gobberlerra
Private

I've seen pics of people in other vehicles of other team only, although in there colours. Dunno how they do it though.

[Join BOA] [Visit BOA]
Go On, You Know It Makes Sense!
Old 2003-05-14, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SpartanSniper
Private

is the thing that u hack big and easy to spot or is it hidden somewhere?
Old 2003-05-14, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Diviant
Contributor
First Sergeant

The Control Consoles (CC's for short) are not hidden. There are certain types of bases-Amp Stations, Bio Laboratories, Tech Plants, etc.- Now, each type of base always has the same layout. So once you've gone through a few times in a certain type of base, then you'll know where the CC is, because it doesn't move.

No hacking cert allows you to hack bases and towers, but very slowly.

Hacking cert allows you to hack equipment terminals, lockers, vpads, and hack faster (doors, CC's, etc.)

Advanced Hacking cert allows you to hack enemy vehicles and hack everything mentioned above, faster.

If you hack a vehicle, you CANNOT enter the said vehicle unless you have a certification, but the main point would be to hack an enemy vehicle and deconstruct it so they cannot use it.
Old 2003-05-14, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

As a side note, you can hack a tank or buggy and then hop in the gunner position. Gunners need no certs after all.
Old 2003-05-14, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Hacking explained

A quick 101 on hacking.

You do not need any hacking certifications to hack the CC of a building. In towers this is generaly on the third floor of the tower and is very easy to spot due to the lack of furrnature in tower. Bases it varies depending on the base type, most of the time it's on the bottom floor of the facility although sometimes it's only one floor deep or on the upper tier. Either way the CC room will be marked on your mini map wth a flag icon.

When you go up to hack something you point your REK at it and hold down the mouse button until the hacking dialog pops up. Note, and i pass this on because it took me a stretch to figure out. Once the dialog has opened up you may release the mouse button and type use medkit etc. This allows you to keep your team updated on your progress. I need to stress this, if your not a MAX you need to have an REK on you, most likely in your pistol slot at all times, because at enemy bases you will need to be hacking DOORS. Anyone can hack doors it just takes a little bit although not that long.

Ok final breakdown

No cert allows you to: Hack doors, and the controll console, it just takes half a year.

Hacking: Allows you to hack vehicles (albiet slow as hell) lockers, I think cert and implant terminals although since i'm an advanced hacker I cant verify. It also signifigantly speeds the hacking of control consoles. Important: With Hacking you can hack vehicle terminals, this coupled with an AMS certification makes taking bases so much easier.

Advanced Hacking allows you to hack inventory terminals and a signifigant improvement on the speed of all hacks. For cheap entertainment, find an enemy AMS in the field (Advanced Mobile Station) have large people with guns guard the spawn tubes, hack away. Not only have you deprived their team of a spawn faster then you could blow it up without a tank youve also gven your team a home away from home.

Hope this clears up any mysteries.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-05-14, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Damn you all for posting while i was posting. As to getting enemy tanks and such, certs in planetside are universal. If your a Vanu and you have a tank cert you can drive a Prowler. Also regardless of certs you can always operate the guns, and/or breakdown the vehicle.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion