Re-Certification - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Oh sure, NOW you wanna join the VS...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-11-27, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Jagd
Major

They've been referring to them like that for ages, and the general consensus is that they're foreshadowing heavy tanks in a future expansion.
Old 2003-11-27, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Ait'al
Contributor
General

This is completely the wrong way to encourage vehicle use. its to simple. And the certs were designed to uphold the RPG element of hte game. This is tweeaking them too much and even if you add more vehicles later you have just taken away to much realism. they didnt think this out well enough. There almost giving up with the original game design and trying to just add a fix cause they couldnt think of something good enough. thats not good! they have ot make certain game designs more complex on the programming side to allow more room for stuff. but very carefully. Like some more details that make stuff more defined or an aspect of vehicles more powerfull. Like adding a new thing to htem in general. Something logical though. that way theres more room for something to fit in the balance. I can think what but it has to be something damn good but simple at the same time.

that or combo the certs more logically. too somehting logical and realistic. But it can still have detrimental affects.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-27 at 02:14 AM.
Old 2003-11-27, 02:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Strak
Corporal

Or maybe they are implementing it casue people on the forums said....

They should bundle the Gal with the sunderer and Deliverer and LodeStar! ya that would be great!

And such things as

OH COOL! I can get my ATVs with one certification now THAT kicks ass.

I mean get a clue, people have been asking for something like this, even if it wasn't a major overhaul like we are getting. It won't change my driving activities. I will still be out and about with some sort of vehicle, lightning, harasser, skyguard, thresher, who knows. I have more options now. kick ass.

Why do people always have to complain about improvements or changes?

Change is a good thing and I applaud the devs for keeping things relatively fresh and changing things so the game dosen't stagnate as much as it could.
Old 2003-11-27, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

So odd to find such logic among the Vanu.

I agree, Strak.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-27, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Someone said it on these forums a couple months ago in one of their topics.

Welcome to Vehicleside.

I guess its a good idea overall, but I fear the battlefield is changing to where infantry is needed less and less, except for inside bases and towers.

Like I said, I don't think its a bad idea, but I think it will be uncomfortable for a little bit for people to have to adjust.

It wouldn't be so bad if assault certs were changed and packaged around, too.

God, it takes 5 points to get advanced hacking. Sure its nice to have but very few people spend that much.

Advanced medic is another 5 points that few are willing to spend.

Maybe the more support certs you have, the less they are?

Your first cert, lets say engineering, costs you 3 points as normal. If you decide to pick up hacking as well, it costs you 2 points instead of 3, since you already have another support cert. Finally, picking a 3rd support certification will only cost 1 point thereafter(in this example, Medical, Advanced Hacking, and Combat Engineering are available as 3rd options).

I'm not really sure about that either...I like having a limited role. It is supposed to be a team game...I think bundling certs is a little silly...
Old 2003-11-27, 05:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
TeraHertz
Major

f***ing yeaaas. Deliverer for 2 certs?! W0000t!

My favourite vehicle for a cut price, and a free reaver magnet to boot. :-D
Old 2003-11-27, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Jagd
Major

I don't think they should make support certs that cheap, but making the basic skills cost 2 would be a nice change. I don't think they should touch the weapons though, because as long as they're tweaking vehicles and other stuff to free up cert points, you can afford to pick up a couple weapon skills, if you haven't already.
Old 2003-11-27, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
noxious
Second Lieutenant

This change will only effect me ever so slightly. I've got 1 cert left over because I prefer mosq over reaver, so now I'll end up getting both of them Alternately, if some of the vehicles that would be avaliable individually get their cost reduced (and I consider this likely) then perhaps the magrider will be reduced to two certs by itself and the mosquito to two certs as well. Then I could finally do what I have always wish my build could do, and have both of those certs, rather than having to switch every now and then.
Old 2003-11-27, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Ait'al
Contributor
General

the problem is htis is cutting into the smaller less used cert designes and possibly making many of htem impossible. You now cant do about half the character designs you could before. Having all those extra things could go against someones design and they always could have gone with just adding more certs max in some way and not causing htat problem.

There simplifying when they need to be diversifying.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-27 at 06:54 PM.
Old 2003-11-27, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Rayder
General

Misc Info

What they should have done would be to keep the individual certs, that would kill all this mess.
Old 2003-11-27, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Ait'al
Contributor
General

And also remember this. When you can make a powerfull so called one man army character in hte game when its hard to get all the certs or you have to use the ones you have to there extent to do it, it gives you RESPECT! when they simplify it and your a one man army your abusing hte game and htat makes you a DICKHEAD! There removing all respect any of you would get for managing to be good. Everything is now attainable by the biggest idiot.

RESPECT, DICKHEAD, RESPECT, DICKHEAD..... Which do you prefer!

Uni-max is osund as has been stated but... 3 cert 3cert 2 cert for 5 is not right it should be 7. then it would be right. and there arent any combos that need to be made/or wont affect gameplay that havent been already implemented. Assuming they were good ideas in the first place. I still like the idea of everything being seperate. Though the maxes would still be good since your really just changing hte guns on hter arms(at 7 certs). If they reverted the system back and made hte unimax and gave it a 30-45 second wait timer while its "changing hte guns" that would be cool(if there isnt one already). YOu dont need to combo cert vehicles cause weapons already are and the vehicles were meant to be the thing that wasnt so that the vehicles would have to be designed better to fit in the game. the only problems to vehicles are things like hte hart timer or other changes to non vehicles related thing, so the answer is not to change the vehicles but just fix those other htings and let us renew the vehicles popularity.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-27 at 08:11 PM.
Old 2003-11-27, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Hamma
Very interesting
Indeed.

However, I wouldn't be making all this speculation just yet. You really don't know what it means until you experiance it. Why not wait and see what happens, BEFORE you start bitching and whining?

Just a thought.

Last edited by Flammey; 2003-11-27 at 09:10 PM.
Old 2003-11-27, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Hamma
Very interesting
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indeed.

However, I wouldn't be making all this speculation just yet. You really don't know what it means until you experiance it. Why not wait and see what happens, BEFORE you start bitching and whining?

Just a thought.
Then whats the point of a discussion thread. 8)
Old 2003-11-27, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Rayder
General

Misc Info

YOu dont need to combo cert vehicles cause weapons already are and the vehicles were meant to be the thing that wasnt so that the vehicles would have to be designed better to fit in the game. the only problems to vehicles are things like hte hart timer or other changes to non vehicles related thing, so the answer is not to change the vehicles but just fix those other htings and let us renew the vehicles popularity
Ok Ait? You need to learn how to word your statements better. I get the first part, but "the vehicles were meant to be the thing that wasnt so that the vehicles would have to be designed better to fit in the game." ?

7 certs for the 3 MAXs is one less than it is now. That is bs, 5 is a good number, because as was stated earlier, if you don't use the MAXs now, your most likely not going to use the Uni-MAX feature, your probably just going to get one.
Old 2003-11-27, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm just saying, don't go overboard about things. You don't even know what this might mean towards your characters and certs. It might be exactly what you think it is. It might however mean something completely different, and you might end up looking the fool.
LOL. You want to bitch and whine, go right ahead. Me, I don't see the point. YET. Perhaps when I see these changes in effect and I find something to bitch about, then I will. Right now I just don't see the point in wasting our words for something that might end up being nothing important at all.

Throwing out ideas on how things should be done, or how something can be made different, doesn't factor into what I said in my previous post or points. Just don't let your panties crawl up your ass over what this Recertification might do to your character. I doubt any of you really know how things will work. Oh, and as for who would use the Mosquito for 4 points when they have the Reaver cert? Ask yourself, how are you going to get a Reaver at this base, when you don't own it, or when you don't own Technology plants? I'm sure you'd hop in that Mosquito if it meant you had too, to stop that Liberator overhead. Just think about it for a while.

Last edited by Flammey; 2003-11-27 at 09:50 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion