How successful have you been in getting your wife/girlfriend to play? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Lather, Rinse, Repeat
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: So how successful are you in getting your wife/girlfriend to play?
She and I battle to use the computer all the time. 4 6.35%
She tried it once or twice but just didn't dig it. 17 26.98%
She thinks my playing is grounds for a divorce. 11 17.46%
Huh? I play 30 hours a week, I don't have a life much less a girlfriend/wife. 31 49.21%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-07-18, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Bismarck
You have no earthly idea what you're missing.

Now I love PS and I play it alot (I chose option # 4). I used to have a g/f, but I dunno, every girl I like doesnt like me and the girls that like me are preppy whiny bitches.

Uhh back to the point. Halo kicks the the shit outta PS. If they make a online Halo, that will be the end of my gaming career, that will become the only game I ever play from then on.

For now I have to basically "waste time" with PS and HL2 until Halo 2 comes out. Halo is worth the price of the Xbox alone.

But....PS has replay value, different battles, real people, d/lable content. Halo has very little replay value, although I admit I have played each level at least 50 times with my friends.
Halo is the best game ever (in my opinion, although, really, it is...), it was worth the 350 dollars when I got it. I think I have mastered the control scheme, had to get used to not ducking though. But yeah, if you get used to the controls you can do CRAZY stuff in it, stuff I have never done in a PCFPS.

Cmon Halo 2...
Old 2003-07-18, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

well to answer the thread's question, we want to get it going, but her comp wont run it (still trying to get it working though )
-------------------------------
And yes, Halo does very much KA
sold around 5.5 mill copies so far
Cant wait for 2
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."

Last edited by MrVulcan; 2003-07-18 at 11:34 PM.
Old 2003-07-19, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
PeregineDive
Staff Sergeant

Halo 2 is gonna be off the hook gentlemen! I can not wait... and what about HL2? Holy cow, never seem anything like it before... HL2 & Halo 2 in game video footeage anyone? Amazing and new stuff, I was blow away the first time I saw both of those.

As for the girl friend crap - girls R evil. Of course, what would college parties be like with out them? not very fun! Gotta take the good with the bad. Only one girl I've ever dated played video games, if you want to call them that. Mario Kart 64 - which, I will admit, was a fun game.

So I dunno guys, you let the ladies win, or stomp 'em into the ground to show your dominance?

-PD
Old 2003-07-19, 01:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

HL2... well, I never cared much for HL *playing too much UT * but it does look good... will have to play it before I buy it (where as Im getting Halo2 soon as I can )

as far as let win/destroy the ladies....
I do a real fight, whoever wins, wins
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-07-30, 03:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
SkittlezX
Private

My girl liked CS. She would be playing it everytime I came back from getting a sandwhich or something. She thinks Planetside is too dorky though. I'm 16 and she is a 15 year old Prep so go fig. out. Skitt
Old 2003-07-30, 03:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Intruder
First Sergeant

My G/F plys computer games, but shes more into GTA3 and UT rather than PS... too many options.

But shes not a gamer...

My best friend dated a gamer chick, she went mental on him...

And I work with a gamer chick, they can be cool, but the main point you have to remember is that they are diferent to betty blonde, and as such have to be treated differently.

Also... been gaming for years and years, first FPS multiplayer - duke3d, first FPS - wolfenstien.. and I never use WASD, im a arrows kinda guy, of course me being left handed is "sopposedly" why I use arrows, or so everyone tells me

The second one he was in his skeeter
Old 2003-07-30, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Will
Private

Gamer girlfriends...my Ex was on the UK women's CS team, but I never got to see her since she played a minimum 3 hours a day. Trust me, you don't want a hardcore gamer for a girlfriend.

My girlfriend at the moment likes Warcraft 3 a lot, but she doesn't get FPS games. The whole "move your mouse to change where you look" makes her feel a bit sick. But she takes enough of my computer time as it is, so I can live with that.
Old 2003-07-30, 05:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
SkittlezX
Private

Unlike you I can sit an d watch someone play a game for 3 hours given they are actually doing something. CS rules! Skitt
Old 2003-07-30, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Will
Private

Originally posted by SkittlezX
Unlike you I can sit an d watch someone play a game for 3 hours given they are actually doing something. CS rules! Skitt
I feel so pwned by your comment. Try it for 2 years and then tell me you feel the same way.

Edit : Ah, wait, I'm 26, you're 16. Different priorities.
Old 2003-07-30, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Intruder
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Will
I feel so pwned by your comment. Try it for 2 years and then tell me you feel the same way.

Edit : Ah, wait, I'm 26, you're 16. Different priorities.

Agree with you loud and clear there, games at our age come second to:
work
g/f /wife (on in my case wife to be!)
kids
did I mention work?

The second one he was in his skeeter
Old 2003-07-30, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Will
Private

I'd miss out work totally there. Its just an interruption to my day of sleeping, playing, smoking, and my girlfriend. And they don't go in that order.
Old 2003-07-30, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
FireWolf22
Sergeant

Just a little note

My GF and I both Play. She use to play just solataire and card games. Then I had her start playing PS. I had to teach her a few things first. I hate watching someone play when I can't. So I bought me a new custome built PC. I love my new rig. She has the old one. Then I found out I couldn't play on both machines at the sametime on the same account. Had to go buy a new PS game and start her, her own account. Now we play everyday. She loves it. It only cost $909 and $12 a month to get her to play, but I did it damn it. We love to play on the game together. I do think that we play more, when I'm home from work than we should. Not a lot of together time, even though we are in the same room sitting 2 ft apart. HUMMMM....think I not going to be playing PS tonight. I think that it is time for me and the Lady to chill out together. Watch a movie or something. Get some hold time tonight. I think I begining to miss it.

So my advise get one that games, but know when to call it quits on the gaming and spend time together.

Wolf
Old 2003-07-30, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
LeLoki
Private

If I could get mine to log off of EQ for more then 2 minutes I could probaly get her to play. As it is all I hear is how I need to come back to EQ.
Old 2003-07-30, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
NCG JMan
First Sergeant

LOL. I love this thread. My situation is similar to some. My wife doesn't really play video games. She deosn't even play "Solitaire". But get this, when I am on the computer, she breaks out the "GameBoy"...ya...the "GameBoy" and plays "Tetris". She's a damn wizard at that game, but she doesn't even want to try other games.....go figure. I take that back. She did get on her computer once and play an online version of a "Tetris" like game until she beat it....now she's back to the "GameBoy". But at least she doesn't nag me about being ont the computer. She just says I should set limits to my "on" time and I have to agree. But it's either that or watch TV. I choose gaming.
Old 2003-07-30, 08:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Mejwell
Sergeant

Are you talking about the old toaster-sized Gameboy? Because that would be old-school, yo'.

Uh.

Word?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion