News: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage! - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: no refills on decis.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-17, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Re: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage!

The Lightning did way too much damage to that mag, considering they were front-to-front the Lightning was definitely on top before it missed a shot and decided to charge the mag rider.

Tanks are gonna need to be able to soak the damage of a big portion of a 200+ pop defense force engaging them. In Planetside the tanks were strong as hell, you beat them by either massing infantry or keeping them at a distance with jammers and mines.

The damage/style of the tanks is Battlefield 3 level, which I don't think suits the combined arms/MMO style of Planetside. In BF3 tanks are just like powerups in quake, they don't really fill a role too well, they die pretty quickly and they have a lot of damage potential but that's not really what a tank is for. I'd say the survivability is more a role of a tank, the Mag in TB's vid died in 2 shots from a vanguards main gun, that is a rear armor, then front armor shot. It also seemed as if TB severely damaged the vangaurd (Flames) in about 8 seconds of fire.

Last edited by 2coolforu; 2012-05-17 at 11:11 PM.
Old 2012-05-17, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #182
Atheosim
Captain

I thought it was so hilarious when clegg would just get demolished. Especially considering his galaxy piloting skillz0rz. Ahh, poor clegg. I deeply hope that we'll have a chance to play together. I'll keep you rezzed, healed, and repaired for eternity. Same goes for higgles if he ever decides to defect to the truest faction, TR. Offer is extended to lunchTray too.

As a note to all PS developers: You guys are the elite. Don't ever believe anything different. Much, much love to every one of you. You too cycles. Maybe. Okay yeah you too. <3 <3 <3

Last edited by Atheosim; 2012-05-17 at 11:14 PM.
Old 2012-05-17, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
TotalBiscuit
Cynical Brit

Originally Posted by Vanir View Post
Didn't he record over 90 mins worth of footage? Where's the rest?
You expected a 90 minute video? It has to be organised, edited, commentated and encoded. It's going to take time
Old 2012-05-17, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
IceyCold
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
You expected a 90 minute video? It has to be organised, edited, commentated and encoded. It's going to take time
I believe in you TB. I am certain I can expect it within the hour.
Old 2012-05-18, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #185
none
Corporal

OMG WHERE'S THE BETA!!!!!!
Old 2012-05-18, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #186
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
Meh, you know damn well that you could upload the raw footage and we'd still fap all over it.

Edit:
Originally Posted by atone View Post
possibly, still i prefer medics on the field be a necessity rather than a time saver. beta will sort it out i guess.
Well they ARE a necessity. It's not a simple matter of "Oh I don't feel like getting a medic just cause I got my face shot of, so I'll just wait here in the corner.", simply because 25 seconds are like years in a fight.

Not to mention that it isn't even a fast regeneration, it still took ~4 seconds to regen his health in the video which looked about 30-40% down, couple that with damage pretty much guaranteed to interupt the regen and the problem is non-existant.

Only thing it really does change compared to PS1 is that now you wouldn't have to waste a medkit after a fight if you are alone, aren't a medic and do not have a medic present.

Last edited by captainkapautz; 2012-05-18 at 12:13 AM.
Old 2012-05-18, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #187
noxious
Second Lieutenant

The footage looked fantastic, but that continent is really small. He flew from being close to one of the warp gates to being close to another one of the wrap gates in less than a minute. You might need to add 15 seconds or so for an actual gate to gate flight, but that still seems like a tiny continent.
Old 2012-05-18, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #188
PeteHMB
Sergeant

14 pages, with several people bitching about "waaaaah they didn't give us 3rd person for tank drivers", and nobody apparently noticed @ 17:40 in the video HE SWITCHES TO 3RD PERSON WHILE BACKING UP THE MAG. Go watch it again...

Other than that, looks AWESOME! Higgs, Cycles, Tray...I'm buying you all a round when I come through in a couple months. And lunchTray, I'm bringing my GSXR750...
Old 2012-05-18, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #189
Atheosim
Captain

This, but cum,.
Old 2012-05-18, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #190
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by PeteHMB View Post
14 pages, with several people bitching about "waaaaah they didn't give us 3rd person for tank drivers", and nobody apparently noticed @ 17:40 in the video HE SWITCHES TO 3RD PERSON WHILE BACKING UP THE MAG. Go watch it again...
Again? But I already broke the internetz watching it.
But LOL at observation, good spot!

Edit: Yup. Took a look and it flips briefly to 3rd person. And gave him an overpowering advantage 'cos he saw the lightning round the corner.

Last edited by Mechzz; 2012-05-18 at 01:02 AM.
Old 2012-05-18, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #191
blackfang
Private

Flak + jump pads = super win, now all that we need is a dusin flak units and those jump pads are useless. Think about the strategic importance of anti air against flying softies!
Old 2012-05-18, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #192
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Looks amazing I am ready to play it
Old 2012-05-18, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #193
That one noob
Sergeant

Good God, the factions were heavily unbalanced pop wise. I mean I knew there were hardly any Elmos in the dev team, but 6%? Good thing this is just an internal testing, because I kinda felt bad for the TR.
Old 2012-05-18, 03:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #194
Shogun
Contributor
General

TB did a great job, and i can´t wait to see more of his footage!
this was only a first taste because as i understood it, he is under some kind of NDA and is not allowed to show off everything until next week.

and hamma will have the same problem.

so we will see a lot more next week from TB while we have to wait for hammas videos.

too bad we couldn´t see the whole TB footage in advance! this way hamma would know which aspects of the game are checked out already and what things are yet uncovered.
really hope we will see some serious engineer action in the next two weeks. either from TB or from hamma.

oh and i am looking forward to all the "let´s break it" fun during beta!
i am sure we will do a lot of cease fires to stresstest things like the jump-pads
want to know what it looks like when a crowd of 300 soldiers charges for one jump pad. popcorn anyone?

DEVS please make the jumpjets hackable by cloakers! would be fun to turn them around, causing the unsuspecting defenders to launch themselfes into the wrong direction, right into a minefield or the enemy.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-05-18, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #195
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by That one noob View Post
Good God, the factions were heavily unbalanced pop wise. I mean I knew there were hardly any Elmos in the dev team, but 6%? Good thing this is just an internal testing, because I kinda felt bad for the TR.
yea, but right now everybody seems to use admin controls to switch between factions, classes and vehicles all the time. and TB said, he missed the "real" playtest. having 200 players is easy to balance factionwise. with only 5 to 10 players unbalanced moments do happen (with admin magic powers enabled)

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion