Spitfires - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look religious, the Nuns are comming.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-11-17, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #136
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Re: Spitfires

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
Actually I have had an amp station with my standard layout of 15 spitfires and/or shadows on the roof and upper decks, with mines, ward off a resecure attempt when I was across the continent.

CE was one of the most fun parts of the game for me. It really required forethought and planning. Four shadows and an assortment of mines kept towers belonging to our team more times than I remember. They were also not as easy to cheat against as another player. And pilots hated them. Eliminating hot-dropping was a great move on Sony's part. Well, making it so costly to get a plane.

Isn't it funny to think that it costs 4.50 real-world dollars to spawn a Sunderer now?
I quit the game before "shadow turrets" came out.
Old 2012-11-17, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
I quit the game before "shadow turrets" came out.
Those things were annoying. However, they were also rare compared to normal spits. You would have to sacrifice too many certs if you weren't above BR35.
Old 2012-11-17, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Those things were annoying. However, they were also rare compared to normal spits. You would have to sacrifice too many certs if you weren't above BR35.
I had them at BR25 a lot actually as part of the Fortification Engineering package - which to an infil doing a lot of spec ops is very interesting (5 more mines and the Cerberus AA turrets in particular). The Shadow Turrets were luckily not mastered by many (usualy poor positioning to the extend blowing up a BD mine would blow the shadow spit guarding it too ), so I didn't have to Dark Light around every entrance as I had feared (didn't want that implant). They were rather annoying and cheap IMO.

Did you know that with DL on and a T-REK, you could steal those too?
Old 2012-11-17, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
Crator
Major General

Yeah, I just never got into a such a specialized cert role like that. Wasn't much into infiltration and it was an art form.. I've used DL in the past but it's more of a challenge to hunt you guys without it...
Old 2012-11-17, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #140
Figment
Lieutenant General

All you needed to hunt an infil was a good sense of stamina rate loss, good hiding places, bumps in the road, EMP nades and/or a Sweeper.

I used to see an infil if they even jerked a little, considering I've always been in third person looking at minimizing my own visibility during movement. If I had it, used Dark Light more for minefield navigation in third person (had vegetation turned on).

With patience, I can crawl into any position without making any move that created even a glimmer. Passed by a lot of backdoor defenses that way. Just have to watch out for those DL sweeps and friendly plasma and stray lasher and bulletspray. In some cases, I was behind the enemy after more than a minute of crawling up to and around them undetected and random friendlies would toss in a plasma nade, spam thumper rounds or something else. Especially annoying if you informed those friendlies earlier...

Last edited by Figment; 2012-11-17 at 04:30 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault