What the TR Needs... an open letter to all outfit commanders on Connery - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where the staff gets drunk on KFC gravy.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-15, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
OdinsPride
Private

Arrow What the TR Needs... an open letter to all outfit commanders on Connery

What the TR needs....

The TR needs to have a mentality reset.
Right now, we have too many players putting themselves above the platoon.. Too many platoons not caring about other platoons. And too many outfits putting themselves above the faction as a whole. We need to get out of this “me first” mentality in order for the TR to really flourish. And it needs to come from the top down if it is going to work.

We are never going to convince everyone that working together is the best course of action. Too many lone wolf players will never make that a reality. Trolls or the casual player will not make this a reality. What we CAN make a reality is that the leaders of as many outfits as possible realize that we will never be as good alone as we are together, and should do everything in their power to pursue that ideal.

Right now, many outfits have either ego problems or strategy problems (explain to me the tactical relevance of suarva bio lab on an amerish tech plant alert). Many people do not see the big picture, or choose not to. Granted, not everyone wants the same things out of PS2, and we should respect that fact. There is a lack of respect among many outfits, and it needs to stop for us to achieve our goals of world domination (and having fun doing it).

If we are going to make this work, everyone (esp the outfit commanders) needs to realize that everyone will be on an equal footing. Name, Size, KD, BR, all these things should not matter. The only thing that we should be focusing on is “How do we make the TR better?” Not, “how do we make (outfit name) better?” The goal is that by working together and making the TR on Connery the envy of all other servers, we will be helping our own outfits at the same time. Players who have a purpose have more fun, and players who have more fun stick around longer, and players who stick around longer contribute more to the outfit, and stronger outfits make for a better TR.

This is what the TR needs.

OdinsPride
Co Founder of The Dread Legion [DL3G]
Old 2013-07-15, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
NUKABAZOOKA
Sergeant

Re: What the TR Needs... an open letter to all outfit commanders on Connery

I like how TR Connery currently behaves
(As a VS player...)
Old 2013-07-15, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
OdinsPride
Private

I'm sure you do! Hell, I'd love it too if I was you.

No offense though, still going to try and fix it so we can kick you out of those biolabs once in a while...
Old 2013-07-15, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

These are problems, I'll give you that. Fortunately we don't have much of those issues on Miller but then again we've got TRAM.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-07-15, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
OdinsPride
Private

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
These are problems, I'll give you that. Fortunately we don't have much of those issues on Miller but then again we've got TRAM.
You should play your alt more and help address these issues!
Hit me up (OdinsPride) in game if you're looking for a squad to run with...
Old 2013-07-15, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

too many chiefs and not enough indians. the mistake they made was to allow anybody and everybody to cert into command.
Old 2013-07-15, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Kalee J
Sergeant

What TR Connery needs, is more plasma burns.
Old 2013-07-15, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
OdinsPride
Private

Originally Posted by Rumblepit View Post
too many chiefs and not enough indians. the mistake they made was to allow anybody and everybody to cert into command.
I agree that command channel can be part of the problem. But it is also a good way to start working on some of the things mentioned in the OP.

If more and more commanders start using command chat like its supposed to be used, then the idiots and trolls will start to stick out and be recognized for what they are. Then, either they will start to shape up, or they will become ignored.
If you don't want to help with the solution, then you are part of the problem and should be cut off from the herd. Good luck getting help with that biolab push or recruiting new members....
It's a harsh tactic, but it could be an effective one.
That's why I think that your outfit tag should be posted next to your name in command chat. Maybe if people are representing more than just themselves they will act differently.
Old 2013-07-15, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Message meant for Connery TR and you don't put it in the Connery section of the forums?

The Terran Alliance (TTA), Various TR Outfits coming together on one TS server. Leaders, Officers, and Liaisons all in the War-Room working out logistics, organizing to assess tactical objectives relevance and assigning specific outfits to specific objectives that there size and skill can handle, All of which making up the majority of the TR victories on Connery. Everything you just ranted that you want in TR Connery is right there.
Old 2013-07-15, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Yeah, I don't think this should be in General Discussion.
Old 2013-07-15, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
OdinsPride
Private

I actually did put it in the server sub forum as well.
But this forum gets waaaay more traffic so I posted it here as well.

And a lot of people don't like the TTA for various reasons. Some for good reasons, some for bad reasons, some for silly reasons. But it is there nonetheless.
TTA is PART of TR Connery, it's not THE TR Connery.

I will agree that TTA is likely in the best position more than any other single entity to help address these issues, and would heartily accept any help they want to give.
Old 2013-07-16, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Your right, TTA does not speak for all Connery TR, but its loyal Outfits consist of, I would argue, The majority of proactive TR Outfits on Connery. Every outfit or pub-squad contributes, but Outfit Alliances work the hardest.

I don't think it's true at all that a lot of people in Connery TR dislike or hate the TTA. Petty rivalry between individual players about conflicting strategies pales when compared to a working Outfit Alliance coordinating to win a alert for the pay-off of a ton of XP, certs, and truly epic battles. This is seen not just in TTA but in the VS and NC Outfit Alliances as well.

A vastly under populated TR on Connery this last friday winning a Tech-Plant alert against far superior Vanu numbers because of the TTA' organization, 13 TR Outfits pledged in the TTA all coordinating and working together in the same TS or communicating through the War-Room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=NeMEEbIAi6w

One Outfit does not rule them all. Everything that you proposed and asked for exists in the form of the TTA, If you or your Outfits pride is to great to join and work with such a Outfit Alliance like the TTA and actually accomplish what your preaching, then you need to take initiative and start your own Outfit Alliance that does what you the feel TTA does not.

It's not just TR, What every faction on every server has in abundance is lack of strategies, tactics, and cohesion and that's a fault of game mechanics not giving us sufficient tools to meet certain goals. Ergo we as players adapt to this and form Alliances, Use Team-Speak/Mumble(whatever your preference) to organize in ways the game does not yet fully support.

TL/DR: Don't trust pubs and general masses to suddenly become smart and useful, Join or start a Outfit Alliance/Coalition to make a difference, Lead by example.

I feel this is the answer to your dilemma.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2013-07-16 at 12:14 AM.
Old 2013-07-16, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
Yeah, I don't think this should be in General Discussion.
I'm from Werner and I disagree because I don't think this is limited to one server or one faction only.

I think this behaviour is called being human and playing within the bounds of the game is it is at present and as such should have been predicted.

I think the answer is to allow latitude for people being people and to bring back cr5's.

For those who don't know cr5's existed in PS1 and it worked. Cr5's provided the overall strategy for an empire and when it did work properly it was beautiful to see.

Clearly the channel broke down from time to time, that's because it was composed of people being human.

In PS1 you because a CR5 by leading squads that captured bases and it took a lot of time to get there - this meant that many that did achieve cr5 rank were experienced squad and platoon leaders and they also had some idea of global strategy.

Once you knew someone was a cr5 you also knew they were a very experienced player and (generally) knew what they were talking about.

CR5 channel:- no current squad leader status to gain access, no 'certs' required to gain access but successful leading over a long period of time is required.
Old 2013-07-16, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

I'd be happy if TR on Connery just won one alert. Just once. Every time I login, we are either equal to or within one or two percentage points and yet we cannot win an alert.

-sincerely
someone who is not in an outfit
Old 2013-07-16, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

I think TR on Connery have a problem that we don't have any leading outfits. VS has Future Crew and Templar Order in leadership positions (from my observations), and the NC have the great wall that is the 666th (sorry other guys, EvilPig is clearly the supreme leader of the NC on Connery... possible all of PS2. Its been that way since PS1). SWAT stepped up for a while and USArmyGenJohn untied people into the ultimate pug formation. I haven't seen SWAT operate lately. We need someone to step up and rally the masses.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion