News: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage! - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Spam! A well balenced meal for a troll
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-17, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
SixShooter
Captain

Re: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage!

That tank deserved to be destroyed by C4. It sat there long enough that he could have whipped out a can of spray paint and tagged it before he dropped it.

Old 2012-05-17, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Stardouser
Colonel

What are we expecting to be the deterrent against carrying C4? Perhaps deterrent is not the best word...what is the opportunity cost of carry C4? A weight limit, or do you have to give up some other weapon/more ammo/gadget?
Old 2012-05-17, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Planetside is of the Tribes line? Oh no. I don't think most people want to have a game built around flying infantry that you have to time your explosive weapon firing to catch them on the ground, they could play Tribes Ascend for that.
Sarcasm?
Old 2012-05-17, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Miir
Malvision

The night looks phenomenal! Ah hell everything looks phenomenal!

Not sure on the jump pads. But I was expecting some sort of elevator or portal to fast track people up to the top of bases or towers. So it's probably ok.

There is one thing this video is missing and that's people! Lots of them! SOE FIX THIS! hehehe

This video is going to make waiting for beta even harder now. Glad TB did it though.
Old 2012-05-17, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
CutterJohn
Colonel

Holy crap everything is lit up like a christmas tree.

That giant blue holo sight on the VS gun was incredibly distracting. As were the headlights on the Mag.. put the lights in front of the tank, I don't need the tank itself lit up.

The MAX, while awesome to see, also had severe muzzle flash issues. I couldn't even see what he was aiming at.

And the mosquito cockpit can be described in one word.. RED! Stuff like that is exactly why I hate cockpits, especially in sci fi, because its continually proven that nobody ever makes them functional and rational. They've always got to go out of their way to prove how futuristic they are.

Seriously.. please tone down the colors a bit. Its too much, too distracting. Might be fine during the day, but the extreme contrast at night is very painful to look at.

And one final note.. Am I the only one who thinks the guns are way too big?

Other than those things, it looks seriously awesome gameplay wise.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-05-17 at 01:23 PM.
Old 2012-05-17, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
3rd person tank view. I would presume a tank costs a helluva lot more resources than a pack of c4. I don't care if he put 2 or 3 there, he did that too quick. No worries. Like I said, aircraft here I come. I liked what I saw of it's functioning pretty much 100%. I can't say that at all about the ground play I saw.
I didn't mean how would a tank defend against it, I meant, what will prevent EVERY SINGLE INFANTRY from carrying C4? That's not balanced.
Old 2012-05-17, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

As I think about all the times I was slowly rushing to a fight that I seem never to be able to get to soon enough and waiting for surge to kick in.... Yeah I thing I like the Jump pads.
Old 2012-05-17, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

I can't wait to pick off Jump-padders with my sniper rifle. PULL!!!!
Old 2012-05-17, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
Bags
Lieutenant General

I didn't mean how would a tank defend against it, I meant, what will prevent EVERY SINGLE INFANTRY from carrying C4? That's not balanced.
The mag needs a secondary gunner that's paying attention~
Old 2012-05-17, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
The mag needs a secondary gunner that's paying attention~
Sure, but nevertheless, either there should be space limits on what you carry, weight limits, or even a simple unlock tree of gadgets such that if you choose to carry C4, you are giving up the ability to carry something else, and vice versa. I mean, we don't carry unlimited ammo, we wouldn't carry unlimited gadgets either surely.

You see, C4 isn't just about vehicles, there are other uses for it, and I don't think every single light assault should be running around with it just because they have no space/weight limits preventing it.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-05-17 at 01:40 PM.
Old 2012-05-17, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #101
laelgon
Corporal

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
Preaching to the choir bro. And I seriously hope that cloakers cant carry C4. That would be rofltastic.
Even though I absolutely hate cloaking mechanics in just about every multiplayer game, I think I can objectively say that giving cloakers a weapon capable of destroying vehicles so easily would be close to BFRs in terms of poor decisions.
Old 2012-05-17, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
Bags
Lieutenant General

Sure, but nevertheless, either there should be space limits on what you carry, weight limits, or even a simple unlock tree of gadgets such that if you choose to carry C4, you are giving up the ability to carry something else, and vice versa. I mean, we don't carry unlimited ammo, we wouldn't carry unlimited gadgets either surely.

You see, C4 isn't just about vehicles, there are other uses for it, and I don't think every single light assault should be running around with it just because they have no space/weight limits preventing it.
You do realize each class has equipment slots, right? I didn't see that LA carrying the ammo pack, for example.
Old 2012-05-17, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
Wargrim
Sergeant

Wow, that was absolutely fantastic. Best footage we have seen so far. I cant even describe how much i want the game right now.

The good:
- Night look, mood and feel. Tracers, Lights on buildings, explosions, weapon fire lighting the gun and the surrounding area up. Fantastic.
- The scale. You got a much better feeling here than in the GDC videos or the sreenshots.
- Aircraft sound and afterburner, and the whole feel.
- The high flight ceiling! I hate it when a game has a low max altitude, so i love the fact that you can get really high here!
- Tanks burning, wreckage rolling on, wrecks staying on the battlefield.
- Terran republic AA Max Flak cannons, dakka dakka dakka!
- The large lower indoor areas of the main building, as well as the walkways between the turrets.
- Force field lifts to get up on towers.
- Landscape look, and all the different pathways and stuff. Did you notice the flat top of those huge stone archways? Looks like a tank could drive there!
- Antigravity Lift Tubes.
- Wall Turret placement.
- Overall Look.

The bad:
- Still quite some time until beta state apparently
- Screen shake when he was in that small building and the door shield was hit by what i assume was rapid tank fire. I seriously hope you will never have that bad screen shake in the final game.

On the fence:
- Jump Pads. While i can understand the use of them, they look and feel silly. If you can fire rocket launchers in midair, we are potentially looking at a Quake 3 Rocket Arena match, and as much as i loved Quake 3, i dont want that in Planetside.

Last edited by Wargrim; 2012-05-17 at 01:53 PM.
Old 2012-05-17, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

No one has mentioned the sound but it deserves kudos... Great jet engine sound for the mossie, great sound of booms etc...
Old 2012-05-17, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

I am sad that I won't be able to spawn a mossie on my own head, but I guess only a handful of folks in the universe are able to be that l33t.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion