Empire Improvement Ideas - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma and Marsman. The Dynamic Duo.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-13, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Darken
Private

Empire Improvement Ideas

Issues:

1) The pulsar- this weapon needs an upgrade, noone carries it because its inferior at every range. It needs an optimal kill zone whether that be at long or medium range is up to developers, its damage dropoff at these ranges are terrible and mitigates the weapons low recoil.

2) The Thresher- The thresher is the worst vehicle in the game. Its weapon is weak, its armor is weak. The gun is weak because its trying to fill the role of being both anti-infantry and anti-vehicle. This vehicle needs a second weapon, the gunner should shoot a higher powered weapon, a vanu equivalent of the enforcers or mauraders main gun and the driver should retain control of its current gun in a fashion simaler to the magrider.

3) The Lasher- the lasher is a good weapon which suffers from the flaw of being incredibly hard to use effectively, at close range it works well but its not equal to the jackhammer or minichaingun even at the closest range. At range its rounds are too easy to dodge. It needs above a 50% improvment in projectile speed or a improvement in splash damage making it more of a squad support weapon rather then a lone wolf wep.

TR Ideas

1) DC Max- The DC max needs to be better against vehicles, because of the way threshold works its bullets to relatively little damage against tanks and heavily armored stuff, its supposed bread and butter targets. Just improve this Maxs damage per shot against vehicles.
2) MCG- The MCG is really just a poor cycler with a big clip, its Cof needs to be changed. Maybe this weapon could become a true squad support weapon. Its cone of fire should start out fairly large because its a big and unwieldly weapon, but because the weapon is heavy and shoots tiny AI rounds its cone of fire should remain the same size even when fired full auto. This way the weapon becomes good at medium to short ranges and becomes a supressing fire machine.
3) The Prowler- The prowler's main guns do the same damage as the lightnings gun despite being 100mm not 75. The prowlers main guns need a slight upgrade in damage to make up for the Vanguards one shot kill of infantry and the Magriders no arc wep.
4)The Maurader- Just a small change here, make it easier to see in the maurder in first person, the cockpit view is heavily restritive.

NC Ideas
1) The Phoenix- The Phoenix needs a two round clip. Like the striker that still wont give it enough damage to kill a max without a reload but it makes it way more effective against light buggies and aircraft. It really takes a ton of time to do relatively little damage with the phoenix.

Alright lets hear some comments
Old 2003-06-13, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
TekDragon
Contributor

Actually....

Those sounded like pretty good ideas.

Would bring all the empires closer together in terms of effectiveness without the dreaded nerfing (which causes more problems than it fixes)

Old 2003-06-13, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
MJBuddy
Master Sergeant

ya, id like to see all that implemented, if only to test and see if it's all evened out

good ideas
Old 2003-06-13, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
TheJingle
Private

I think you hit the nail on the head pretty well here . Only thing I would say is the Vanu AV weapons stupid damage over time component should be done away with or changed to make it so the damage stacks .
Old 2003-06-14, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

The Vanu got so goddamn screwed in the heavy buggy department it isn't even funny. TR get a mortar, NC get a giant rocket launcher, and the Vanu get some piddly little laser gun which probably does as much damage as the Marauder's 12mm chaingun. The Thresher needs to fire off either insane ammounts of energy rounds to completely saturate fairly large areas with pink-purple death, or it needs to fire explosive projectiles. Until that happens, I don't think it'll ever be worthwhile.

As for the Pulsar, I don't know. I haven't tested its AP mode, but not having to carry AP rounds to be able to fire AP shots is a nice plus I think. Its standard fire should be slightly weaker if it's going to have that built-in versitility.
Old 2003-06-14, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
TheJingle
Private

The problem is its not "slightly weaker " its damage dropoff at range is alot more than the other empires which is the main problem with it i think (who cares if its accurate at long ranges if you do 1-2 dmg per shot =P , or if it has armor piercing rounds that do very low damage) .
Old 2003-06-14, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

whats so bad about nerfing?
Old 2003-06-14, 01:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Nukeman3578
Private

the pheonix DOES NOT need a 2 round clip, the nc are strong enough.
Old 2003-06-14, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by TheJingle
The problem is its not "slightly weaker " its damage dropoff at range is alot more than the other empires which is the main problem with it i think (who cares if its accurate at long ranges if you do 1-2 dmg per shot =P , or if it has armor piercing rounds that do very low damage) .
I don't have enough experience to say one way or another, and until I see some data to prove one way or another, I can't make a firm stance on the weapon needing improvement or not.
Old 2003-06-14, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
The_Ham
Honey Glazed

yeah, the phoenix doesn't need any kind of boost. It is already the only weapon in the game that doesn't require line of site to hit a target and it does massive damage.
Old 2003-06-14, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Darken
Private

Consider this a lancer or striker user can put out about 3x as much dmg as a phoenix user over time. If you get killed my a phoenix and your in a full health max or reaver that guy has been shootin at you for the last 12-18s.
Old 2003-06-14, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Shadowsword8
Contributor
Corporal

Originally posted by The_Ham
yeah, the phoenix doesn't need any kind of boost. It is already the only weapon in the game that doesn't require line of site to hit a target and it does massive damage.
I strongly suggest you to make a test: take 3 tanks, a lancer, a striker and a phoenix. Then kill a tank with each of the weapons. If after that you say the phoenix is equivalent to the two others, then you're stupid.

Yes, the phoenix don't need any line of sight Which is an advantage. But this edge is already offset by the fact that you're standing still, which make you a very easy target.

IMHO, the phoenix need a 2 rounds clip, and an increase (around 25%) of the speed of the missiles, without range modification. It would be a little harder to control the missile, and a little easier to hit flying vehicles...
Surely you, but never I.
Old 2003-06-14, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
beavis88
Sergeant

I strongly suggest you to make a test: take 3 tanks, a lancer, a striker and a phoenix. Then kill a tank with each of the weapons. If after that you say the phoenix is equivalent to the two others, then you're stupid.
The guys with the striker and lancer got RUN OVER by the tank because they were out in the open. The guy with the phoenix, if he was smart, spent his reload time moving around, out of sight.

The Phoenix is NOT equivalent to the striker which is NOT equivalent to the lancer -- and that's the point. Different empires, different weapons, different relative strengths and weaknesses.
Old 2003-06-14, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Darken
Private

whats funny is the vanu thresher weapon acually does less damage against infantry then the Tr mauraders chaingun, its secondary wep.
Old 2003-06-14, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Spider
General

Great ideas mate!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion