Double SC on Black friday - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If PSU were beer, I'd buy a case.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-11-27, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ghost Runner
Staff Sergeant

Wink Double SC on Black friday

Dont know if anyone care's but SOE is doing it again Double SC on Black friday
Old 2014-11-28, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
almalino
First Sergeant

Re: Double SC on Black friday

Is it this weekend? Good
Old 2014-11-28, 04:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ghost Runner
Staff Sergeant

Well im not at home were I can access my email but it should be going on right now or in a few hours but pretty much all day today.
Old 2014-11-29, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

I bought 5 1500 SC cards over a year ago when they were on sale for $10.00.

At the time I was intending to redeem them for 3x but now Im quite pleased to have been able to redeem them for 2x.
Old 2014-11-29, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

other, better things you can buy other than SC include funding Star Citizen with another ship or flair, or any of the 5k~ games currently on sale on steam.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2014-11-30, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Star Citizen has more than enough money for a game no one has played.
Old 2014-11-30, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

ill admit, the amount of money they've raised is obscene.

FUNDS RAISED

but then they also have a far larger active player base.

plus, id rather give Chris money than to give another cent to sony, who continually fuck up every single damn game ive ever enjoyed from them.

so yeah, spending cash on that is far more worthwhile than anything smedbux could produce.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2014-12-04, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Mordelicius
Major

Planetside 2 is really the only one of its kind, modern mmofps with large scale persistent combat. The closest competition to PS2 would be Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade. It's still at least a year from release and gameplay type is still unknown atm, other that it is also large scale, open-world, albeit in 3rd person.

And to SOE's credit, it is really the only major studio that's acting like an indie with non-generic approach to mmo games.

I just wish the PS2 Devs play the game and understand where the players are coming from. As it is, they removed the resource meta altogether (which used to drive the fights). They won't remedy redeployside (they won't even acknowledge it as a downside). The farming brought upon by the Directives system negates the Alert system (A dozen tanks outside the base and ignore the capture point; or let the enemy take bases because there's a Biolab, Tower farm). They've already taken out the popular and exciting global facility alerts (again for no good reason at all). (My last thread about PS2's flawed Battleflow: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=58504)

And they are supposed to release this to PS4 soon? They are treating battleflow with callous, half-regard. How are these new players ever going to ever stay? These new players will be wondering, where did everyone go' with players redeploying all over the place. Or 'what's this Alert system, that players are ignoring so they can farm'?

Lastly, is Star Citizen even an MMO? How many players are allowed per server? If it's around 100, then what mold did it break? They should try Planetside 2's extraordinary scale, then they can say, it changed the status quo. Just because it is popular, doesnt' mean it is automatically great.

My fave mmo of all time also had large-scale PvP. I compare PS2 to it and find it is still incomplete with the basic gameplay.

Old 2014-12-04, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
ringring
Contributor
General

I Reckon the devs do play the game a lot. Higby seems to play the heck out of it.

I think the problem is not that they don't understand various viewpoints but they either don't necessarily agree or can't actually do what is wanted or maybe before they are able to do 'that' first they need to do 'this'.
Old 2014-12-06, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
I Reckon the devs do play the game a lot. Higby seems to play the heck out of it.

I think the problem is not that they don't understand various viewpoints but they either don't necessarily agree or can't actually do what is wanted or maybe before they are able to do 'that' first they need to do 'this'.
They fix things that aren't broken, and end up breaking it themselves. I made a long list of things of that for 2014 in one of my threads. And they've been doing it since launch (2012-2013).

I even left out the resource revamp because Resource 2.0 apparently require

Phase 1: Removal of player agency/influence in resource generation (Resource 1.0)

Ok. They said, they would need a modified Sunderer to transport resources from base to base (something to that effect 'like PS1'). But

Phase 2: Nevermind/Cancelled/Delayed/NoNews

Some effects of the new system of Flat Resource + Directives:

- A dozen tanks/vehicle/aircraft drivers/pilots refusing to go to the point leaving the push/attack in permanent limbo/logjam (can't retreat/can't proceed).
- Platoons getting ghostcapped from behind and they don't care because of the 'farm' and waste of leaving behind vehicles.
- Players telling other players not to blow up attacker sunderer because the 'farm is good'.
- Players chastising players for blowing up Sunderers and 'ruining the "fight" (nee farm)'
- Giving up bases even it can be defended so they can farm in a Biolab/Tower.
- Ignoring alerts objectives to continue farming.

Couple that with Redeployside, the battleflow is a mess with no coherent logic in where to proceed but to just jump around and around to find a good fight, only to do it again after that fight ends. In short, the flow is now driven by the farm. All these bases, lattice and infrastructure is secondary at best.

It's not possible to play the game and not see these problems. And the resource revamp is just one example. And they are releasing PS2 in PS4 in this state?

They either:
- Play game and see the problems.
- or Not play the game and not see the problem (instead relying on graphs/maps/metrics/videos/reddit/imagination) to divine gameplay.

It's not possible to play the game and not see the problems as I've argued in this thread:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=58373
Old 2014-12-06, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ringring View Post

I'm quite sure they play a lot.

What differs is their frame of reference.

Many of us who post here have different experiences to reference.
Old 2014-12-07, 07:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
I'm quite sure they play a lot.

What differs is their frame of reference.

Many of us who post here have different experiences to reference.
Absolutely. I also know they also play many other games, I presume to check out the opposition and I presume the company encourages this but problems arise when this results in a lack of appreciation in your own company's products especially when those products don't follow a norm. Uniqueness risks becoming a fault.
Old 2014-12-16, 02:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Mordelicius
Major

Supposed, IF they do actually play their own game (which I highly doubt at the utmost):

- then they don't understand how to play it.

or

- they don't know how to enjoy it.

Just today, VS Emerald at Esamir was jumping all over the place in zerg clumps trying to steal either, Eisa Tech, Ymir Biolab or NS Science from NC.

As standard Vanu practice, they wait for NC/TR to go full on at each other. Then they mass redeploy to an undefended base.

They eventually managed to get Ymir with 67% population only because NC was tied up NE by TR trying to do their warpgate-NC-for-the-lulz-ninja moves.

There's not even a basic flow on where to go, which is akin to watching/switching movies every two minutes. Early last year, it used to be the basic Resource system + 95%(?) continent lock/unlock drives the flow. Then they lowered the cap/uncap threshhold.

A year later, they raised it back, BUT they removed the resource system It's like they don't even know what mechanic synergizes with another.

A two-year old can "play" chess by picking up any piece whatsoever and putting it down.

It doesn't mean they understand it nor they enjoy it.

- Bring back the old or new resource mechanics

and

- remedy Redeployside. Give redeploy a cost and timer to use depending on the distance.

They will release this game to a generation of console players used to specific game pathways. This is open-ended and open-world. Imagine the utter confusion while they try to navigate on what to do.
Old 2014-12-16, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

The console players might welcome less pathways and more freedom. I struggle with why players find it a negative of PS2.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion