Gameplay: Gadget packs for infiltrator - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Spelling optional.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-06-07, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

Gadget packs for infiltrator

I had some ideas for the infiltrator class in the form of gadget packs i guess yould call them. If done correctly none of these would be game breaking and could make playing infiltrator a hell of a lot of fun. I know gadgets are going to be in the game already but i doubt any of these. All of these are hypothetical and more or less just to be thought provoking and hopefully people will add their own. All of these would maybe have some sort of tradeoff like no cloaking, when these abilities were equipped or giving up secondary weapon etc. Im sure some sort of balance system could be worked in easily and it wouldnt be that big a deal as a lot of these are alternate forms of transportation, alert systems etc. Like i say i havent the slightest clue what gadgets the infiltrator will have so these are just some ideas id like to see.

Pack 1: Glider pack: This would be a set of wings made of energy for VS probably or lightweight material for TR and NC that would extend from the infiltrators back allowing him to glide from high places just like a hang glider. It would be a part of his suit and be reuseable with a cooldown and maybe the more you certed it the less of a cooldown it would have or maybe it could have a limited amount of time it could be deployed and lengthen the time it could be used by certing it more.

Pack 2: Grappling hook/zipline: This would be just what it says, a grappling hook you could fire that sticks to surfaces that you could either climb up to get over walls or it could be used as a zipline if connected to two points. I could see snipers getting a lot of use out of this to quickly get into a good sniping position.

Pack 3: Gravity boots: This ones a little out there but itd be alot of fun to use i imagine. These boots would basically allow the infiltrator to walk on ceilings and walls for a LIMITED TIME. The more you cert it the longer you could use it for so that it didnt become overpowered, but it would be great for hiding on a ceiling as somebody came through a doorway to a hack point etc to ambush them.

Pack 4: Cloak Detection: This would basically make the infiltrator a hunter seeker for other infiltrators , the more you cert it the better it would work and the longer it would last, it would have a temporary time it could be activated so that it wasnt over powered. I realize too that the stealth they have u can actually still see them if you looked carefully but like i say these are all hypathetical and just basic ideas.

Pack 5: Caltrops / Emp mine: These would be items you could toss down in a corridor etc that would slow enemies (caltrops) or act as a temporary trap that would short circuit Max units for a few seconds depending on which one you used, if you used the emp mine it wouldnt do anything to the regular infantry and the max would ignore the caltrops. The more it was certed the bigger the area it would affect and longer time the effect would last.

Pack 6: Sticky camera: This could be stuck to an enemy unit and basically it would allow you to see through the enemys eyes for a brief period of time, it would be an alternate fire for one of the sniper rifles kindve like a dart and as it would be very fragile if the enemy took any damage it would be instantly destroyed.

Pack 7:Jammer: This would be a deployable with very low HP that could be dropped that would jam radar in a certain location or block cloak use within a certain radius, it would have limited energy as well and the more it was certed the longer it would last. This would not affect the HP of the jammer however.

Pack 8: Disguise kit: This would allow the infiltrator to once he killed an enemy as long as it wasnt a max unit to steal his identity so to speak and appear as a member of the opposite faction. It would require the infiltrator to "Hack" the body to represent the time it took to equip the disguise. While in this disguise he could not fire his weapons and could only use his knife, any damage and the disguise would drop. They had this in enemy territory quake wars and it was a lot of fun, you could tell it was an enemy infiltrator/covert ops by their foots steps sounding different, so something similar could be worked out in this little tells that would give them away to the attentive player.

Pack 9: Remote control drone: This would be a small flying spy drone the infiltrator could use for recon of an area. It would have a limited range and amount of energy as well as very low hp and no weapons. It would strictly be to get visual and scout the area.

Pack 10: Infravision: This ones gonna make you wanna kick me in the balls for suggesting it lol but if done right it would be okay and it wouldnt be something that could be abused. Basically it would allow the infiltrator to see through walls for a few seconds, it would since its such a powerful abilty have a long cooldown on it of at least five minutes probably more, not sure on the specifics and not sure this one could even be implemented without causing issues but if it could be done correctly itd be pretty awesome i think, but i could also see its potential to be abused, so kindve up in the air about this one.

Pack 11: Decoy: This would be a holographic decoy the infiltrator could drop to draw the enemys attention. It would be best used from quite a distance as once the enemy got close enough it would be easy to tell what it was. Also if any damage is done to the holo emitter it would be instantly destroyed.

Pack 12: Slick: This would be similar to the caltrops except instead of slowing the enemy it would force them to continue in the direction they were going until they reached the end of the oil slick. Itd basically be like a slip in slide. If placed strategically it could have a ton of uses, such as used in conjuction with an engy who dropped some mines at the end of the slick or if put on stairs it would make it take longer to ascend the stairs. It wouldnt be a total lack of friction just a huge reduction of it. Theyre already talking about an ice continent so im thinking maybe the engine already supports slipping and sliding to make the ice areas seem more realistic, maybe not but who knows.

Pack 13: Distractor: This would be a device that would imitate the sound of gunfire and could be tossed to throw the enemy off as to your actual location. Similar to the distraction noise makers in Cod black ops

Pack 14: Sabotage ability: This would be an ability to sabotage a resupply terminal or vehicle spawn terminal that when used would have some adverse effect like cause the enemy to only be halway resupplied or not at all if certed enough and force them to respawn or get ammo from another source. It could also be used to make vehicles spawn with some sort of disadvantage such as half speed for a limited time or half health etc. It would only work on the initial use of the console and could be removed by another infiltrator who rehacked the console to make it friendly again. It would basically just be an annoyance to slow down the enemy somewhat. I think it would make more sense like this than having the console explode or something and kill the enemy as thats a little bit OP . So i think this way makes most sense.

Could probably think of more ideas but these are some basic ones that i dont think would be all that hard to implement and wouldnt be game breaking and wouldnt make the infiltrator super powerful but would just make it feel more versatile in its uses and a lot of fun to play.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
NoKitty
Private

Re: Gadget packs for infiltrator

i like a lot of those ideas. they need some refinement but they look fun.

i think one of the devs may have mentioned this idea, as well as someone on another post, but scanner nades would be awesome and give the infil class a great addition to his team. now whether that nade give radar, 3d mapping, or xray outlines/profiles, and how often it scans per second is up for debate but i really would like to see that utiliy added to the infils gadgets.

also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKMcMzdwAp8#t=1m41s

i want to be able to break out a smoke or flashbang on demand when i get into a sticky situation, instead of throwing it away from my body and waiting for it to go off while i am shredded/vaporized.

edit: another thing i'd like to add, everyone will have access to nightvision i believe, but i think infils ought to have access to some kind of advanced night vision, where they can see more clearly as though it were day (think riddick's eyes)

Last edited by NoKitty; 2012-06-07 at 11:18 PM.
Old 2012-06-07, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
AssassinGT
Private

I love a lot of these ideas. The concept of making the infiltrator more agile and maneuverable is definitely something to look into. Honestly, it should be the most agile class since it's the lightest. Stuff like gliders, grapple hooks and anything else to help him get around more quickly and quietly would be approved in my book. The other ideas could make the infiltrator more of a commando spec, which could be cool if you wanna spec it to be so though in certs.

Honestly, there's so many good ideas popping up on these forums. I'm curious to know if the Dev's even read these forums, and if they did would they even have time to implement any of the ideas.
Old 2012-06-08, 06:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by NoKitty;719126
also this: [url
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKMcMzdwAp8#t=1m41s[/url]

i want to be able to break out a smoke or flashbang on demand when i get into a sticky situation, instead of throwing it away from my body and waiting for it to go off while i am shredded/vaporized.

edit: another thing i'd like to add, everyone will have access to nightvision i believe, but i think infils ought to have access to some kind of advanced night vision, where they can see more clearly as though it were day (think riddick's eyes)
I like that idea as well, i could see that, the flashbang thing. The best part about most of these ideas i dont think theyd even be all that hard to code in and ive seen a lot of them in other games so im just about positive it could be done. You gave me another idea, id like to see too like a darkness nade maybe, some kindve grenade that would absorb all the ambient light and make it pitch black (sorry couldnt resist lol). That riddicks eyes ability would be great as long as it didnt give them a huge advantage, i think it may give too much of an advantage though, but maybe not. I love those movies btw, i read somewhere theyre making a new one. Hope thats true riddick is a BAD ASS lol.

Last edited by Shinjorai; 2012-06-08 at 06:43 AM.
Old 2012-06-08, 06:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by AssassinGT View Post
Honestly, there's so many good ideas popping up on these forums. I'm curious to know if the Dev's even read these forums, and if they did would they even have time to implement any of the ideas.
Yeah i agree, i liked that one idea about the airship outfit bases, that seems to be popping up in a lot of games, they were discussing something similar in the SWTOR forums before it launched. Things like that make these games so much better i think and give the outfits something else to shoot for and work toward. As far as this infiltrator stuff, i definitely hope they keep adding gadgets to the class. Really always loved stealthy type classes and think that so very much potential is there. Just look at the assassins creed and splinter cell series. Great games.
Old 2012-06-08, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I think the claymores, c4s, mines are destructive enough.
Old 2012-06-08, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
WVoneseven
Corporal

The glider is something i REALLY want to see happen!!
Old 2012-06-08, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
NoKitty
Private

I'm excited for the new riddick movie especially bc i heard that vin has a big part in creative control this time around.
Old 2012-06-08, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

I always thought the riddick universe would make an awesome mmo too. Course as much as theyre making mmos these days i imagine well see one eventually.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault